7-Day Dray.....

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

The Wiz are 4-3 since the trades and competitive in the 3 losses. You can't discredit any NBA player shooting that high of a clip and making his team competitive. The fact is, given the minutes and liberation, he will get off on just about any team because of the mismatch problems he poses. 

Great points...

This team (while it looks worse on paper), has performed MUCH better without Jamison, Butler, and Gil (not to mention Haywood & Stevenson).  The young guys are getting a chance to do their thing, and they are playing real hard.  People can tolerate the losses....only as long as you're giving 110% and keeping your squad in the games you are playing.  We know this team is in limbo right now...however it's refreshing to know that you have one guy in Blatche who has stepped up and shown what he can do and can possibly be a cornerstone of the franchise for years to come. 

Seems like it took a long time, but people forget how young he was.

Glad he made it, wasn't sure what he would do coming out of high school. Everyone around here knew he couldn't qualify for Syracuse, but it looks like he's going to be solid.

pimp.gif

Held Garnett to an o'fer last night....I'm just loving the development of this guy. The potential to be something real special is there....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Held Garnett to an o'fer last night....I'm just loving the development of this guy. The potential to be something real special is there....
Blatche was only guarding KG on one of his FGA's. Singleton actually did a good job on KG.

Garnett also got in his head. Garnett was yapping at him and he shrunk for the last 5 minutes of the game. I like Blatche, too, but he has a long way to go mentally.

Blatche played well, but KG made him cry.

Saunders said the Wizards looked "discombobulated" down the stretch, even failing to be in the right position after timeouts. He also was upset with Blatche for engaging in some fourth-quarter in trash talk with Garnett, which helped turn the game in the Celtics' favor. "We beat ourselves by getting them energized, which got their crowd energized," Saunders said. "Dray is wolfing the whole time at Kevin Garnett. You can't do those kinds of things. When you're coming up and establishing yourself, you don't take a guy that's been defensive player of the year and is probably the best power forward and get that guy juiced up to play against you. You got no chance."

Blatche was noticeably upset and appeared to hold back tears as he explained his encounter with Garnett, which nearly got heated when Garnett approached Blatche and tried to wrestle the ball away from him. Blatche appeared to throw an elbow as Garnett continued to taunt him. Blatche later flung Garnett into a cameraman and sent him to the foul line for two free throws. Garnett smiled as he was helped off the ground. Reserve forward James Singleton said Garnett used his "veteran senses" to needle Blatche and get under his skin.

"I see myself as defending myself as a player. I'm a man, just like they a man. If a man is talking to me this close to my face," Blatche said, moving his hand toward his cheek. "I'm going to say something back. He has to respect me just like I respect him. I just, 'Get up out of my face.' He was this close in my face - I can feel his lips touching my cheek - I wasn't bragging saying 'Ah we winning.' It was 'Back up.' "

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Blatche was only guarding KG on one of his FGA's. Singleton actually did a good job on KG.

Garnett also got in his head. Garnett was yapping at him and he shrunk for the last 5 minutes of the game. I like Blatche, too, but he has a long way to go mentally.

Blatche/McGee are responsible for Garnett not getting good looks etc...yes, Singleton did play a big part in Garnett's o'fer, but let's not discredit Blatche for the job he did defensively.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Blatche played well, but KG made him cry.

Saunders said the Wizards looked "discombobulated" down the stretch, even failing to be in the right position after timeouts. He also was upset with Blatche for engaging in some fourth-quarter in trash talk with Garnett, which helped turn the game in the Celtics' favor. "We beat ourselves by getting them energized, which got their crowd energized," Saunders said. "Dray is wolfing the whole time at Kevin Garnett. You can't do those kinds of things. When you're coming up and establishing yourself, you don't take a guy that's been defensive player of the year and is probably the best power forward and get that guy juiced up to play against you. You got no chance."

Blatche was noticeably upset and appeared to hold back tears as he explained his encounter with Garnett, which nearly got heated when Garnett approached Blatche and tried to wrestle the ball away from him. Blatche appeared to throw an elbow as Garnett continued to taunt him. Blatche later flung Garnett into a cameraman and sent him to the foul line for two free throws. Garnett smiled as he was helped off the ground. Reserve forward James Singleton said Garnett used his "veteran senses" to needle Blatche and get under his skin.

"I see myself as defending myself as a player. I'm a man, just like they a man. If a man is talking to me this close to my face," Blatche said, moving his hand toward his cheek. "I'm going to say something back. He has to respect me just like I respect him. I just, 'Get up out of my face.' He was this close in my face - I can feel his lips touching my cheek - I wasn't bragging saying 'Ah we winning.' It was 'Back up.' "

this is what I said in the NBA thread:

Flip coaches who, again?  I HATE what he had to say in the post game last night....absolutely hate it.  This is a losers mentality, and it is pretty much encouraging Blatche or whoever else to backdown from Garnett. 
smh.gif
  Unbelievable....

Some evidence against the people that say KG only picks on white guys. And evidence pointing to the fact that trash talking can rattle someone/take them out of the game...

McGee absolutely murdered us on D with his help/athleticism. I didn't think this guy would ever step foot on an NBA court after his summer league rookie year. Guy was taking 20 foot fadeaways and airballing them.

Whats their record after that trade?

And i do think they need a new coach (no offense to flip.) I just think JVG or Avery would be a better fit.

