A question to all S430 and 323i drivers. Why debadge?

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

I've seen 3-Series with just M3 fender grills, regular Civics, Accords, etc. with Type R badges. The best one was this MB E-Class one time with AMG and Brabus badges on his car.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by aar1002

in scottsdale people are such tools that they are puttin the amg on the back
laugh.gif
i love those e550 amg, s500 amgs, sl500 amgs and my favorite...SLK32AMG!!!!!
eek.gif

Don't forget people putting the Motorsport badges on BMW's like, ///M 525, ///M X5, ///M 323.
laugh.gif
don't you know you get an extra 5hp for each badge/sticker?
laugh.gif

for MB's you can option for the AMG sports package though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by aar1002

in scottsdale people are such tools that they are puttin the amg on the back
laugh.gif
i love those e550 amg, s500 amgs, sl500 amgs and my favorite...SLK32AMG!!!!!
eek.gif

AMG really makes a SLK32.
Word, Benz has made a C32 AMG, a C36 AMG, and a C43 AMG.

It might be a show car. It might be swapped.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

I've never seen a de-badged M3, M5, M6, or AMG Mercedes. I wonder why those guys don't go for that "clean look"
nerd.gif

I've seen plenty of debadged M3s and M5s....

Originally Posted by Lrrr

I've never seen a de-badged M3, M5, M6, or AMG Mercedes. I wonder why those guys don't go for that "clean look"
nerd.gif
I have, on numerous occasions.

Strangely enough, while it's culturally more acceptable to keep the engine and model specifics to oneself in Europe, in the US, those individuals that actually debadge their cars for the cleaner aesthetic or modesty, are by default assumed to be sporting low end variations of the model line. This is because, more often than not, when it comes to new German automobiles, emblem removal is used by those stretching their budgets to disguise the fact that they have purchased the cheapest model available just to get in the game and keep up with the Joneses. Demonstrating socio-economic or cultural inferiority is not an option. Sad but true. Happy motoring folks...

laugh.gif

thought about debadging my ///m for the clean look
but part of me really likes it there also
sometimes the badge actually completes the look of the car imo
guess it is staying on for now

Originally Posted by SHUGES

De-badging and re-badging is for posers.

F that "clean look" excuse.
So if you push a brand new M5 and you want a clean look you're posing?

roll.gif

aight son.

my neighbor stay frontin with his bimmers. He has a 645 and a 530i, both debadged, and he goes around telling everyone he pushes a 650 and a 550

Who cares? Let people do what they want, in the end if they do it for the wrong reasons it will catch up to them. If you like the look, go for it..."Itsnot that serious"

Originally Posted by ninjahood

this is true, you either wanna hide your model number cause you dont have one of the powerful engines or wanna make it seem like you have a newermodel....never took my 545 off, im proud

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

roll.gif

aight son.
I PERSONALLY have never seen or have never known someone with a de-badged M5 (or debadged anything).

Anyone who buys those high-end cars usually don't debadge cuz they don't like people thinking they copped the lower class.

For real, who the @$!* de-badges a BRAND NEW M5??

To ME, adding a M to your 540 is like running out and copping fake kicks.

And to ME, taking off your M5 badges (or whatever high-end car you have) is like buying some Jordans and taking off the jumpman symbol.

Worst i've seen out here in LA was a dude had a nasty lookin 95-99 Maxima with GT-R badges all over it
sick.gif
. But to relate to the topic most of the debadged Bimmer's i see are lowerend 3 series. I've never seen a debadged M, dudes pushin that want people to know what there driving.

roll.gif

aight son.
I PERSONALLY have never seen or have never known someone with a de-badged M5 (or debadged anything).

Anyone who buys those high-end cars usually don't debadge cuz they don't like people thinking they copped the lower class.

And to ME, taking off your M5 badges (or whatever high-end car you have) is like buying some Jordans and taking off the jumpman symbol.
American mentality son....(assuming)

Reality is when you order your car, you can actually ask for it to come with no badge if you like. Head through to Europe and you'll see this trend is farmore common even on high end whippers. It's just all about preference and sometimes culture. The euro culture likes this trend, the American culturedoesn't...some people like that look...others don't. It is what it is.

That's also a terrible analogy. The average M3 or M5 driver buys the car for it's performance. Not for it's badge. So if the badge is gone, theperformance doesn't change at all.

Wait, so some Jordan lovers don't buy the shoe for performance? *scratches head*
And if the jumpman is removed, the performance of the shoe still doesn't change. How is it a terrible analogy?

As far as ordering w/o badges, yes I am aware of that.

But as you said, that's a cultural thing. The Saudis do all sorts of wild $@*@ to their cars as soon as it comes out the dealer... Sometimes before.

You can pretty much custom a Bentley or Rolls however you want.

But as I said, I have PERSONALLY never seen or PERSONALLY do not know anyone who has or who would remove badges.

Blame it on my surroundings or whatever (NYC). But I keep stressing that to ME, de-badging for the purpose of trying to fool others into thinking you havesomething you really don't is WEAK.

And the "clean excuse" used by Yank kids was probably started as a cover for that very phoniness.

roll.gif

aight son.

American mentality son....(assuming)

Reality is when you order your car, you can actually ask for it to come with no badge if you like. Head through to Europe and you'll see this trend is far more common even on high end whippers. It's just all about preference and sometimes culture. The euro culture likes this trend, the American culture doesn't...some people like that look...others don't. It is what it is.

That's also a terrible analogy. The average M3 or M5 driver buys the car for it's performance. Not for it's badge. So if the badge is gone, the performance doesn't change at all.
the badge adds like 5 horse power yo

Back
Top Bottom