A Concise History of Black-White Race Relations in the U.S.

Jamaica definitely has sturdy primary/secondary education. Can't speak on tertiary, never experienced it.

He said the US was the only country to have free labor in their own backyard. Clearly the US wasn't. I was just making a point that other countries did. Thank you for your 2 cents.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by kix4kix

^ I don't agree with my father if that is what you are asking, I don't think I am better than anyone. I will say this though, if I was still in Jamaica I would have received a far better education, that is for sure.

Although obviously a generalization, american blacks have it far harder than any other "black" sub category. Whether that be immigrants from Africa, or any other Caribbean nation.
The reasons vary, I find the biggest one to be psychological.
British Education > American.
i guess. i dont see the jamaican education system being better than america's but thats your opinion.
The Jamaican School system is way beyond that of any urban school system in the US andCanada....an outsider wouldn't think so but I can attest for this. As for the University system we don't have the resources (money) to compete with theUS system, but our students would fare much better than your average student, if given the opportunity to do so

and for the Jamaican slaves...I do not know what occurred during these times, but from what mymother has told me (her grandmother was a slave), the country was run by the British and the slaves were treated much better than those "free" blackmen and women in southern states.

Back
Top Bottom