_lets talk economics... (macro + micro) school related

is it a bad idea to take macro and micro econ in the same semester?

were these classes hard for you guys?

I'm taking micro right now and its not to hard to follow. I'm not taking macro until next semester though.

i'm studying for my macro final right now... and i find that macro is easier to grasp then micro.

i took both at once and it wasn't hard at all. the first 1\3 of both courses are basically the same.

if it matters, i ended up getting a B and B+ (micro and macro respectively) overall.

^^ I would not take them in one Semester cuz most classes like that require a lot of reading and understading. you may confuse the concepts

take them the same time... there's no real concepts to confuse, if anything, one will help you with the other.

I'm glad I graduated last year haha. I took Macro before Micro, but whichever one you take, it will help you understand the other. I would recommend takingMacro first though because it will give you a chance to understand some of the broader concepts of economics, and provide a solid foundation from which you candive into some more complex and detailed theories and concepts. Economics is a great choice as a major, so congratulations. You will be able to apply theknowledge you gain to just about any subject or topic that comes up in the real world. And the options for work/grad school are essentially limitless, outsideof hard sciences/medicine and engineering. Good Luck.

a lot of the concepts are the same so it might benefit you to take macro first so you already know a lot of the stuff for mirco already; but i dont thinktaking them both at the same time would be to difficult.

I would never take them in the same semester. My school required me to take micro first, which wasn't that tough.

I'm taking macro right now and it's the hardest econ class i've taken so far. Studied for 4 days for my macro test last week and only got a 74.

Up to you though, go for it if you want.

Originally Posted by mjbetch

is it a bad idea to take macro and micro econ in the same semester?

were these classes hard for you guys?

took both in the same semester and was fine . but then again i love econ and its my major

I took Micro last semester and Macro now. Class is not that hard. Its not like Accounting or anything like that.

In my first year I took Macro then Micro, my grade in Micro was much better but neither was particularly difficult.

Back
Top Bottom