6/7 WWE Extreme Rules PPV - Edge vs Hardy Ladder Match, Orton vs Batista in a Steel Cage

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Kennedy never established himself unlike the other superstars which you have listed becasue he has yet to do what all of those men have and that was win the strap that counted the most.
Exactly.

They gave him chances...but unlike all those names up there, he wasn't established.

And injuries weren't the only reason...

Latest update on Kennedy's release; more details come out.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More details are now surfacing about the situation involving Mr. Kennedy and WWE, and it appears Randy Orton wasn't the only one to complain about Kennedy.

While no one is named directly, apparently two or three multi-time world champions (one should already come to mind) were among those that went directly to Vince McMahon to vent their frustrations how dangerously clumsy Kennedy is in the ring and how green he is.

[/font]Regarding top wrestlers complaining to Vince McMahon about Mr. Kennedy, one source said, "People blow spots at house shows and TV every week. There's blowing spots and then there's reckless and green." One example given was that while Rob Van Dam is known for catching opponents with the occasional potato shots, no one feared working with him. "A black eye maybe," said the source, "but no one worried about suffering an actual injury."
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
According to sources, McMahon was already in a bad mood due to the NBA/Denver Nuggets situation and reportedly went insane with anger on a plane ride back home. McMahon apparently said Kennedy is now on the WWE's "do not call list" which very few people are on. It's the cream of the crop when it comes to testing the often-preached "never say never" slogan in WWE.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-PWI is reporting that Ken Kennedy really wasn't a liked man by many within WWE. Some people within the company feel that he was a kiss-##% to upper management, didn't like comments he made in interviews, and truly did feel he was a sloppy worker. Usually when a wrestler hits someone too hard in the ring, the other wrestler stiffs them back, and they call it even. However sources claim Mr. Kennedy would complain when wrestlers stiffed him back after he did it first, and he had a reputation for being a bit of a whiner.

Management feels that they tried to count on Mr. Kennedy and push him, but before they knew it he got hurt each time. WWE management isn't stressing over the possibility of him becoming a big star in TNA, and feels that if they do sign him then he's their problem.

Apparently it wasn't only Randy Orton burying him that lead to Vince letting him go. Vince also asked several respected wrestlers for advice on what to do with Kennedy, and none of them had anything good to say about him.

Some sources flat out say that if it wasn't for the Behind Enemy Lines movie he did, he would have been gone already because he had worn out his welcome.
[/font]

Spoilers for this week's Smackdown:

Spoiler [+]
SmackDown (Airing This Friday)
* SmackDown opens with the Cutting Edge. Jeff Hardy is the special guest. Several ladders are in the ring. Jeff gets several big pops. He climbs one of the ladders and tells Edge that if he wants to talk to him, he's going to have to do it while he's up there. Edge climbs the ladder and says that no matter how high Jeff gets he'll knock him back down. He pushes Jeff off the ladder onto the ground.

* John Morrison b. Shelton Benjamin
- John Morrison gets the win after connecting a Starship Pain.

* Chris Jericho b. R-Truth
- Chris Jericho comes out and says he's going to expose Rey Mysterio. R-Truth comes out and asks Jericho what's up and calls him a hypocrite. He then asks if he thinks he's a thug and says things are about to get bad and that's the truth. Jericho gets the win after a Codebreaker. After the match Rey Mysterio comes out and attacks.

* CM Punk b. Umaga
- Punk gets the win with Go to Sleep.

* Todd Grisham & Jim Ross hype Sunday's Extreme Rules pay-per-view.

* Layla, Michelle McCool, & Alicia Fox b. Melina, Eve, & Gail Kim in a 6 Diva Tag Team Match
Maria is the guest referee
- Layla gets the win with a pin on Melina.

* The Great Khali b. Dolph Ziggler
- Khali gets the win with a chokeslam.

* John Cena is shown on the screen and gets a huge pop.

* Edge b. Rey Mysterio
- Edge gets the win with a spear. After the match Edge tries to attack Rey with a ladder but Jeff Hardy comes to the save. This ends this week's edition of SmackDown.

Dark Main Event:
* Jeff Hardy & Rey Mysterio b. Edge & Chris Jericho in a steel cage match.

The current impression in WWE right now is that Jeff Hardy has not signed a new contract and will likely be taking time away from the company.

One WWE source claims it's possible that Hardy could sign a short-term extension that could keep him with the company long enough to allow some of the bigger names currently out of action time to return, however that was purely speculation on this person's part.

Apparently money has nothing to do with the negotiations, as it's basically a matter of does Jeff Hardy want to be on the road working with WWE right now or does he want some time away from things.

As far as what Hardy will do if he opts not to re-sign with WWE, there are already rumors that he is currently working on a MTV-style reality show project.

Last night's edition of WWE RAW scored a final cable rating of 3.4, up from last week's number. The show did hours of 3.23 and 3.62.
WWE benefitted by not having to compete against the NBA Playoffs last night, but will likely still have their insecure bragging-style "did you know" graphic on next week's show because RAW did still lose to John and Kate Plus 8 again.

