Acne Question vol. Accutane??

i took it like 4 years ago, i wasn't depressed. i just had dry skin and it made my acne go away. there is no reason to be scared to take it, if you feeldepressed don't take it anymore. it's pretty simple...

accutane is to pimples
as atomic bomb is to world war too,

it ends it, but at what consequence,

preciate the feedback, and to clarify, my acne isnt OD horrible, but the flare ups can get pretty bad and i seem to get a good amount of these a month.. mylast little breakout was enough to make me wanna go see this doctor about it. but I'm def leanin towards the accutane, just gotta continue the research

I've never tried accutane but I've tried almost everything else, benzoyl peroxide, retina-a, differin, tetracycline, doxycycline, pro-active, etc. butnothing worked. I also exercise 4-6 times a week and eat healthy 80% of the time but acne remained a problem.

Last year I started taking Pantothenic Acid by Solaray (vitamin b5 pills) and it cleared my face up completely within 2 weeks. The only drawback is thatwhenever I run out and stop taking it for like 1 week, I breakout big time and it takes my face like 3 weeks to recover.

Originally Posted by silvermatrix12

i used accutne in highschool as well, dry face dry lips thats pretty much the side effects for me. but they tell you to put on mostiruizer on at night so you're not as dry as you should be. i was never depressed when i was on it, actually it had the reverse side effect on me. i was more out there then i was before. it really does work, it cleared up my acne real well. after you're done with it you still might get some pimples and what not but it'll be just like one here and there and thats it. i dont know i liked it and i would use it again if i was breaking out.
Me too, took it when I was 26, didn't have bad acne just tired of dealing with it for so long. 10 years later and I'm good, a small pimpleeveryonce and awhile. Peeling was the only affect it had on me from the sun.

Originally Posted by rolla808

I used accutane and had some major bouts of depression, I never realized it since I didn't really pay attention to the side effects. I used to have tons of fights with my GF, mom, and people at school, and lots of suicidal thoughts. But once I stopped it I was totally fine and not that angry and upset. It cleared up my acne really well, but it was tough for the time I was on it.

Yikes
ohwell.gif

like someone said, if it's not too bad, dont worry about it...just have good facial hygiene and you should be alright...i suffered from pretty bad acneback in the day but washing my face, using moisturizer, exfoliates, and even using face masks (nomo), i have soft clear skin.
the reason accutane makes your body become really dry is because it inhibits the production of oils or serum, which can be pretty bad because a small amount ofserum is part of your body's host defense mechanism which can block away bacteria, which may cause more acne....this is why accutane might not work forsome people.
Accutane does have side effects which are not too severe as people think it may be....yea we all heard it causes depression among users....but people should bemore worried about birth defects...hope i helped

Back
Top Bottom