According to ComplexMag Nelson Cabral (NT founder) is the 50th most influential person in the sneake

Real talk, NT deserves to be higher up on that list.

Lettuce bee cereal.

:nthat: and all, but our community deserves better.

Nelson and NT are way more influential than a number of the people ahead of him on that list, but :nthat: nonetheless

48. Bryan Angelle
Who And Why: Sneaker community organizer

Years and years ago, the first H-town Sneaker Summit was a small get-together of friends from Niketalk in a local sports bar. Today, the H-Town Sneaker Summit is the largest community-focused sneaker show, drawing over 6,000 attendees per show. You can thank Bryan Angelle for that.

Only 50 considering how much info is dropped and talked about here? Then again most people just wanna dress like he celebs

Wait why are we ok with with this?

Did we all forget about NT rule #1? NT hackers please take down Complex Magazine site and delete that article forever. kthnxbai

NT4Life :smokin :nthat:

Didn't check the list, or any of these media driven lists. But from the comments I saw on Twitter, it was done by Russ at Complex aka NT OG (and personal favorite) SlamEd.

Last edited:
Damn... not to downplay Nelson C, but what about Meth?

Meth kept this place in check throughout all these years.

He's the reason why this board is so popular today... he, and the other Mods/Admins, are the grease that keeps this place going smoothly.

Didn't check the list, or any of these media driven lists. But from the comments I saw on Twitter, it was done by Russ at Complex aka NT OG (and personal favorite) SlamEd.
It was done by Matt Halfhill.

Jeff Staple also did one about a month ago and there was a lot of debate when it originally came out. People on the list including DJ Clark Kent said that Niketalk should have been much higher, maybe #1 due to the fact that if it wasn't for NT most of that list wouldn't be possible considering their influence.

Last edited:

he probably got banned to the island of lost toys.

i been here since '03. but this is my newest name.

It was done by Matt Halfhill.

Jeff Staple also did one about a month ago and there was a lot of debate when it originally came out. People on the list including DJ Clark Kent said that Niketalk should have been much higher, maybe #1 due to the fact that if it wasn't for NT most of that list wouldn't be possible considering their influence.

From my TL and Russ' reaction/responses I thought he did the list. Yeah, I saw Clark's tweets about Staple's list. I haven't paid attention to either.

How are we in last place?

mean.gif

The only people other than Nelson C/Meth that should be higher up on that list are Prefontaine, MJ, and Tinker. 

On the real though, I'd be happier if we weren't on that list...

#BringBackDaApprovalProcess

Last edited:
Complex is such garbage :smh:

Put Ronnie Fieg, Niketalk, and several other much more influential people and organizations are "less" inspirational than WALE.

I quit.

Complex is such garbage
mean.gif

Put Ronnie Fieg, Niketalk, and several other much more influential people and organizations are "less" inspirational than WALE.
I quit.
In their defense, it wasn't their list. It was just published on their site. He should be the last one to make a list due to his involvement with bootleg kicks a few years back, but everyone has a short term memory.

Who is Ronnie Fieg influential to and why is he more influential than Wale? I know NT HATES Wale, but he represented for the sneaker community since Day 1 of his raps and doesn't hide the fact that he collects sneakers. Add to that his scope of influence is much larger than that of Fieg's who only appeals to a niche group.

Last edited:
Whole list is buns.

Complex slurps Kanye so ******g much man :smh:

How is Yeezy higher on the list than Phil Knight?
Like honestly?

I can understand NT being last on the list, because we as a community make up for a big chunk of the sneaker culture online, but these other guys are faces of brands etc etc. Thats cool.

But Kanye West over Phil Knight?

Phil Knight should be #2 on that list right under Michael Jordan.

**** what you heard.

Complex is worse at writing articles than Hypebeast is...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom