70 Seperate JDAM Strikes in Iraq and Afghanistan

Joint. Direct. Attack. Munition.

Bomb ranging from 500lbs - 2000lbs

:wow:

*FIXED*

Last edited:
Its crazy to me (never been in war) to think that the killing of another human being would cause these kinds of laughs and cheers.

Im not tryin to start nothin at all...cause when someone is also trying to kill you, you kill them with what ever you got.

but i think the scene of huge bombs, and KNOWing that its killin someone would haunt me for a long time....

I hope the troops coming home get the help they deserve.

im not trying to down ALL soldiers but alot of the folk that are in the military seem very immature and are there cuz they wana prove how tough they are..and they act like frat boys with guns..i dont think all of em are like that but i mean you got dudes pissin on bodies and killin and raping..they go into war with previous issues and i think thats why they come back worst, im not saying that killing a person or watching the dude next to you get shot in the face isnt traumatic but it seems like the military doesnt do much of a thorough psychiatric evaluation on these people before or after battle and really dont care..all the guys i know in the military were picked on in school, one dude was such a nerd then after high school all of a sudden he's a rapper, then he went to the military mind you this guy came from a really well off family and his brother was the cool one with all the girls and he was the nerdy one..man i wish icould show you guys a before and after pic of this guy..

Its crazy to me (never been in war) to think that the killing of another human being would cause these kinds of laughs and cheers.
Im not tryin to start nothin at all...cause when someone is also trying to kill you, you kill them with what ever you got.
but i think the scene of huge bombs, and KNOWing that its killin someone would haunt me for a long time....
I hope the troops coming home get the help they deserve.

Not taking any shot at you or anything but its different to judge when we're behind a computer screen. Might more of the whoa of the explosion and defeating the enemy, remember its war. They arent there to judege if its right or humane or w/e, they just want to defeat the enemy. I too hope they get the help they deserve.

im not trying to down ALL soldiers but alot of the folk that are in the military seem very immature and are there cuz they wana prove how tough they are..and they act like frat boys with guns..i dont think all of em are like that but i mean you got dudes pissin on bodies and killin and raping..they go into war with previous issues and i think thats why they come back worst, im not saying that killing a person or watching the dude next to you get shot in the face isnt traumatic but it seems like the military doesnt do much of a thorough psychiatric evaluation on these people before or after battle and really dont care..all the guys i know in the military were picked on in school, one dude was such a nerd then after high school all of a sudden he's a rapper, then he went to the military mind you this guy came from a really well off family and his brother was the cool one with all the girls and he was the nerdy one..man i wish icould show you guys a before and after pic of this guy..
What'd you expect? These guys are like 18-22. 

On top of that, the suicide rates have outpaced actual in-battle deaths. 

word and they end up killing their families and strangers...its very sad, all that money that goes to the military to figure out how to kill more people and flex how much more fire power we have, should be used to help these guy and girls out..maybe after they come home they spend time in a civilian boot camp of some sort for a couple of months and are welcomed to bring their family with them and have around the clock psychiatric and medical personnel...something..we pretty much established how powerful we are in the 40's..now its just ridiculous.

Millions of innocent people died in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. One of most senseless wars in Earth's history. Nothing changed because of the wars, let alone not achieving anything with these wars. The last 11 years have felt more of a war against Arabs/Muslims than it did facing terrorism. Lots of respect and patriotism was lost in today's sentiments towards this country.

Millions of innocent people died in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. One of most senseless wars in Earth's history. Nothing changed because of the wars, let alone not achieving anything with these wars. The last 11 years have felt more of a war against Arabs/Muslims than it did facing terrorism. Lots of respect and patriotism was lost in today's sentiments towards this country.

Millions?

Its crazy to me (never been in war) to think that the killing of another human being would cause these kinds of laughs and cheers..

you have to understand it's all context.

first, take yourself out of the politics of war . . . just for a second, DON'T think about WHY we're deployed there overseas and the REASONS behind it. Remove yourself from the role of armchair general and try to put yourself in that very moment . . .

you have a task to perform, but you've been attacked or your fellow soldiers have been attacked or other people in the area may have been attacked or harassed by another group. maybe you're wounded, maybe the guy next to you has been wounded by a sniper or mortar? maybe you're pinned down and moving might get more people hurt? maybe you're protecting a convoy of relief supplies going to a town that's been subjugated by the Taliban and recently liberated?

you've just been shot at, maybe you're bleeding, maybe the guy next to you needs to be medivac'ed before he bleeds out, maybe hurt townspeople need to be airlifted to the hospital after they've been attacked by the Taliban or a bunch of thugs who've beaten them up because they couldn't make their weekly protection payment?

in order to protect yourself, the guy next to you or innocent civilians right where you are, the best course of action is to call in air strike.

you hear the roar of the jets overhead and the ground shakes and you brace yourself and watch a spectacular explosion on an enemy position. as the smoke clears, you see the enemy sniper fire or mortar fire stop. and sadly, your enemy who is also fighting for what they believe in is probably dead or wounded or maimed. but they can't hurt you any more.

so you cheer and shout and scream and laugh and embrace the guy next to you.

and why?

it's not because you've participated in the death of another human being. it's because you're happy that you are still alive. you're happy the guy next to you is still alive. you could care less about war and politics and why you're there. you've survived and you're one step closer to going home and seeing your family or girlfriend or wife or kids and fulfilling the commitment you've made to the military.

Its crazy to me (never been in war) to think that the killing of another human being would cause these kinds of laughs and cheers..
you have to understand it's all context.

first, take yourself out of the politics of war . . . just for a second, DON'T think about WHY we're deployed there overseas and the REASONS behind it. Remove yourself from the role of armchair general and try to put yourself in that very moment . . .

you have a task to perform, but you've been attacked or your fellow soldiers have been attacked or other people in the area may have been attacked or harassed by another group. maybe you're wounded, maybe the guy next to you has been wounded by a sniper or mortar? maybe you're pinned down and moving might get more people hurt? maybe you're protecting a convoy of relief supplies going to a town that's been subjugated by the Taliban and recently liberated?

you've just been shot at, maybe you're bleeding, maybe the guy next to you needs to be medivac'ed before he bleeds out, maybe hurt townspeople need to be airlifted to the hospital after they've been attacked by the Taliban or a bunch of thugs who've beaten them up because they couldn't make their weekly protection payment?

in order to protect yourself, the guy next to you or innocent civilians right where you are, the best course of action is to call in air strike.

you hear the roar of the jets overhead and the ground shakes and you brace yourself and watch a spectacular explosion on an enemy position. as the smoke clears, you see the enemy sniper fire or mortar fire stop. and sadly, your enemy who is also fighting for what they believe in is probably dead or wounded or maimed. but they can't hurt you any more.

so you cheer and shout and scream and laugh and embrace the guy next to you.

and why?

it's not because you've participated in the death of another human being. it's because you're happy that you are still alive. you're happy the guy next to you is still alive. you could care less about war and politics and why you're there. you've survived and you're one step closer to going home and seeing your family or girlfriend or wife or kids and fulfilling the commitment you've made to the military.
Completely agreed.

Its easy for us to wonder why they seem so happy, but you captured everything I felt too lazy to write.

Theres two sides to it. 

You might not agree with it, but in those situations its either YOU or THEM. 

Last edited:

True
"This year, 2012, there have been more suicides in the Army than combat deaths,"

Army Seeks To Curb Rising Tide Of Suicides

Article speaks on the military stand down day we just had for suicide prevention as well.

Millions?

the effects of the war will kill and disable millions more

Back
Top Bottom