90s Culture Appreciation vol. Intro

Man the 90s were so great. Can't even begin to outline the greatness.
Things started falling off noticeably around 99 honestly.
I'm so damn grateful that we had cable.

Not having as much access and having that anticipation and excitement of seeing something fresh. Kinda miss that.
Preach man.

Appointment TV also was a big part of life that I sometimes miss. Binge watching has really crushed the water cooler talk around Summer/Winter Olympics

I have been thinking about this ad for a while, so I decided to do some Googling. Came across this. Does anyone remember this product and/or ad?

Okay, so in the early to mid 90's, Nickelodeon used to run a commercial for a children's record set (they didn't produce the ad, they just ran it).

It was one of thosE "50 favorite kdis songs" type things, and the two songs I remember being on it were "Teddy Bear Picnic" and "Puff The Magic Dragon". An animation would play onscreen for a bit whille the song(s) played.

I remember because they played clips from those two songs back to back and the commercial aired a LOT so it ended up being engraved into my memory which is why I'm remembering it right now! :smile:

Can anyone find this commercial for the record set on YouTube? I don't suppose anyone knows the name of the record(s)?

Richard Wolfe Puff The Magic Dragon, Teddy Bears Picnic, & Other Favorites, The Richard Wolfe Chorus | Steve Hoffman Music Forums http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...er-favorites-the-richard-wolfe-chorus.133565/

4:03 Mark

the 80s were better how we live now is just a upgraded version of the 80s nothing beats the 80s

the 80s were better how we live now is just a upgraded version of the 80s nothing beats the 80s
Better is a word I won't use, but musically, I enjoy the 80s more than any other era by far.

Man the 90s were so great. Can't even begin to outline the greatness.
Things started falling off noticeably around 99 honestly.
I'm so damn grateful that we had cable.

Probably a reflection of you growing up vs. The quality of life actually dropping off.

Things matter more when we are kids.
Things are more impressive when we are kids.

I have been thinking about this ad for a while, so I decided to do some Googling. Came across this. Does anyone remember this product and/or ad?

Okay, so in the early to mid 90's, Nickelodeon used to run a commercial for a children's record set (they didn't produce the ad, they just ran it).

It was one of thosE "50 favorite kdis songs" type things, and the two songs I remember being on it were "Teddy Bear Picnic" and "Puff The Magic Dragon". An animation would play onscreen for a bit whille the song(s) played.

I remember because they played clips from those two songs back to back and the commercial aired a LOT so it ended up being engraved into my memory which is why I'm remembering it right now! :smile:

Can anyone find this commercial for the record set on YouTube? I don't suppose anyone knows the name of the record(s)?

Richard Wolfe Puff The Magic Dragon, Teddy Bears Picnic, & Other Favorites, The Richard Wolfe Chorus | Steve Hoffman Music Forums http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...er-favorites-the-richard-wolfe-chorus.133565/

4:03 Mark

Man I had no idea what you were talking about, until I saw them coming around that mountain and the plate of spaghetti. I remember HATING that commercial.

I don’t care for the eighties. It’s like we could foresee the technology and stuff but none of it existed so the eighties were kind of imitating what was to come. Things were kind of unfolding during the nineties and we had a mix of the exciting new and the last of the go,den era at the same time. Great time to experience

I kinda wish I could've lived in the 80s in my late teen early 20s. Seems like it would've been fun af(as long as I didn't try crack).

To sell. I probably would've been all about it once I seen someone pull up in that Saab with the gold bbs.

I know I have the luxury of hindsight, but I just can't see someone walking up to me saying, "They got this new **** called CRACK. You should try it.." and me being down with it.

80s had better music better movies better tv shows better fashion 90s had terrible fashion

Back
Top Bottom