A couple questions about Levi 514 Jeans

Just picked up a few pairs of Levi 514 jeans from the Macy's sale, and they fit perfect. Only problem is I noticed it says 100% cotton, and nothing about being pre-washed (hoping they are). So...

1. Do they shrink when you wash them, and if so, how bad? Do you guys normally buy a size up because of this?
2. Always wondered about the proper length of jeans. Should the jean be barely touching the ground when wearing them without any shoes, or is that too short?... how do you go about measuring them?

Thanks!

Just picked up a few pairs of Levi 514 jeans from the Macy's sale, and they fit perfect. Only problem is I noticed it says 100% cotton, and nothing about being pre-washed (hoping they are). So...

1. Do they shrink when you wash them, and if so, how bad? Do you guys normally buy a size up because of this?
2. Always wondered about the proper length of jeans. Should the jean be barely touching the ground when wearing them without any shoes, or is that too short?... how do you go about measuring them?

Thanks!

As far as length goes, it all goes about personally preference. Try them on with a few different pairs of shoes/boots/sneakers and see how you like them. You can wear a longer length to have them stacked, or have a light break to no break.

As far as length goes, it all goes about personally preference. Try them on with a few different pairs of shoes/boots/sneakers and see how you like them. You can wear a longer length to have them stacked, or have a light break to no break.

Originally Posted by philly035

Thanks!

1. Why do people always state that washing clothes shrinks them? If anything, its the drying that shrinks them. The only way clothes shrink in hot water is if they're made of animal fiber... which cotton is not. Washing them cold and air-drying them is your best bet to keeping them "like new".

2. You should have seen the length measurement when you bought the jeans (either on that little rubber adhesive that they put on one of the legs, or in the measuerment inside the jeans). This is a matter of preference, but obviously the baggier the jeans are to begin with, the shorter the length you'd want to get the "true fit" of the jeans. 

Thanks!

1. Why do people always state that washing clothes shrinks them? If anything, its the drying that shrinks them. The only way clothes shrink in hot water is if they're made of animal fiber... which cotton is not. Washing them cold and air-drying them is your best bet to keeping them "like new".

2. You should have seen the length measurement when you bought the jeans (either on that little rubber adhesive that they put on one of the legs, or in the measuerment inside the jeans). This is a matter of preference, but obviously the baggier the jeans are to begin with, the shorter the length you'd want to get the "true fit" of the jeans. 

no need I have about 6 pairs that ive for well over 6 months and there fine your good to go

no need I have about 6 pairs that ive for well over 6 months and there fine your good to go

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Thanks!

but i always hot soak raw denim to get out the shrinkage.. and they do shrink

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Thanks!

but i always hot soak raw denim to get out the shrinkage.. and they do shrink

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Hmm! this reminds me.. I needa wash my skinny 514's..

Skinny's >>>> Anythin' else...

No such thing.
514 = slim fit.
511 = skinny.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Hmm! this reminds me.. I needa wash my skinny 514's..

Skinny's >>>> Anythin' else...

No such thing.
514 = slim fit.
511 = skinny.

Back
Top Bottom