Accounting Majors, Accountants, College Students in Business come on in.

Hey NT, I'm struggling with a Financial Accounting as a freshmen.
Are there any sites you guys used that helped you learn all this @@!.  Tips? Methods of learning?
Should I switch majors? did anyone else feel that the accounting concepts just don't click?

Hey NT, I'm struggling with a Financial Accounting as a freshmen.
Are there any sites you guys used that helped you learn all this @@!.  Tips? Methods of learning?
Should I switch majors? did anyone else feel that the accounting concepts just don't click?

Put more time into your studies, a lot of the concepts in Accounting are not always easy to grasp the first time through. Beat way to cope with the terms is simply study and read the material. If it still isn't clicking after a few courses look into other buisness major, or something else. Don't force yourself to do something you don't like.

Put more time into your studies, a lot of the concepts in Accounting are not always easy to grasp the first time through. Beat way to cope with the terms is simply study and read the material. If it still isn't clicking after a few courses look into other buisness major, or something else. Don't force yourself to do something you don't like.

Accounting courses typically require a lot of studying for most students. The courses get progressively more difficult so another major may be the best choice if you have a difficult time in basic financial accounting. Good luck.

Accounting courses typically require a lot of studying for most students. The courses get progressively more difficult so another major may be the best choice if you have a difficult time in basic financial accounting. Good luck.

i slept in on accident today and didnt go to my morning accounting class
laugh.gif

i find the book more helpful than the teacher during the lecture. try opening it. its different for everyone.

i slept in on accident today and didnt go to my morning accounting class
laugh.gif

i find the book more helpful than the teacher during the lecture. try opening it. its different for everyone.

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Finance is whats killing me...this stuff is just hard no matter who teaches it...

Yea, Finance is not easy to grasp for everyone. Especially when you have professors who don't know how to teach the subject. A lot of the formulas made no sense to me, and the many of the Professors at my school only showed how to plug in the formula into the finance calculator without and real kind of explanation.

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Finance is whats killing me...this stuff is just hard no matter who teaches it...

Yea, Finance is not easy to grasp for everyone. Especially when you have professors who don't know how to teach the subject. A lot of the formulas made no sense to me, and the many of the Professors at my school only showed how to plug in the formula into the finance calculator without and real kind of explanation.

OP - if you are struggling with financial accounting as a freshman, accounting may not be the best field for you. Its only going to get harder, much harder.

OP - if you are struggling with financial accounting as a freshman, accounting may not be the best field for you. Its only going to get harder, much harder.

dude...drop accounting now! im not just saying that because you're having trouble with basic accounting(which is also a reason), but because actual accounting work sucks. I'm doing my masters in accounting now and regret picking this major. definitely would go in another direction if i could pick again.

Back
Top Bottom