Flip didn't know what he was getting himself into. coaching a young team like the Wizards is not the same as coaching a team full of vets. i'm not even gonna blame Blatche for this situation, because Flip shouldn't have gone to the media after the game throwing Blatche under the bus with the "i've never been this disappointed in a player ever" comment he made.

the conclusion of this situation is that so far, Flip has been a failure in Washington.

Flip didn't know what he was getting himself into. coaching a young team like the Wizards is not the same as coaching a team full of vets. i'm not even gonna blame Blatche for this situation, because Flip shouldn't have gone to the media after the game throwing Blatche under the bus with the "i've never been this disappointed in a player ever" comment he made.

the conclusion of this situation is that so far, Flip has been a failure in Washington.
So we're just going to blame Flip then? I guess we can just disregard that teammates of Blatche in the past have called him the "laziest player I''ve ever seen" and "has an issue with authority".

Yeah the coach is the one to blame.

Blatche = Downtown?
nerd.gif

I am a big wizards who has always known that andray has this type of basketball ability but he will never reach his full potential because he is a knucklehead. he was sleeping at the verizon center before his new deal got done. he can play, but can't sustain that high level for an entire season. either way good signing for the wiz for once. $3 M is a bargain to bring him off the bench behind a solid vet. flip is not the right fit for what the wiz currently are.

This fool is an idiot, i dont know if i should drop him or not, in the middle of fantasy playoffs, tyrekes down, rip sucks now this fool!! IDIOT! You havent done anything yet!

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

This fool is an idiot, i dont know if i should drop him or not, in the middle of fantasy playoffs, tyrekes down, rip sucks now this fool!! IDIOT! You havent done anything yet!

We're all intrigued by your situation. Please keep us updated.

Blatche may have been immature when he first came into the league, but his production since the Jamison trade has not been consistent with a "lazy" player. obviously he has some growing up to do stilll, but the coach should be able to work with him without throwing him under the bus in the media after every bad game and talking about how he wishes he had Kevin Garnett instead.

Flip is a good Xs and Os guy, but his problem is that he doesn't know how to develop/motivate players. even looking at the KG situation posted earlier in the thread.. if your team plays their hearts out and takes the Boston Celtics down to the wire, you don't come out in the media postgame bashing one of your players for trashtalking. who does that? and the way he distributes minutes is awful... at the beginning of the season he was giving Deshawn Stevenson big minutes while the young guys were on the bench.

and nah i'm not blatche, apparently i'm manamazing
laugh.gif

/\ This ain't college. A coach isn't obligated to develop/motivate players at this level.

Blatche may have been immature when he first came into the league, but his production since the Jamison trade has not been consistent with a "lazy" player. obviously he has some growing up to do stilll, but the coach should be able to work with him without throwing him under the bus in the media after every bad game and talking about how he wishes he had Kevin Garnett instead.

Flip is a good Xs and Os guy, but his problem is that he doesn't know how to develop/motivate players. even looking at the KG situation posted earlier in the thread.. if your team plays their hearts out and takes the Boston Celtics down to the wire, you don't come out in the media postgame bashing one of your players for trashtalking. who does that? and the way he distributes minutes is awful... at the beginning of the season he was giving Deshawn Stevenson big minutes while the young guys were on the bench.

and nah i'm not blatche, apparently i'm manamazing
laugh.gif
I think he knows Blatche more than any of us though. He knows his work ethic. He didn't take him out cause of one instance of not getting back on defense.

Deshawn's level of sucktitude is astronomical, but you can't say that boy doesn't give 100% on the court. If I'm a coach, I give minutes to that guy.

Flip ain't that great of a coach though.

Flip didn't know what he was getting himself into. coaching a young team like the Wizards is not the same as coaching a team full of vets.
Another thing...I don't get this.

How "didn't he know what he was getting himself into"? When he accepted the job, he accepted it knowing he would be coaching Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, Randy Foye, Mike Miller, Mike James, DeShawn Stevenson, etc. ALL VETS! Those were the guys that were perceived as the main players and contributors on the team when he accepted the job.

So how did he not know what he was getting himself into? Because you go on to say he didn't know what he was getting himself into because he is coaching a young team. And that wasn't the case "when he got into this".

Blatche is a fool, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt in this situation. Let's remember why Flip was canned in Detroit. Many of his players started to tune him out. I've soured on dude since his comments following the Wizards/Celtics game from a few weeks back. That's water under the bridge, and all I'll say on it is, he SHOULD have had his player's back in that situation. No need to kiss KG's *+@. You don't coach him anymore.
smh.gif

It says a lot that Blatche is back playing tonight. Maybe there is some truth in the 25% Blatche was talking about that he was at fault for last night.

Blatche is young and immature...his work-ethic is questionable...HOPEFULLY he'll figure it all out one day and can become a consistent force on a nightly basis. All the tools are there for him to dominate....it's just his brain that we have to worry about.

C'mon Dray...

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ This ain't college. A coach isn't obligated to develop/motivate players at this level.
Most rookies are still in their early 20s. they still need development.

And EVERYONE needs motivation.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

We're all intrigued by your situation. Please keep us updated.

I will jack @#$. And he is playing.It's his fault anyway. All this you need get motivation and he needs to be coddled B S needs to stop. Just like Darko or whomever wants to blame the coaches and the NBA. YOU signed up for it. It's not high school, this is a business and you have your BOSSES [Coaches, GMs, Owners] and you have to do what they say. Once you step on that court its up to you what you do, be a man about it.

Back
Top Bottom