*_Has anyone benefitted from stores closing down in your area?_*

I stopped in Hollywood video today looking for some games when I was informed they were closing down on Monday
smh.gif
Its the last one around my way, which sucks cause I hate Blockbuster
smh.gif
. Anyways, when I was leaving, the guy informed me how they're selling all the gamesand DVDs in the store for a few dollars. I was able to purchase [all used and in great condition]:

Pineapple Express
Watchmen
I Love You, Man
Frost/Nixon
Milk
Coraline
Monster's Ball
Observe and Report
Saint Row's 2 [PS3]
WarioWare: Smooth Moves [Wii]

..for $50
eek.gif
smokin.gif
. Which is pretty damn awesome cause that WarioWare alone is going pretty high when I searched ebay. So has anyone else found great dealsaround their way?

no...by the time i get to those places the good stuff is gone and i dont' pick through messy stores...

not really a store but my dude is turning himself in for some domestic violence junk and he needs money asap so I got an 8th of good, a bong, a logitec harmonyuniversal remote and laptop speakers for 65 bucks
pimp.gif

There's a Blockbuster that is closing down by me but the prices are still not as good as the Blockbuster up the road that is still in business and usuallyhas 4 for $20 on used movies.

No, because I havent had money to take advantage of these deals since my store went out of business.
mad.gif

Circuit City.... got a 360 Arcade for $120 and flipped it......... Wireless Adapter for $40
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 18key

No, because I havent had money to take advantage of these deals since my store went out of business.
mad.gif

I'm curious, what kind of store were you running? Care to share the story?

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

I stopped in Hollywood video today looking for some games when I was informed they were closing down on Monday
smh.gif
Its the last one around my way, which sucks cause I hate Blockbuster
smh.gif
. Anyways, when I was leaving, the guy informed me how they're selling all the games and DVDs in the store for a few dollars. I was able to purchase [all used and in great condition]:

Pineapple Express
Watchmen
I Love You, Man
Frost/Nixon
Milk
Coraline
Monster's Ball
Observe and Report
Saint Row's 2 [PS3]
WarioWare: Smooth Moves [Wii]

..for $50
eek.gif
smokin.gif
. Which is pretty damn awesome cause that WarioWare alone is going pretty high when I searched ebay. So has anyone else found great deals around their way?

Observe and Reports = funniest movie of the year

No liquidation is a mind game prices are still too high

Right now Borders, Blockbuster, and FYE are closing and there aren't any worth while deals

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Originally Posted by 18key

mad.gif

I'm curious, what kind of store were you running? Care to share the story?
Well I wasn't running the store, I just worked there. But it was a sports/outdoors chain here in the NW. Joes Sports (used to be G.I. Joes) ifyou've heard of it.

The person who bought the company a few years ago took out a $10 mil. loan to expand the company into Idaho/California, and when 'Penis' Sports movedout here it pretty much screwed the company because there was no chance to compete in those states.

Sorry to hear that 18Keys. Sucks when those big stores move into your area.

And yes, Observe and Report is one of the years funniest movies.

The F.Y.E. around my way is closing soon, and has been steadily increasing the markdowns. Right now, all Blu Rays and DVDs are 40% off. Games are like 30% to50% off. They're even selling all the fixtures and racks in the store. I don't know when they are closing for good, but I'd like to see thosemarkdowns hit the 70% range.

Damn. That's nice! I should see if any of them around my way are closing. 50% video games sounds pretty good as of right now.

circuit city closed down and i bought a bunch of cable wires for dirt cheap

Hey, here in Orlando, Craig's List often lists store closings ahead of time so you can plan ahead! Check it out.

Back
Top Bottom