6/10 TNA Slammiversary PPV - Roode v Sting, Joseph Park v Bully Ray, Angle/AJ v Daniels/Kaz, WWE...

Originally Posted by ESyDC

Poor TNA. They put on a great show and still not impressive enough for some.
laugh.gif
 Poor DoubleJ, should have def been 1st in. That triple threat match.
pimp.gif

Not poor TNA.  Poor fools who won't give TNA, the far superior wrestling product to WWE, a shot.  It's their own loss.

I'm sitting here trying to read last nights events and just realizedCase is wild OD with the blatant scrotum slobbing of 4w.
$@** is kind of uncomfortable to read actually.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

WWE's anti-bullying campaign really is a joke if that's the stuff Vince is trying to pull. Way too many contradictory things happen
there for that campaign to really be taken seriously.
Don't forget JR.  WWE takes shots at him every chance they get.  Look at this week's Smackdown.  Just like Vickie, JR has lost a ton of weight, so they insult his bells palsy this week by having Hornswoggle talk out the side of his mouth.  It's disgusting.
Now, in the case of JR, he could always walk away from WWE (which I think he should have done years ago).  He has plenty of money and could easily move into other ventures.  Vickie needs the job, so I feel much worse for her.  Though WWE should just be paying Vickie for the rest of her life regardless of if she wants to be on TV or not.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by ESyDC

Poor TNA. They put on a great show and still not impressive enough for some.
laugh.gif
 Poor DoubleJ, should have def been 1st in. That triple threat match.
pimp.gif

Not poor TNA.  Poor fools who won't give TNA, the far superior wrestling product to WWE, a shot.  It's their own loss.

LOL

laugh.gif

roll.gif

lol

WWE's anti-bullying campaign really is a joke if that's the stuff Vince is trying to pull. Way too many contradictory things happen
Don't forget JR.  WWE takes shots at him every chance they get.  Look at this week's Smackdown.  Just like Vickie, JR has lost a ton of weight, so they insult his bells palsy this week by having Hornswoggle talk out the side of his mouth.  It's disgusting.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i vividly remember Oklahoma in WCW... and how EVERYONE was wanting to take their heads off... How dare someone make fun of a man with bells palsy, How dare they go after an ex-employee and treat him that way.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Funny how things come around huh... When Dr. Death and Oklahoma do it, NOT ok... But dammit we let a little person with a bottle of bbq sauce and it's Hilarious!.... it's all poor taste. [/color]
indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and that's coming from a guy who was/is HEAVY into ECW and their storylines. speaking of which I really didn't agree with  How they set up their Vol. 1 of their ECW dvd. It could have been done a lot better, they dropped the ball imo. I had 10 matches at the top of my head, saw 1. Also i would have done the volumes by year or from early to last. just me .02 cents.[/color]

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by im that one

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

ITO, TNA inducted sting 1st to probably show off the WWE, imo.

JJ should have been 1st imo.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]JJ or AJ would have been the way i would have went imo.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But, as i usually don't agree with 4W, Sting holds no drawing power anymore. And WWE (vince) has never cared about a product or person he didn't create. I really think they (he) could care less.[/color]

You want to say sting has no drawing power, fine, but him on WWE tv would be huge. Even though it looks like it will never happen, the match everyone has always wanted to see is him vs taker. To say Vince doesn't care is a bit of a stretch. IMO, he still cares but probably just not as much.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I really don't think the fanbase as it stands knows who sting is and what he Really has done. They associate him with "old tymers" which is rightfully so. The 6-16 year olds most likely don't. Personally, I will always see sting with bleach blonde short hair, bright tights and wrestling the Vaders and Flairs. I never liked the crow gimmick, i thought it was so stupid after the initial year wait. I thought That was pretty genius, but the gimmick itself was [/color]
sick.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]. His "Scott" gimmick was fine, and His Joker gimmick, imo although a decade late, might have been his best. highly entertaining. But unlike most of you i'm not now nor have been a stinger fan... I always rooted for Vader.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Side note: to say there is No one else to face huh? (Gunna) Lesnar, Rock, Cena are 3 that come to mind pretty fast. Do i want to see Cena... we know the answer, but that still would be huge and I'd like to see Cena take another WM L.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i vividly remember Oklahoma in WCW... and how EVERYONE was wanting to take their heads off... How dare someone make fun of a man with bells palsy, How dare they go after an ex-employee and treat him that way.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Funny how things come around huh... When Dr. Death and Oklahoma do it, NOT ok... But dammit we let a little person with a bottle of bbq sauce and it's Hilarious!.... it's all poor taste. [/color]
indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and that's coming from a guy who was/is HEAVY into ECW and their storylines. speaking of which I really didn't agree with  How they set up their Vol. 1 of their ECW dvd. It could have been done a lot better, they dropped the ball imo. I had 10 matches at the top of my head, saw 1. Also i would have done the volumes by year or from early to last. just me .02 cents.[/color]

The thing about that DVD is that it is ECW UNRELEASED Vol. 1. The great/memorable ECW matches that everyone has seen are already out on DVD.  I enjoyed this DVD for the fact that it wasn't just the usual matches we all know and have seen.

