*_Anyone been to a N.E.R.D concert?_*

Me and my boy are going to a NERD concert today and I was wondering what should I expect? First and foremost, I'm a huge fan of Neptunes production.Without of doubt I consider their material some of the best I ever heard. Though I've never really got around to listen to their albums. I've alwayswanted to give it a spin but never got a chance to do so. I've heard a handful of tracks from them that I enjoyed a whole lot (especially since itsdifferent) but besides that, I don't know much about em' so I'm pretty sure it'll be an interesting night. I'm very hyped about it. Hasanyone been to one?

Nope but I'm going this month. I was curious about their live show as well so be sure to come back w/a full report.

I went to one awhile ago(Black eye peas was the opener:wow:) and the show was alright but no chad though when I went

Yea I'm a 100 % positive Chad will be there. I have to wait until the GITD tour since they aren't doing a solo tour here in Cali until the Fall.

i saw N.E.R.D. around the time In Search Of...(still listen to it on regular basis, amazing CD production wise) was released and they performed an amazingshow. i like the fact that the "Everybody Nose" song sounds like In Search Of...material instead of Fly or Die material.

I saw them with The Roots and Talib Kweli

AMAZING SHOW
They're gonna kill it, it'll be more rock than I think you're expecting, but nonetheless these dudes jam out. Fam-Lay made an appearance when I sawthem and did Rock N Roll
eek.gif

Yeah it'll be sick, take some pics

Man, I was going to make this exact same thread. Their coming to a venue in NC, and I was thinking about trying to go. Please post info about the show wheneveryou get a chance.

^ Yea, they're gonna be in Asheville, I'm going to that joint. Their also going to the HOB in Myrtle Beach. They're shows = Dopeness. Saw them openfor Jay-Z in 03 and saw them again the following year. They put on a great show, the lighting's dope and it's a lot of energy. Chad was not there bothtimes.
frown.gif

What an amazing show! Wow! I recommend anyone even considering going to go without hesitation. Lucky for me, my brother knew some dude and we got in for $10each. But yeah, the concert was amazing. The fact that it was a live band made it 10x's better. Yes, they were both there though Chad mostly did his thingon the keys while Shay and Pharrell held the performance down. Seriously, these dudes were hyped! They had the crowd going nuts. Crazy thing is, Pharrelldragged my brother on stage and he got a chance to do dance with these dudes. The entire time I was like...
eek.gif
. I couldn't believe he dragged him up there for that track
laugh.gif
. He did that to a few fans for every other track. My only problem is thatpeople started pushing way too much and it got to a point where me and everyone next to me where pushing people away. Besides that, it was seriously one of thebest concerts I've been to. I was truly Loving all the their tracks (first time hearing them) especially one bout a him and a girl going to the sun andnever coming back. I'll eventually find out the name, I'll probably purchase 'In search of...' tomorrow. I'll have pictures up tomorrowafternoon.

Thats dope my dude. Glad u had a good time, and I already know ur talking about "Run To The Sun."
pimp.gif

Pharrell dragged my brother on stage and he got a chance to do dance with these dudes.
============
roll.gif

Thanks for the report back though.

Visualmusic- I was at that concert last night.. Which one was your brother? That concert was pretty cool bc pharrell bringin a lot of people to the stage andnot being snobby!!

I'm glad that you enjoyed the show. I was fortunate to see them twice(both Sprite Liquid Mix Tours) and they tore it down!! The first one I went to Iwasn't even going to see them(Jay-Z was headlining and the Roots was there also), but they caught me by suprise because I didn't know what to expect.Just the energy from both the band and the crowd makes you move. I did my first crowd surf and everything!!
laugh.gif

I still wear my N.E.R.D. trucker hat with the glowing brain...
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Eclectic E

Thats dope my dude. Glad u had a good time, and I already know ur talking about "Run To The Sun."
pimp.gif

Thanks man.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by johngotty

Pharrell dragged my brother on stage and he got a chance to do dance with these dudes.
============
roll.gif

Thanks for the report back though.

laugh.gif
....Yeah man, no problem. Def go if you get the chance though, itsseriously worth it.
Kay...he was the first one to go up. The one who had the white bape hoody and zippered it up entirely,
laugh.gif

I did my first crowd surf and everything!!
You crazy man,
laugh.gif
. I can't ever imagine doing something like that. With my luck, everyone would just move aside.

Damn Visual, you got me extra hype for Wednesday
laugh.gif
I am going to see these dudes at the House of Blues in Cleveland. I missed out on the Sprite tour a fewyears back, so I couldn't miss this chance. I have a few questions though, I plan to get there like super early, and leave like mad late. Did these dudesstick around at the end for autographs and convo? I imagine it had to be packed, so I dunno if dudes were just waiting in line or whatever. Anyways, I am gladyou had a good time. They are are my favorite group that has anything to do with music period, and that def. tells me something if you have not listened totheir CDs and still had a crazy time. Hopefully I'll post pics and whatever after the concert, prob. like thursday.

They still rocking with the love band? I haven't seen them live since IN SEARCH OF..."

Still Spymob?

Visual Gib's your bro that what up. I was in there
RI Stand up!!!
I had on the Infrared 6's on last night if any of yall saw me.
That show as too crazy though. I gotta go the the Glow in the Dark joint now.

I was truly Loving all the their tracks (first time hearing them) especially one bout a him and a girl going to the sun and never coming back.

its called "Run To The Sun"...song is piff, album is piff, damn i wish they would come to florida

Ooo iight!!! Visual music I thought ur bro was on something.. He was going bonkers haahhaha!! But it was a cool concert!!! RI STAND UP

Yeah, Gibran is my brother. And yes, he did look like he was on something,
laugh.gif
. I think he was just shocked to be up there since he was the first one, he didn't know Pharrell did that through out the concert. We actuallythought he was going to stay up there the entire time, he got comfortable and everything dancing his way around the stage (
roll.gif
) until I saw Pharrell smerk and give the security the signals to take him down,
laugh.gif
. Funny thing was, at first, he was refusing to go down
laugh.gif
As for the Spymob question...na, they wasn't there.

Damn Visual, you got me extra hype for Wednesday
laugh.gif
I am going to see these dudes at the House of Blues in Cleveland. I missed out on the Sprite tour a few years back, so I couldn't miss this chance. I have a few questions though, I plan to get there like super early, and leave like mad late. Did these dudes stick around at the end for autographs and convo? I imagine it had to be packed, so I dunno if dudes were just waiting in line or whatever. Anyways, I am glad you had a good time. They are are my favorite group that has anything to do with music period, and that def. tells me something if you have not listened to their CDs and still had a crazy time. Hopefully I'll post pics and whatever after the concert, prob. like thursday.
Unfortunately, they didn't stay after to sign autorgraphs. Sucks, cause I was hoping to get one from all three of them. I was also hoping fora chance to converse with them but I really didn't think it was going to happen. The only time I got a chance to speak to the artist and get autographsafter the concert was when Clipse came down here....
smokin.gif
. And yeah man, Idid have an awesome time even without knowing their material. I purchased 'In Search Of...' today, I am looking forward to hearing it.....On to thepictures!

Saw them live in 2004, they actually put on a great show like Dingle said it was more Rock based but easily one of my favourite shows.

Nice pics jigga, do you know if they did any songs besides the ones on their first two albums?
And yeah Q I thought it was gonna be more hip-hop as well, but they ROCKED, this was before FOD dropped so I was geeked when they did Thrasher

Good to see the 3 of them performing together
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom