A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

Serious question, why do you hate all things Whitaker Group so much? **** is weird and has been going for multiple releases. I don't understand why you even come to these threads. Are you a bitter ex-employee? I don't get it.
don’t understand now

Why don't they just hire that person that can move them for the $200 retail instead of selling them at a discount only for them to sell it for retail?
That person can only sell them bc they have them a few weeks early. When you see pairs for under retail on stockx a week before release, where exactly did you think that stock was coming from?

That person can only sell them bc they have them a few weeks early. When you see pairs for under retail on stockx a week before release, where exactly did you think that stock was coming from?
If that was the case, I figured they would cut the middle man out and just post it up directly on StockX or Goat like Atmos did, no need to get additional people involved.

If that was the case, I figured they would cut the middle man out and just post it up directly on StockX or Goat like Atmos did, no need to get additional people involved.
Easier to move 500 at a time than 500 individual sales. For a long time there was concern about what info Stockx was giving to Nike/Adidas too, not sure if that's still the case.

Nope, not a bitter employee they don’t pay their employees enough. As someone who lives in a small market city like Charlotte we have one TZ account with bots running crazy our only real shot was standing outside SS and waiting all for the employees to say we got 8 pairs knowing there was tons more to allocate to the customers turn around and ask those same customers to support your charitable work and your seminars of you telling people to stay focused when you were breaking the law to double your profits 😂

Nope, not a bitter employee they don’t pay their employees enough. As someone who lives in a small market city like Charlotte we have one TZ account with bots running crazy our only real shot was standing outside SS and waiting all for the employees to say we got 8 pairs knowing there was tons more to allocate to the customers turn around and ask those same customers to support your charitable work and your seminars of you telling people to stay focused when you were breaking the law to double your profits 😂
I don’t know if you thought I was saying you were the bitter employee, but I was saying there was/is a bitter employee on twitter that’s been going off since the news broke.

What are all these stunts?
Not a stunt but the most basic red flag is how you run a sneaker boutique… err multiple boutiques, and your shipping is consistently 1-2 weeks behind any other I shop with.

Then you promote (rather regularly) some list of company values and your team hits none of them, barely responds for days when a customer tries to get to the bottom of it with them. They botched so many 85 low orders for 2+ weeks they had to overnight them to dozens of customers. And they were in stock!

To top it off you tie your pretend company values to Michael Jordan and tell stories involving those values to sell shoes with Jordan’s likeness on them.

It’s this marketing of values that the brand doesn’t embody in any way that should be the first tip off the whole thing might be a fraud and something is way off.

Never thought about the IRS side of things but if backdooring gr's is cut out, rip to sneaker boutiques. It's not a sustainable business model without it. I guess that's what some people want.

I honestly dont care who “wins” or loses” as long as things are fair to the average normal customer.

Yes, i know backdooring has been around for 20+ years and is/was out of control.

I'll be shocked if it comes out that James knew his China partner was into all of that. If he was, that's really bad. Much more likely he didn't vet the person well enough, still not great. I think it's likely that he didn't vet the person, that person was into some ****, and law tracked back who this guy was doing business with and stumbled upon all of this and now here we are.

Look at all the 85 lows that hit the resell markets before US release. I caught my first pair for 125 (before fees) like a week before the international release.

There have been countless others I've seen this with as well. Too many people are trying to tear down AMM/ TWG without actually understanding that this is kinda how the business works.

I have a feeling I know which resellers they were involved with but I don't wanna put false accusations on anyone.

Not gonna lie tho social status been having preferred customers since the beginning of the take era at least.

Look at all the 85 lows that hit the resell markets before US release. I caught my first pair for 125 (before fees) like a week before the international release.

There have been countless others I've seen this with as well. Too many people are trying to tear down AMM/ TWG without actually understanding that this is kinda how the business works.

I have a feeling I know which resellers they were involved with but I don't wanna put false accusations on anyone.

Not gonna lie tho social status been having preferred customers since the beginning of the take era at least.
Yea a lot of people talking out their *** without knowing how the shoe games work. Seems like James picked the wrong people to move with. Maybe he knew, maybe he didn't care enough to know, but the "HE WAS BACKDOORING!" crowd is just ignorant on how things work.

Hysterical that this happened with a partner that Nike gave such carte blanche to. After all of the collabs they gave him JW repays Nike by backdooring a majority of stock and evading taxes on it. Hard to believe that Nike didn’t have any idea that the backdooring was going on, but certain boutiques always get a pass. I imagine that this will have a significant effect on who Nike sells through moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom