A OFFICIAL HURRICANE THREAD!!! vol. LAURA

Queens and well the 5 boroughs never got hit with a really bad one. Thank god
Just Long Island and parts of upstate ny

Couldn’t imagine what me and my fam would do if one hit us though

Praying for everyone down in the Carolinas I think, I forgot where this one is supposed to hit?

Florida used to this. Northerners stay panicking when they get a cane then again y'all houses not built like ours

Hope you dudes in the path of this storm are taking it serious. From the looks of it, a lot of seasoned weather people are expecting the worst. It’s currently a 477 mile wide storm!

Stack up on water and canned goods if possible

Stay safe out there. Do NOT drive after it hits

I'm hearing Thursday or Friday. Not sure if I will be able to go to work this weekend. I bought two cases of water for the house.

I'm in NC and we are supposed to get a **** load of rain and get hit pretty bad. Got water and stuff stacked up.

Queens and well the 5 boroughs never got hit with a really bad one. Thank god
Just Long Island and parts of upstate ny

Couldn’t imagine what me and my fam would do if one hit us though

Praying for everyone down in the Carolinas I think, I forgot where this one is supposed to hit?

Hurricane Sandy was pretty bad for us NYers

#GodsPlan

Friend told me that her father is in NC. She also has a sister in Roanoke, VA, she instructed her father to drive up to VA or even DC to evacuate NC.

Her Father said: "God will handle it. If it is in his plan for something to happen, it will happen."

People can't possibly be serious when making statements like this.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

My parents live in Charleston and theyre going to ride it out.

I live 2 hours away from the coast and no stores have water

Looks like it turned south. Now SC and GA right in the path of the storm. Already a Cat4. Supposed to land as a CAT 5

I've got a sister in Columbia and she doesn't seem to worried. Of course we grew up here in FL and are seasoned Hurricane vets but still, Florence is looking like a monster right now

Looks like its going to stall just like Harvey did in Houston.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seuhedk.gif

giphy.gif

But seriously, stay safe everyone. I’ve been through a lot of hurricanes in South FL. You can’t be too careful. Find good shelter if you’re in an area that’s going to get hit hard, if your house is made of wood either go to your basement or find a better shelter (concrete block house or structure). Stock up on lots of gas, water and dried goods.

#GodsPlan

Friend told me that her father is in NC. She also has a sister in Roanoke, VA, she instructed her father to drive up to VA or even DC to evacuate NC.

Her Father said: "God will handle it. If it is in his plan for something to happen, it will happen."

People can't possibly be serious when making statements like this.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

You're a real piece of work :smh:

we've had our scares this season in hawaii. hurricane lane didn't really hit us except for the big island. hurrican olivia downgraded to a tropical storm but we're already getting some wind and rain.
i hope florence doesn't hit you guys on the mainland too badly but remember this
in 2012, North Carolina legislators passed a bill that barred policymakers and developers from using up-to-date climate science to plan for rising sea levels on the state’s coast. Now Hurricane Florence threatens to cause a devastating storm surge that could put thousands of lives in danger and cost the state billions of dollars worth of damage.
A panel of scientists on the state Coastal Resources Commission issued a dire warning in March 2010, estimating that the sea levels along the state’s coast would rise 39 inches over the next century. Conservative lawmakers and business interest groups feared the report would hurt lucrative real estate development on the state’s coast and sought to undermine it.
please stay safe and make sure you vote this november.

I live in Wilmington where the hurricane is supposed to land. Praying that it keeps weakening (already weakened to a Category 2) and changes paths slightly.

I live in Wilmington where the hurricane is supposed to land. Praying that it keeps weakening (already weakened to a Category 2) and changes paths slightly.

Wasn't Wilmington under a mandory evacuation? You didn't leave?

Back
Top Bottom