9th Annual ACC (7)/Big Ten (2) Challenge Post

Should be an interesting to see our freshman in their first road game of their career at Clemson. They've looked decent so far but our offense has lookedvery stagnant at times but hopefully our defense and hustle can make it a low scoring game. Boiler Up!

7:00 p.m. (24) N.C. State at (10) Michigan State ESPN
7:30 p.m. Illinois at Maryland ESPN2

Big 10 better take one or both of these...or they might not win any

FSU with the win
pimp.gif

Duke almost has 50 points with another half to go still.. crazy, never thought i'd see anybody score at will like this against Sconsin.

I like this Duke squad, I really do. They go 100 mph and give 100% on both ends of the court, plus we have shooters galore. Still want to see what it'll belike when we play a squad with some inside presence. Illinois killed us on the boards and I'd rate their frontcourt a B- Tonight we're doing a realgood rebounding on the defensive end and contesting shots. If Wisconsin were smart they'd dump it to Butch low on the blocks. He gets good position and canscore at will when deep in the paint.

This challenge is absolute trash. The Big 10 just doesn't match up. Give us the Pac10 or Big East. I actually cheered for Indiana to win because I likeGordon and both Whites and I also wanted the Big 10 to get at least one win. UVA/Northwestern is a joke and this FSU/Minnesota game is turning into a joke.

If Purdue could find a way to win this game tonight, which they're leading near half-time.. that would make things interesting tomorrow.. but we'realso basically depending on OSU or PSU to pull out a huge home victory.. and OSU's got a crazy matchup, and PSU just blows...

SO i'm not saying this COULDN'T be the year, but Purdue has to win or it's over already.

really thought wisconsin would make a game out of this tonight
frown.gif
...thebadgers size was the one advantage they had coming in but butch got into foul trouble and stiemsma was never a factor...oh well, at least Leuer looked like hemight be able to contribute some this year...and yeah this Big 10/ACC challenge is turning out to be a joke
laugh.gif

Damn close game but we lost just couldn't close out that game. But there are some great things that the freshmen did and some stupid things. Good jobClemson tough game. Boiler Up.

Teams protecting home court tonight. Big Ten has 4 home games to 1 tomorrow and need a complete sweep to win the challenge.

This is ESPN's darling and they are under contract through 2011. Remember before this started in 1999 there was an ACC/Big East Challenge.

rolla808 -

Y'all have some good Freshman. Once they start playing together more at this level, it'll just keep getting better and better. Tough game, we playedhorribly in the first half (some of that had to do with Purdue), but you could see we miss James Mays' presence. We picked it up in the 2nd half andluckily got it together in time for the W.

I think MSU will pick up a win for the Big 11 tomorrow, we just gotta hold down Hickson a little better than we did against Love.

i went to elementry and middle school with jared cold of Iowa. he went to my rival high school. pretty cool dude.

Boy we laid a big fat egg tonight. Easily the worst game we've played since the St. John's debacle three years ago. Michigan State played lights out.

ACC wrapped it up this year again with BC's win at Michigan.

Can my boys here at PSU get some love? I'm so damn proud of them after having such a disappointing old spice classic, they bounce back with their biggestOOC win since 2001, in front of a huge crowd tonight (by PSU standards)... what a fun game it was to be at, they gave the fans a reason to come back and showeda national audience that they aren't going to roll over for the ACC or anybody this year or any year in the near future (as we looked great with 4 freshmenon the floor at times tonight)... I realize VT isn't at the top of the ACC this year, but they are good enough to hang with the Duke's and UNC's ofthe world year in, year out.. and we lead them almost the entire game... Good stuff PSU!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

welp, as usual the ACC smashes... give us the Big East next year

espn has the acc/big10 contract until 2011.. it ain't going anywhere yet. It used to be the Big east i believe.. back in like 99 or so.

Back
Top Bottom