A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

So they were having raffles for limited tier-0 releases and when everyone show up with their W, they’d say sorry we sold out? That’s crazy
No, no one was winning raffles. Maybe they'd put one of each size up so someone could say they won. They were (still are?) doing FCFS on some releases they'd carry at stores. People would be in the first 5-10 and it'd already be a wrap, confusing everyone who showed up when a FSR hadn't even come out. Like why bother if you're going to not have a real release, especially a GR? Well because appearances.

No one was winning raffles for TS1s and that kind of stuff they were getting in huge numbers compared to other T0 accounts. The number I've seen tossed out was 20k pairs of white mochas, so maybe 1/3 of the entire stock for the shoe. Most of those probably ended up with the Chinese reseller from the jump. I think this altered a few limited releases overall simply because of how tight the relationship with Nike was.

If it was someone who didn’t have some kind of relationship/association with James I’d say ok. But at any time anything negative is said, you rush in quick. You may be too close to the situation or too much skin involved 🤷‍♂️.

There could be some things that you are saying that are correct and there maybe something’s trappedintime trappedintime is saying is correct. I know it’s been like that at the AMM and the Social Status here in Houston numerous times over the past couple years. There’s been multiple ppl on this site that have mentioned things like that in other threads. I’ve seen plenty social media posts about stuff like that over the years too.

All that just to say you may not know as much as you think you may know.

*awaits the you don’t really know either comment :lol: *

No one was winning raffles for TS1s and that kind of stuff they were getting in huge numbers compared to other T0 accounts. The number I've seen tossed out was 20k pairs of white mochas, so maybe 1/3 of the entire stock for the shoe. Most of those probably ended up with the Chinese reseller from the jump. I think this altered a few limited releases overall simply because of how tight the relationship with Nike was.
Wait you think TWG was getting 20k pairs of TS1? Good lord you're goofy.

:rofl:

If it was someone who didn’t have some kind of relationship/association with James I’d say ok. But at any time anything negative is said, you rush in quick. You may be too close to the situation or too much skin involved 🤷‍♂️.

There could be some things that you are saying that are correct and there maybe something’s trappedintime trappedintime is saying is correct. I know it’s been like that at the AMM and the Social Status here in Houston numerous times over the past couple years. There’s been multiple ppl on this site that have mentioned things like that in other threads. I’ve seen plenty social media posts about stuff like that over the years too.

All that just to say you may not know as much as you think you may know.

*awaits the you don’t really know either comment :lol: *
I mean come on man dude is claiming TWG gor 1/3 of all pairs of TS1 created. Stop and think of how absurd that is.

I’m not speaking in regards to that.
The culprit for most of that is them splitting stock over all their stores bc APB isn't tier 0 so they had to take stock from AMM to cover those. SS didnt get stock for all releases either. So if it was an OW release, they got stock for AMM and divided it up. I get why it rubbed some people the wrong way. And yea some managers absolutely backdoor for profit or for friends. That will always happen everywhere. You can disregard what I'm saying and think he was selling 20k pairs of TS1 to China if you want though.

Eql was charging fees before this release, from other boutiques. They only charge you if you win…. No reason to act like eql was at fault other than charging a fee, that we as consumers don’t want to pay.

Blah blah blah 5-15 businesses days, I know, I know… kinda trash that I won via eql which was before discord raffle, and some discord Ws have pairs in hand, and I don’t even have tracking yet.

Do you know off the top of your head which recent release or shop that ran EQL raffle was charging fees? Genuinely curious because I really have been signing up EQL raffles since the beginning of time and since it’s not a rush to enter, I always look at the final cost and breakdown and have not seen a EQL fee before the Dawn/Dusk.

Even some recent raffles I’m entering right now doesn’t have an EQL fee. Entered a few April Dunk Sb eql raffles and no fee and this April Dunk SB release is after the Dawn/Dusk release. Not sure why it was just AMM & Co. that started this EQL fee and kinda the first time the news broke out and everyone was up in arms about it, because I genuinely also thought it wasn’t until this Dawn/Dusk release was when they started charging a fee.

Do you know off the top of your head which recent release or shop that ran EQL raffle was charging fees? Genuinely curious because I really have been signing up EQL raffles since the beginning of time and since it’s not a rush to enter, I always look at the final cost and breakdown and have not seen a EQL fee before the Dawn/Dusk.

Even some recent raffles I’m entering right now doesn’t have an EQL fee. Entered a few April Dunk Sb eql raffles and no fee and this April Dunk SB release is after the Dawn/Dusk release. Not sure why it was just AMM & Co. that started this EQL fee and kinda the first time the news broke out and everyone was up in arms about it, because I genuinely also thought it wasn’t until this Dawn/Dusk release was when they started charging a fee.
Undefeated had a fee earlier this year for an SB, (forgot which one) and also for the Aprils. Undefeated is the only boutique (eql charging the fee, not undefeated) I recall having it.

what are you talking about - the feds report literally says the shoes they were selling to China to fund gangs and hookers were limited - they weren't GRs

I wouldn’t expect the feds to know the difference between a limited shoe and a GR. Especially when in the context of shoes in general, even a GR Jordan shoe is limited compared to other brands of shoes that never go out of production and yet produced all year round.

Averages ~6M a year. That would be 40k GR pairs at 150 each. Maybe toss in some clothing and it’s only 35k pairs. Any way you cut it that seems like a very high number. Guess it’s possible the volume in large shipments back to China raised eyebrows.

I wouldn’t expect the feds to know the difference between a limited shoe and a GR. Especially when in the context of shoes in general, even a GR Jordan shoe is limited compared to other brands of shoes that never go out of production and yet produced all year round.
Trust & believe the feds did their research also how much funding are they going to get from buying GR sneaks in the current market??? :rofl: Well maybe if they hold on to them for 5-6yrs!!!

Just got the Dusk W from SS. Verified in store at the CLT location. Still waiting for them to ship the Dawn pair.

what are you talking about - the feds report literally says the shoes they were selling to China to fund gangs and hookers were limited - they weren't GRs
Yes, the Jordans/Nike being sold were mostly gr. I'd have to go back and read the whole report again but I believe it only referred to limited when referring to what TWG sells. In the body of the report it just said they sold them apparel. It was mostly gr Jordans with some Yeezy mixed in. That's from someone that would definitely know and has no reason to lie. Feel free to believe what you want though.

So just like Nightwing said, .5 down will fit fine, just not as much room, just a perfect almost snug fit, not quite snug for me. Where FR 5s were definitely roomy at tts.

9.5 Zions on the right, 9 Dusk on the left.

Attachments

• IMG_7861.jpeg
    IMG_7861.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_7860.jpeg
    IMG_7860.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 527
Back
Top Bottom