About to go to MIAMI during spring break week any suggestions?

I went to Miami Beach 2 times while I was in school. The first time we partied hard and the second time I just went and relaxed.

We stayed at Hotel Shelly on Collins my first year and we were right in the thick of things. No car was needed, clubs had long lines, and the beach was packed.

SOBE Live is the club they try to get all the Spring Breakers to go to, we hit that up twice. It was pretty cool both times, especially the 2nd time when wegot a table.

I say all that to say this, no matter what you do down there you will most likely have fun. Especially if you are with a good group of folks who are trying tohave fun as well.

Oh yeah and a word of advice, make sure you time your drinking right. One of my friends didn't go out a single night because he was sleep/drunk in thehotel by 8 EVERYDAY.

EDIT: Just looked back through my Miami photo albums. This picture explains how much fun I was having:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You dont need a car if you plan on staying on Miami Beach the whole time. If you want to go anywhere else, use a taxi. But you really wont need to go anywhereoutside of Collins and Ocean. TOOOO much to do down there in just a week. Everytime I'm in Miami I find something new.

If you're gonna do some shopping call a taxi and take yourselves to Bal Harbour Mall.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by Prolific Sole

Originally Posted by MissDivaSB

Well I'm 22.. I'm going with a couple of friends that are 21 and up. We're basically trying to find a decent place to stay at .. affordable cost.. trying to stay somewhere near the beach.. nice clubs that are known.. and fun spots to hang out at. I'm planning on being there from March 17th to March 21st.. is everything walking distance? or should i rent a car? take a taxi? thanks.
Def. rent a car. Not much stuff is in walking distance and I'm not sure if you want to be relying a city bus in Miami in the middle of the night.
laugh.gif
are you speaking on miami or orlando? have you ever actually been to miami beach, and was it during a peak time?
nerd.gif
I'm speakin about Miami. And to answer your question, yes I've been there, I was born there and lived there for years and still go back.I'm in Orlando for school. The reason I said to rent a car is just in case they plan on goin places outside of the South Beach area, such as the Hard Rockor other clubs or malls. Maybe it's just because I've seen it so many times but I would imagine spending your whole vacation in one area could getboring.

ohhhh, miami.

you could say F the beach, stay in downtown.. and party in downtown
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by MissDivaSB

Well I'm 22.. I'm going with a couple of friends that are 21 and up. We're basically trying to find a decent place to stay at .. affordable cost.. trying to stay somewhere near the beach.. nice clubs that are known.. and fun spots to hang out at. I'm planning on being there from March 17th to March 21st.. is everything walking distance? or should i rent a car? take a taxi? thanks.
Def. rent a car. Not much stuff is in walking distance and I'm not sure if you want to be relying a city bus in Miami in the middle of the night.
laugh.gif
are you speaking on miami or orlando? have you ever actually been to miami beach, and was it during a peak time?
nerd.gif
I'm speakin about Miami. And to answer your question, yes I've been there, I was born there and lived there for years and still go back. I'm in Orlando for school. The reason I said to rent a car is just in case they plan on goin places outside of the South Beach area, such as the Hard Rock or other clubs or malls. Maybe it's just because I've seen it so many times but I would imagine spending your whole vacation in one area could get boring.
only makes sense if your really jaded but to say theres "not much in walking distance" is silly...esp for someone going down for acouple days during SPRING BREAK-

and again like i and others have said IF somehow they get bored in 3 days on sobe during spring break they will be better off cabbing it...parking, traffic etcis ******ed

Why is it that for people from NYC Miami is the spot that's like Vegas is where all people from Cali go to for a quick get away vacation ?

I mean how far is it if you even try to drive from NYC to Miami. It's gotta be more than 5 hours.

SD to Vegas is a 5 hour drive without traffic.

I've always wondered why so many people from NYC love going to Miami for a vacation or even some of the older people I know who are from NYC end up makingMiami or Florida their retirement place.

Only reasons I can think of are no state taxes & nice hot humid weather if that the type of hot weather you like
sick.gif

I myself went down to south beach once about 4 years ago for one of my homies bachelor's party. I just remember the ocean water being so clean and crystalblue and warm. Any guy should be able to get some action in south beach. The Clubs are expensive just to get into. One club I remember going into was a clubcalled Mansion.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Why is it that for people from NYC Miami is the spot that's like Vegas is where all people from Cali go to for a quick get away vacation ?

I mean how far is it if you even try to drive from NYC to Miami. It's gotta be more than 5 hours.

SD to Vegas is a 5 hour drive without traffic.

I've always wondered why so many people from NYC love going to Miami for a vacation or even some of the older people I know who are from NYC end up making Miami or Florida their retirement place.

Only reasons I can think of are no state taxes & nice hot humid weather if that the type of hot weather you like
sick.gif

I myself went down to south beach once about 4 years ago for one of my homies bachelor's party. I just remember the ocean water being so clean and crystal blue and warm. Any guy should be able to get some action in south beach. The Clubs are expensive just to get into. One club I remember going into was a club called Mansion.
Mansion is hella overrated
to be honest i hate clubbing on the beach way too many outtowners

Clevelanders might still be under construction.

Last time they were extending the hotel next to it

Back
Top Bottom