"A Serious Recession Now Appears All But Assured." Thanks Bush!!

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

I like how you assume things. Cute.

I don't blame Clinton. He had a hand in it, but damn near every politician who's set foot in DC over the past decade is complicit in one form or another. (Obama will most likely be no different)

But please, enlighten me as to why blaming only Bush and the Republicans makes sense, outside of the fact that it's become the chic thing to do.

Feel free to use as many emoticons as you'd like.

I'd like to hear your answer also

I for one welcome our new international banker overlords.
eyes.gif

all but assured...thats what we are living in now...its only gonna get worst...also it has been goin in this direction for a long while

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Bush is the devil.
Bush is/was a dojer. International Bankers are the devil.

^Truth right there. Write it down on a note and put it on your fridge.
I'm not even mad at Bush. Really, he's just a scapegoat for the real evil doers who calculated and planned this whole crash. Money isn't evaporating into thin air. It's all going into somebody's pocket at the end of the day. Those somebody's are the international bankers who own and operate the Federal Reserve. wake up.

true story. watch zeitgeist.

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

I like how you assume things. Cute.

I don't blame Clinton. He had a hand in it, but damn near every politician who's set foot in DC over the past decade is complicit in one form or another. (Obama will most likely be no different)

But please, enlighten me as to why blaming only Bush and the Republicans makes sense, outside of the fact that it's become the chic thing to do.

Feel free to use as many emoticons as you'd like.

I'd like to hear your answer also
Wait, did you add the part about Obama?

Anyway, I feel that everyone is to blame because nobody spoke up about this before it was too late, and now it's one big game of blame dodgeball; Republicans on one side, Democrats on the other. For the last 5 years, the economy was humming along just fine (the last year, not so much. However, it wasstill "just fine", so we were told). We weathered the perfect storm of the Dot Com Bubble bursting, 9/11, and fraudulent SEC filings and brought oureconomy back, in large part due to economic climate that occurred due to deregulation. From a banking standpoint, free markets were great, everyone washappy, there was tons of money to go around. But there was no regulation, no oversight, and, as the saying goes, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Themarket gorged itself on anything that had a dollar sign in front of it, and now we're paying a heavy, heavy price for that indiscriminate gluttony. Ofcourse, due to partisan !+#%*$%%, both sides are claiming complete innocence and that the other side should've seen this coming, lying over and over againin an attempt to save their cushy, rich, political positions while their constituents deal with the repercussions. They've been serving corporateinterests for years, and now, when their jobs are on the line, they try and act like they had nothing to do with any of it.

To top it all off, having to listen to douches like Charles Schumer and Chris Dodd* try to throw this back on Republicans when they themselves, probablymoreso than anyone else, are neck deep in blame only serves to deepen my disgust with those two individuals.

Nancy Pelosi whining every time a microphone is within 20 feet of her isn't helping either. No matter how you feel about either party, it's beenpainfully obvious that the Democrats are doing double-time when it comes to defensive, "we had nothing to do with this" comments.

But no, I don't blame Clinton. I blame everyone. Republicans, Democrats, everyone.

* Democratic Senators from NY and CT, respectively, who championed repealing the Glass Stegall Act in '99 and who, time and time again, voiced their strongopposition to Bush-proposed re-regulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. What would motivate these two douches to act in such a manner? Why, their states arehome to the banking and insurance industries, of course.

Back
Top Bottom