_______________Might go to SF in June....WHERE TO STAY????_______________

in the city or outside

i plan to be there for a week if i go so i would be doing things within and outside of the city

hotel suggestions??

if u wanna ball, i recommend the four seasons on market st. its settled in the heart of the city and is literally minutes from all the shopping areas.

Definitely get a place in the city. If you were to stay out of the city, your next bet would be Daly City / South San Francisco (SFO), but you would need a carto get into the city. If you stay in SF, public transportation will get you pretty much everywhere.

esspee1200 - i don't wanna ball...i'm trying to get somewhere under $150 per night

it doesn't necessarily have to be in the city...i've never even been out to CA at all so i don't know the city at all

we plan to get a rental car 'cause we're gonna do stuff outside the city as well

i may be able to stay somewhere just outside the city for free everynight except the 1st night...my sister, brother in law, and niece are staying at my dadsstep sisters house and me and my gf weren't included in the initial plans...i asked if he could ask if we would be able to stay there as well (because myparents were initially supposed to go but decided not to) but he doen't want to ask...he suggested that me and my gf go and book a hotel for the week(he's pitching in on the cost of that 'cause he just inherited a nice chunk of money) and when we show up to meet his step sister maybe she'll saywe can stay as well and we can cancel our hotel reservations
laugh.gif

Embassy Suites in South San Francisco....rooms are pretty big and they have an indoor swimming pool also. I believe its less than 150/night. only like 10-15minute drive to the city also.

If you're not particular with the facilities, there's a bunch of hotels near Union Square for only $100/night.

alright, i'm staying in Marin count, about 7 miles north of San Francisco, for free at my dads sister in laws

i plan to go into SF for a couple of days during my stay...i know we want to check out alcatraz...open to any suggestions

Originally Posted by OL WHOADIE BASTARD

alright, i'm staying in Marin count, about 7 miles north of San Francisco, for free at my dads sister in laws

i plan to go into SF for a couple of days during my stay...i know we want to check out alcatraz...open to any suggestions

GG bridge, Giants game, the Pier, Downtown SF, Oakland?

Reposting from Purple Face's thread from a few weeks back

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buy a $3 Muni map and you're good to go. SF public transpo + a lot of walking > driving a car in SF

Union Square - to chill and watch people
Westfield SF - shopping
Chinatown - rice toppings a must try (roast pork, peking duck, soy chicken, etc)
Pier 39 / Fisherman's Wharf - look for Bush Man, avoid the wax museum. In-n-Out
Metreon
Fillmore St - unique shops. restos, bakeries and cafes are to die for http://www.fillmorestreetsf.com/
Tenderloin - walk the streets of Tenderloin for some thrills
Coit Tower - great view of the city
Golden Gate Bridge - walk the whole stretch of the bridge and back
Alcatraz - watch out for Dirty Krang
Japanese Tea Garden / Golden Gate Park
Crazy Horse - look for Bunny
Gordon Biersch - thin crust pizza + beer = yum
Golden Boy Pizza, North Beach - best pizza squares, open late night
Poleng Lounge
Mighty
Taqueria El Sol - killer Chimichangas
Apple Store - free Internet
Old Navy, Market and 4th - cheap decent clothes, wide selection
AT&T Park
Ride the bart and watch a Warriors game
Different art galleries near Union Square
Cable car ride
Lombard St
Huf, Shiekh, First Step, Nike Town - all within a few blocks from Union Square
Haight St - more shops
Japantown - Fatlace. Make sure you also check out the mall. It doesn't look much from the outside but once you go inside, you'll see a variety of shopsand restos. Try Sophie's Crepes, Kinokuniya Bldg.
Little Italy - nice place to chill and enjoy a bottle of good wine after dinner

Originally Posted by OL WHOADIE BASTARD

^plan on going to the golden gate bridge and downtown SF

what's at the pier and oakland?

Pier 39 ,where all the sea lions are and stuff, they got an Aquarium, some stores and stuff. Theres nothing in Oakland, it was just a joke
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom