A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

I've been out of touch recently so can't speak on this particular release but this is incorrect for the releases prior to this one. The 1-4 100% came out of Charlotte if you copped on their site. If you copped on snkrs, that's Nike. AMM has their own stock on their releases though.

My air ships purchased from AMM were drop shipped from greenwood (nike)

It’s how the releases this year have worked for me and others. 12’s and Airships came from Indianapolis Nike. Airship restock came from Indy as well.

What I suspect happened was a plan to push AMM collabs as GRs this year across 5 shoes and TWG can bank a lot of shipping money and Nike gets 3 SNKRS releases out of it. For the pairs they ship out of their stores they’re still making $9-$10 shipping in such high volume via FedEx.
My air ships purchased from AMM were drop shipped from greenwood (nike)
Ahh, wasn't aware. The process must have changed in the last year. When they used to do in store lists and all that, for the 3, 1, and 4, those were definitely shipped from Charlotte bc it was a huge pain for them. I assume it got to be too much but idk, I'm not as active with it all as I used to be.

I think their production numbers this year dwarf the 1-4 numbers. I could be wrong about that but between the raffle system, SNKRS and the amount of low resale 2023 TWG shoes (and the 4 pair Mac attack exclusive partnership), it seems obvious Nike expanded the relationship and put in this “GR collab” model where both companies make metric **** tons of money

I think their production numbers this year dwarf the 1-4 numbers. I could be wrong about that but between the raffle system, SNKRS and the amount of low resale 2023 TWG shoes (and the 4 pair Mac attack exclusive partnership), it seems obvious Nike expanded the relationship and put in this “GR collab” model where both companies make metric **** tons of money

I saw somewhere on X or IG where stock #s have increased significantly each release. So your theory (and others as well) is most likely true about a GR collab

It’s how the releases this year have worked for me and others. 12’s and Airships came from Indianapolis Nike. Airship restock came from Indy as well.

What I suspect happened was a plan to push AMM collabs as GRs this year across 5 shoes and TWG can bank a lot of shipping money and Nike gets 3 SNKRS releases out of it. For the pairs they ship out of their stores they’re still making $9-$10 shipping in such high volume via FedEx.

I don’t know if the shipping is part of the profit strategy or just to meet somewhere in the middle so that the higher cost shipping options are subsidized by the lower cost.

But I definitely think you’re on to something about Nike trying to take the GR approach with collabs. Personally I think it’s a winning strategy on both ends. A lot more recognition for TWG shops which generally are looked on favorably by the sneaker community. Not to mention more access (at a higher price point) to the collab type shoes that Nike clearly puts more effort into then the regular GR stuff that’s drops on a weekly basis.

Whatever this new strategy is, it’s not about instant sell outs any more. Nike doesn’t release the quantities of shoes it’s been releasing for every release to keep things exclusive.

I've been out of touch recently so can't speak on this particular release but this is incorrect for the releases prior to this one. The 1-4 100% came out of Charlotte if you copped on their site. If you copped on snkrs, that's Nike. AMM has their own stock on their releases though.

My Ships and AJ1 Low 85's both shipped out of Indy.

I saw somewhere on X or IG where stock #s have increased significantly each release. So your theory (and others as well) is most likely true about a GR collab
The good news is if you like Whitaker’s design choices you can bank on most of the other models getting a collab in the next 3 years.

IMG_7517.jpeg
Proof AMM doesn’t even manage their collabs. The JB/Nike dummy forgot to change the collection name from Union.

What are we thinking about the Dusks? Should we enter multiple raffles? I’ve entered AMM raffle and really want to complete the set, but not trying to have a double up.

What are we thinking about the Dusks? Should we enter multiple raffles? I’ve entered AMM raffle and really want to complete the set, but not trying to have a double up.
There’s only adult sizing on these and they’re supposedly exclusive to AMM. But as the screenshot above shows it’s just a Nike storefront some schmuck updates from Union to AMM.

I tend to think they want to move as many of these as they can over 2 weeks and won’t be surprised if the dusk pair still gets a SNKRS release. They clearly killed sizes today that weren’t sold out to move to SNKRS. Maybe they just let it ride on the second pair and leave the website up until they’re gone

IMG_7517.jpeg
Proof AMM doesn’t even manage their collabs. The JB/Nike dummy forgot to change the collection name from Union.
i guess that kills the narrative of “the small business needs to cover bot fees so they are adding on $6 fee” you telling me nike a billion dollar company can’t spare a few data scientists to code out a raffle system for the release smh

Back
Top Bottom