A faulty brake job caused me to run into a brick wall, sue? (new pics)

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

im pretty sure that if you hit that at 40 the engine would've been in your lap... new vehicles such as yours have "crumple zones" that when you have front end damage will collapse the front bumper and fenders... if you were going even 20 mph it would have absolutely mangled the front end of your vehicle... not saying the whole story is lies, just that 40 mph is an exaggeration!
Already admitted that, the official police report has 25 on it. It's an 05 too, not really that new and I didn't catch the wall straighton, hence the damage being concentrated on the driver's side. If this topic is up hwen I get more pics, I'll post them. But yea, it didn't evenshatter the headlights either which surprised me.

He already said he was going 40 when the brakes went out... not when he hit the wall..
eyes.gif

Collect son... throw yourself on the floor and scream about your neck and back and all that
laugh.gif

Glad you're okay though.

ehh idk about this one... it seems logical for you to sue, but these days u dont want that on your record, future employers keep track of Sue-ers, and whatsmore is your gunna get wrapped up in a legal battle with a corporation who will drain your time and effort, and youre never guaranteed to win your case. id sayjust let ur insurance handle it and avoid that place next time around.

^ It's a local shop, not like Midas or anybody. And yea I agree, I don't want the trouble of suing, but so far it seems like they're not going tojust do the right thing, even though they had admitted their fault.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

^ It's a local shop, not like Midas or anybody. And yea I agree, I don't want the trouble of suing, but so far it seems like they're not going to just do the right thing, even though they had admitted their fault.
laugh.gif
at that shop not taking the opportunity to amends with you by giving you a refund and paying to repair the car. since you're willing tomake do with just calling it even stevens but THEY'RE not willing, do yourself a favor and hire a lawyer and get that paper.

^ for a second while I add some more pics I took of the scene today, just so you can see what I had to work with in terms of making a split second decision

33z2qhj.jpg

I didn't get to go see the car at the dealership but here's the pic I got on my way back onpost today. Here is a look at Ft Sill Blvd (Scott) Gate fromthe opposite side of the road. That little building is where the Gate Guards are in and the cones are where you have to stop to show them your credentials topass onto Ft Sill. You can also see in this photo the cannon I almost hit (and that would've been ugly).

2d7u5n7.jpg

This is approximately the point I realized my brakes had no traction. As you can see, it's a bridge over Roger's Lane and you have merging trafficright there from Eastbound Roger's Lane and at the end of the bridge merging traffic from Westbound Roger's Lane and the merge lane ends there. Theline of cars on both lanes was about to the road signs right there and I was in the slow lane, swerved around to the right on the short shoulder as there wasonly a few cars merging off the Eastbound, hit the curb around them still to their right while somehow avoiding hitting that guard rail, and eventually ontothe embankment and into the sign. This pic, taken on my phone, makes it look like it's a long ways, but it's really not.

2rr1a4n.jpg

This is approximately what my path would have looked like.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

did you pull the ebrake?
yea, kind of late into the skid, like right before I hopped up onto the grass. It didn't seem like it did anything, seemed like it just addedto the continued screeching I was getting from trying to downshift at speed which was the first thing I tried.

i dont mean to completely ignore your issue, but

13B
pimp.gif

i got back from fort sill on the first of november...just reported to my unit today, actually.

Back
Top Bottom