A Tribe Called Quest Apreciation Thread

Another somewhat obscure Phife feature, but he does his thing like always:

Last edited:
I think Kanye was a good influence on Tip, and it showed with this album.

He needs to do some more production.

But I thought The Renaissance was good.

I think Kanye was a good influence on Tip, and it showed with this album.

He needs to do some more production.

But I thought The Renaissance was good.

Ditto. Seemed to be an album that got lost in the shuffle around that time

Yeah, I mentioned Q-Tip's last album being good. I think I might have confused some people. I don't count Kamaal The Abstract, because it was recorded long before it actually came out. I thought that album wasn't that great. It's hard for me to judge it, because it was so dated by the time it dropped.

I wonder what the status of Q-Tip's solo album "The Last Zulu" is?  Maybe he used some of that material to make this new Tribe album.

I wonder what the status of Q-Tip's solo album "The Last Zulu" is?  Maybe he used some of that material to make this new Tribe album.

I thought I was the only one fam. I seriously wonder if that album would've been similar to the Tribe album in terms of musical direction.

Very good album, and refreshing to hear. The stretch from Whateva Will be to Conrad Tokyo is great. Busta Rhymes, 3K, and Anderson Paak's features were all welcome and perfectly fit the album. Good purcahse

Been re-listening to the album this week after some time away from it. Definitely was feeling some major Tribe nostalgia when it first dropped, but its really is a very good album in its own right.

Back
Top Bottom