A step back into the past...Customs by KVN

kvn

Well its been about 11 or so years since the first time I started customizing shoes. For those that don't know me, I was one of the first to post and docustomized shoes on niketalk. Being a sz 14/15 I wasn't always able to get the shoes in the colorways I wanted. So with a graffiti/tagging background, Igot into painting sneaks.I hooked up with an nter named fritenite and he told me about using acrylic paint (namely Liquitex) and painting them onto sneakers.

The only other person that was customizing at the time was a cat named whatkindofshoesarethose (I think... my memory is bad LOL) and you guys now know him asmethamphibian. Before ISS custom section Meth operated a custom site along with me being a mod and I believe jayhawk.

So I found some old cdr's with my old work and decided to post them up for all the youngins. Please remember this from 97ish-present. I'll be updatingthis post when I find more of my pix from og members on nt. Thanks and please enjoy the pix:

carmine 6s from the wht navy 6:

Fire red 5's from wht silver 5's

Nu retros:

Grape 5s for hodog on nt:

AJ9 D-mile's:

Clipper aj5's:

Warriors aj5's:

wht/blue aj1s from blk blue aj1's:

aj1 blk toes from blk red:

af1 mids:

A's af1 lows:

More current ones on the way in a day or 2....
KVN

Wow. Definitely took me back to Niketalk 1999!

It's crazy to see how many of your customs eventually got retroed.

I'm still waiting for them to bring out the white/red sole XI's and an actual pair of black/royal blue VI's!

Nice work. Those Carmines look pretty clean. Those Clippers Vs are fire, and I'm not even a Clippers fan. Look kinda like Rip PEs.

KVN!!!!

Let's get back outta retirement bro and show them how it's done, I remember when it was just you Meth and Me up in here messing up shoeslol...........One of the OG's right here people

dope, the D-Miles 9's are
pimp.gif

Those blk toes so much better than the ones recently......

thanx for sharing

Carmines look Xtra special, their an affordable pair
laugh.gif

Good work, shoot us with some more pics.... I LOVE CUSTOMS

Back
Top Bottom