A Person's Personal Views vs Their Work/Art

Do you try to keep them separate or are they conjoined? I always hear people that buy Yeezys but hate Trump. You are buying shoes from someone making direct donations to that campaign and supporting him fully. I don't see how you can not take both someones work and their personal views into the same conversation.

Aren't a person's personal views directly impactful on their art and work?

I don't tend to let the personal views change my view on the art unless their views personally impact me in some way.

I rock yeezys and support Trump.

But I also buy from designers and watch movies/shows by people who outwardly dislike Trump.

A lot of pro-choice people eat Chick-fil-a despite their pro-life views.

As a practical matter, it is probably difficult to strictly separate the two in any meaningful way.

We ALL have someone that we don't co-sign as a person but admire/respect/support due to their craft.
jeff-bezos-early-amazon-photo.jpg

Mans can slang some groceries, whew

I pick and choose.

Fight me.

And I could never rock a pair of Yeezys.

But I got this fire MJ Thriller tee I've been waiting to rock.

If you knew enough about everyone with a label, you wouldn't buy anything. i don't condone sex with minors but r Kelly is my favorite singer and some people don't rock with him for that reason.

Nah, if i enjoy their work then i enjoy there work. If I melded an artist professional and personal life all the time then I'd miss out on a lot of stuff. Then there's that "it didn't directly happen to me so idc factor."

But then again like, I don't think I can listen to "Age Nothing But a Number" b/c that's too real, but I could listen to "I Wish" w/o an issue. These are R Kelly wrote/performed those songs if u didn't know.

i could go down a rabbit hole and end up supporting nothing and nobody but my personal preference is to not support kanye and marky mark at all. shame because mbdtf is an amazing work of art. i’m not missing out much on the wahlberg front though.

I tend to separate the art from the artist.

But at the same time, respect to anyone who doesn’t and is consistent with it in terms of not picking and choosing when to have that moral compass.

you have to be incredibly great within your field to get folks to overlook your personal foibles, but it´s possible.

by all accounts, Nikola Tesla was a stone cold weirdo...but hey, that´s Nikola Tesla bruh.

...you create the standard power system for Planet Earth and you can **** a pigeon if you want, my dude.

Back
Top Bottom