Fatal Four Way match for Extreme Rules:

Kofi Kingston vs. MVP vs. Matt Hardy vs. William Regal

It looks like MVP will lose this Sunday in the four-way with Kofi retaining and then I think try to challenge for the title against Orton, but I don't seehow Batista will get out of the picture so there might be a triple threat at the next PPV

They may just have MVP feud with Kofi to help shine light on Kofi as a champion and the belt itself. Then somewhere down the line we may see MVP taking onOrton and possibly winning the strap so that when HHH returns they will have a feud dealing with the whole who truly is an MVP. Thats just my guess unless theyhave Legacy interfere this weekend and have batista taking on those two guys to help establish Cody Rhodes and then that will allow MVP to take on Orton.

They may just have MVP feud with Kofi to help shine light on Kofi as a champion and the belt itself. Then somewhere down the line we may see MVP taking on Orton and possibly winning the strap so that when HHH returns they will have a feud dealing with the whole who truly is an MVP. Thats just my guess unless they have Legacy interfere this weekend and have batista taking on those two guys to help establish Cody Rhodes and then that will allow MVP to take on Orton.
MVP is not winning the strap against Orton.
MVP will not feud with HHH.
Cody Rhodes will not be established any time soon...especially against Batista.
laugh.gif

Management thinks DiBiase will be the bigger/better star down the line...that's why Cody catches most of the beatdowns.

Y'all gotta watch this video...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
My _ Orton.

WWE has re-signed Chris Masters.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]World Wrestling Entertainment has re-signed Chris Mordetzky, better known as Chris Masters.

Masters has been cancelling his indy bookings and telling those promoters that he is going back to WWE and going right back on television as opposed to developmental. He was backstage at the RAW and SmackDown events at the Staples Center last week and looked to be in good shape. There's no word on which brand he will be returning on.

Masters, 27, has been gone from the company for a little under two years, and has been wrestling overseas a lot since then.
[/font]

Spoiler [+]
Why would they have CM Punk win cleanly over Umaga 1 on 1 the week of their PPV match? It seems like they should have had Umaga stay looking strong still and beat another opponent

And I don't see MVP winning the belt, but I do see him getting in at least one championship match until HHH gets back, which I don't see happening soon

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]World Wrestling Entertainment has re-signed Chris Mordetzky, better known as Chris Masters.

Masters has been cancelling his indy bookings and telling those promoters that he is going back to WWE and going right back on television as opposed to developmental. He was backstage at the RAW and SmackDown events at the Staples Center last week and looked to be in good shape. There's no word on which brand he will be returning on.

Masters, 27, has been gone from the company for a little under two years, and has been wrestling overseas a lot since then.
[/font]

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by BlackMamba08

[/font]

smokin.gif

He should go to ECW and become a face. But he'll probably head to RAW.

man WWE does not need to lose Jeff Hardy at this point

but they should gave him the strap back against Orton at last years Royal Rumble instead of letting him hold it for a month

behind Cena, I think Hardy is their 2nd biggest face

Wow. The Masterpiece is back! I'll never forget HHH clownin' Masters on live TV, when Masters lost all that weight.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
My _ Orton.
"I WILL HEAD BUTT YOUR TEETH THROUGH YOUR SKULL"-ORTON
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

"THAT'S NOT POLITE" -Reporter
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Orton is the man

Idk I dont see MVP winning the strap anytime soon then again why would they take the belt away from him. Maybe MVP will face off against Orton and lose leadingto Orton being unstopable leading to HHH being the only man who can stop him when he returns.

Chris Masters, eh? Dude would get NO reaction whenever he came out.
laugh.gif

But seriously..never was a fan myself(his gimmick pretty much got killed when Lashley broke the Masterlock), but maybe he's improved alot since then.

Idk I dont see MVP winning the strap anytime soon then again why would they take the belt away from him. Maybe MVP will face off against Orton and lose leading to Orton being unstopable leading to HHH being the only man who can stop him when he returns.

I can see that happening but I still think Boretista will finally turn heel, costing HGH the match against Orton AGAIN

*Tommy Dreamer vs. David Hart Smith

*Goldust & Hornswoggle vs. The Brian Kendrick & Jamie Noble

*Jeff Hardy & R-Truth vs. Chris Jericho & Dolph Ziggler

impacttonight.jpg

*Daniels & Suicide vs. Kiyoshi & Sheik Abdul Bashir

*Consequences Creed & Chris Sabin vs. Beer Money

*Taylor Wilde vs. Daffney

*Sgt. Jesse Neal vs. Matt Morgan

*Samoa Joe vs. Kevin Nash in a cage match to quality for King of the Mountain

Whoa this thread giving some attention to TNA?
eek.gif

I hope this week is as good as last week, they are on a roll now w/ their storylines.

Am I the only one that thinks an R-Truth/Jericho feud would be kinda good?

I dunno about that. Jericho gets into character so well that I wouldn't be surprised if he blurted out the N word or say some under the radar racist ****at R-Truth.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I dunno about that. Jericho gets into character so well that I wouldn't be surprised if he blurted out the N word or say some under the radar racist **** at R-Truth.
roll.gif
alien.gif

Well..Killings DID play a racist character in TNA at one point.

It would be entertaining.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom