A great idea has never made a single dollar. VOL. What?

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

A Netflix/Kindle type of subscription for college textbooks where you can just stream the pages to a computer/tablet for a small monthly fee.

There's already sites like this, similar to Netflix for textbooks.  If only this was in existance when I was still in school.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

A Netflix/Kindle type of subscription for college textbooks where you can just stream the pages to a computer/tablet for a small monthly fee.

There's already sites like this, similar to Netflix for textbooks.  If only this was in existance when I was still in school.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

When I was a kid I cut two holes in a blanket so I could have it over me but still be able to play my Dreamcast or work the remote. 
My reaction to the first Snuggie commercial:

7081674fe2a6732ab17eae81a91f5e9457eef9c4.gif
Reply+Gif combo got me
roll.gif
roll.gif

WORD im in the comp lab trying not to lol
roll.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

When I was a kid I cut two holes in a blanket so I could have it over me but still be able to play my Dreamcast or work the remote. 

Reply+Gif combo got me
roll.gif
roll.gif

WORD im in the comp lab trying not to lol
roll.gif

well some of my female coworkers, wanted a bra that massages the breasts for when they have their periods. maybe even provide a little warming in the pads also.

well some of my female coworkers, wanted a bra that massages the breasts for when they have their periods. maybe even provide a little warming in the pads also.

roll.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Excavation ain't cheap. Would it be that much cheaper than building a 3rd floor or just adding square footage to the existing floor plan? 
Just seems there are easier ways to add square footage than adding a second floor underground. 
I suppose it would really need a cost analysis. 
All I know is that raw land is hyper-inflated in price, therefore developers/builders are putting the biggest sized homes on the smallest sized lots possible. When someone buys a house they pay per sqf of living area, however, the land cost is also in that price. 

I need to identify a solution to the dying need for more sqf on the same sized plot of land. 
ohwell.gif

There's a basketball arena out in New Mexico, nicknamed "The Pit". Roof was built first, then dirt excavated out. Cost effective x 1000. I'm not sure how that translates into homes. Lots of underground facilities stay at constant temperatures too. No need for heat or A/C.  I would really stay on top of that idea

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Excavation ain't cheap. Would it be that much cheaper than building a 3rd floor or just adding square footage to the existing floor plan? 
Just seems there are easier ways to add square footage than adding a second floor underground. 
I suppose it would really need a cost analysis. 
All I know is that raw land is hyper-inflated in price, therefore developers/builders are putting the biggest sized homes on the smallest sized lots possible. When someone buys a house they pay per sqf of living area, however, the land cost is also in that price. 

I need to identify a solution to the dying need for more sqf on the same sized plot of land. 
ohwell.gif

There's a basketball arena out in New Mexico, nicknamed "The Pit". Roof was built first, then dirt excavated out. Cost effective x 1000. I'm not sure how that translates into homes. Lots of underground facilities stay at constant temperatures too. No need for heat or A/C.  I would really stay on top of that idea

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Front-facing camera for cell phones via micro-usb port or bluetooth.

We already have the technology, make it happen.

I had a cell phone in like 04 with a front facing camera, and the iPhone I have now does too. Unless you're talking about something else.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Front-facing camera for cell phones via micro-usb port or bluetooth.

We already have the technology, make it happen.

I had a cell phone in like 04 with a front facing camera, and the iPhone I have now does too. Unless you're talking about something else.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

i would love to see an in depth documentary on the process of getting the ball rolling with an idea or invention. From the moment it popped into their head up until they got their first royalty check. I've had tons of ideas but don't know what to do with them. Even if I thought of something right now, I would be clueless as where to start. Some items take off like crazy and I never expect it, the snuggy for one. There's NO way that those were the first blankets with sleeves. It's basically a pullover robe.

I was watching the forbes list the other day about people that got rich off of certain inventions. One was the guy who invented the jelly bracelets that are shaped like random objects. Who knew son would eat good off of that.
There are A LOT of great ideas in here. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It really depends on WHAT your idea is. For instance, if your idea is a commodity that requires manufacturing, distribution, etc (retail items like the snuggie) all you really need to do is get a prototype produced, protect it via patents/copyrights, and simply sell the idea to someone. From there they can provide the financing needed to create/ship/sell xxxx units (and take their % of course), or even BUY your idea/patent from you and they can do the leg work. Word to silent velcro 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Anyways, there are a million way to do this on a smaller scale and simple wait upon your products social tipping point. The best way? Well after you get your patent/prototype, organize a "drop shipping" manufacturing agreement with a chinese distributor. Essentially, someone can buy your product off your website (or even amazon) and when they pay for it via Yahoo shopping carts or whatever, their shipping info is submitted to your chinese distributor and they send the product directly to the customer... The customer has their product and you have your money... but you didn't lift a finger
pimp.gif

I'm telling you guys you CAN do it. the snuggie wasn't the first blanket with arms.. it was the first to be successfully pursued and marketed. I bet they started the same way, advertising for pennies on side bars of websites or in magazines and eventually sold enough via their website to be taken as a serious product to walmart and target.

TAKE A CHANCE PEOPLE
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

i would love to see an in depth documentary on the process of getting the ball rolling with an idea or invention. From the moment it popped into their head up until they got their first royalty check. I've had tons of ideas but don't know what to do with them. Even if I thought of something right now, I would be clueless as where to start. Some items take off like crazy and I never expect it, the snuggy for one. There's NO way that those were the first blankets with sleeves. It's basically a pullover robe.

I was watching the forbes list the other day about people that got rich off of certain inventions. One was the guy who invented the jelly bracelets that are shaped like random objects. Who knew son would eat good off of that.
There are A LOT of great ideas in here. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It really depends on WHAT your idea is. For instance, if your idea is a commodity that requires manufacturing, distribution, etc (retail items like the snuggie) all you really need to do is get a prototype produced, protect it via patents/copyrights, and simply sell the idea to someone. From there they can provide the financing needed to create/ship/sell xxxx units (and take their % of course), or even BUY your idea/patent from you and they can do the leg work. Word to silent velcro 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Anyways, there are a million way to do this on a smaller scale and simple wait upon your products social tipping point. The best way? Well after you get your patent/prototype, organize a "drop shipping" manufacturing agreement with a chinese distributor. Essentially, someone can buy your product off your website (or even amazon) and when they pay for it via Yahoo shopping carts or whatever, their shipping info is submitted to your chinese distributor and they send the product directly to the customer... The customer has their product and you have your money... but you didn't lift a finger
pimp.gif

I'm telling you guys you CAN do it. the snuggie wasn't the first blanket with arms.. it was the first to be successfully pursued and marketed. I bet they started the same way, advertising for pennies on side bars of websites or in magazines and eventually sold enough via their website to be taken as a serious product to walmart and target.

TAKE A CHANCE PEOPLE
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I posted it before on NT:

I want a car phone that allows you to directly call other cars to their car phone via License plate number.

Yes i know it would be abused. But maybe only put it in one special car (apple make a car) and then when you see another one on the road you can see thier license plate call and just chat. I am in traffic a lot driving 60 miles to work each day. I see a lot of people in traffic doing dumb things. Some times i just want to call them and see whats up.

Idea 2:

A paper lunch bag lined with a paper towel. As a kid i always forgot a napkin and whenever i spilled something i always tried to wipe it up with my lunch bag. Which never worked. So either a lunch bag made of an absorbent material. Or just line the inside with a paper towel.
Both of these are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You could sell your product as an individual product under your own brand, or even have dual-brand rights with a company (sony. etc) and have them sold at walmart and bestbuy. Then you could pen a deal with Ford/GM/Chrysler and have every new car installed with your product (word to Sirius/XM).
I always have "missed connections" with hotties in Mazda 3s and I know they'd want to get at me. Or that off chance you accidentally cut someone off.... call them to give them a heads up and apologize.

Maybe you could set it up to be text message only since people are too nervous to talk person to person 
laugh.gif
. I love this idea!

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I posted it before on NT:

I want a car phone that allows you to directly call other cars to their car phone via License plate number.

Yes i know it would be abused. But maybe only put it in one special car (apple make a car) and then when you see another one on the road you can see thier license plate call and just chat. I am in traffic a lot driving 60 miles to work each day. I see a lot of people in traffic doing dumb things. Some times i just want to call them and see whats up.

Idea 2:

A paper lunch bag lined with a paper towel. As a kid i always forgot a napkin and whenever i spilled something i always tried to wipe it up with my lunch bag. Which never worked. So either a lunch bag made of an absorbent material. Or just line the inside with a paper towel.
Both of these are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You could sell your product as an individual product under your own brand, or even have dual-brand rights with a company (sony. etc) and have them sold at walmart and bestbuy. Then you could pen a deal with Ford/GM/Chrysler and have every new car installed with your product (word to Sirius/XM).
I always have "missed connections" with hotties in Mazda 3s and I know they'd want to get at me. Or that off chance you accidentally cut someone off.... call them to give them a heads up and apologize.

Maybe you could set it up to be text message only since people are too nervous to talk person to person 
laugh.gif
. I love this idea!

It's basically impossible to INVENT something right now, you'll only be innovating..

It's basically impossible to INVENT something right now, you'll only be innovating..

I bet haters said the same thing in 1910

Tell me that same statement in 100 years and see how far we've come.

Obviously your inventions won't be replacing the wheel, but more people need to work towards the future. If everyone continues to doubt we'll be at a standstill in humanity.

Back
Top Bottom