4w is becoming NTWT's Skip Bayless.
laugh.gif

TNA has been much improved though. Still wouldn't put it over WWE...no bias

Originally Posted by YardFather

indifferent.gif

The thing about that DVD is that it is ECW UNRELEASED Vol. 1. The great/memorable ECW matches that everyone has seen are already out on DVD.  I enjoyed this DVD for the fact that it wasn't just the usual matches we all know and have seen.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]yes i know the title, but it's WWE Unreleased. I've seen most of those matches and those matches have been shown. So it's not a true UNRELEASED dvd meaning people haven't seen them. Plus, like i said, structure wise i would have done it by early years and so on. Would have been better with it being in Volumes. [/color]

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

laugh.gif

This.

Last night's show was very impressive, though. Very. If you're a wrestling fan, I don't see why you wouldn't give TNA a shot right now. It's probably the best the product has been in over 4 years.

For the record on the TNA HOF induction.. I wouldn't have put JJ in first. I know I'm the biggest JJ mark here and to say the least.. there would have been too much backlash if he was in first. No one can hate on Sting getting into the TNA HOF. Additionally, despite the fact that JJ got TNA off the ground, it's arguable that Sting had a bigger overall impact on the product itself.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I know WWE has put a lot of foolishness on TV over the years, but man WCW.
laugh.gif

Buff Bagwell taking a swing at his old lady.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Too much real life with that Hogan comment.
Sid.
laugh.gif

The amount of slander just tossed around like nothing is amazing
roll.gif

Are you serious always takes shots..

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

laugh.gif

This.

Last night's show was very impressive, though. Very. If you're a wrestling fan, I don't see why you wouldn't give TNA a shot right now. It's probably the best the product has been in over 4 years.

For the record on the TNA HOF induction.. I wouldn't have put JJ in first. I know I'm the biggest JJ mark here and to say the least.. there would have been too much backlash if he was in first. No one can hate on Sting getting into the TNA HOF. Additionally, despite the fact that JJ got TNA off the ground, it's arguable that Sting had a bigger overall impact on the product itself.

if you are arguing that, then Kurt Angle had a bigger impact and should have been first.

Agreed

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

This.

if you are arguing that, then Kurt Angle had a bigger impact and should have been first.

Agreed

Agreed as well, but for the purpose of last night's show and what the company is doing right now, Sting was the right choice.

John Laurinaitis No Longer WWE Executive Vice President Of Talent Relations

Posted by: Kenny Williams of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Jun 11 2012

The official WWE Corporate website has removed John Laurinaitis from their official list of Executive Officers, signifying that Laurinaitis no longer officially serves as the company's Executive Vice President of Talent Relations.

Triple H (real name Paul Levesque) has been added to the site in Laurinaitis's place as Executive Vice President of Talent and Live Events.

Laurinaitis was placed in his position in 2004, serving as the replacement for Jim Ross.

Despite Laurinaitis no longer holding the position, he is still listed as the Executive Vice President of Talent relations on his WWE.com Superstars profile page and his official Twitter account.

If this is true, it's pretty huge news. I'm sure more details will began rolling out shortly.

I'm working on a new thread now.

Agreed

Agreed as well, but for the purpose of last night's show and what the company is doing right now, Sting was the right choice.
In ring, yes I agree. I'm talking overall leadership & contributions, though. Including behind the scenes. There's a reason why Sting does conference calls with the company, and not Angle. He's just that kind of go to guy that TNA has needed/needs to grow the company.

Otherwise I would say JJ, AJ, and Angle should go in before Sting. Regardless, Sting is a great first choice. It 'makes sense'.

Agreed

In ring, yes I agree. I'm talking overall leadership & contributions, though. Including behind the scenes. There's a reason why Sting does conference calls with the company, and not Angle. He's just that kind of go to guy that TNA has needed/needs to grow the company.

Otherwise I would say JJ, AJ, and Angle should go in before Sting. Regardless, Sting is a great first choice. It 'makes sense'.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Then it would be JJ... Because of TV is why he is in there first. Did JJ have a say in this to put Stinger in, I'm sure he did. But He should have been first. That would be the RIGHT choice. The business choice because of timing and TV is Sting... But before JJ, AJ, and Angle... again, No.[/color]

Back
Top Bottom