Active NBA Players that will have their jersey retired...and where?

Neither Nash nor Finley will have their jerseys retired in Dallas. They werent around as long as the likes of Dirk is or Brad Davis was and really didnt accomplish much. Nash wasnt on the Finals team or the 67 win Mavs team.

Kidd has a better chance of getting his jersey retired in Dallas than Nash or Finley IMO.

Dirk most certainly will, the whole organization loves him, he is the best player in that teams history, hes gonna finish with a ton of their records, and he has an obscure "easily retired" number.... noone else is dyin for 41.

100% Guaranteed
Pierce
KG
Dirk
Kobe
Nash
Shaq
Wade
LBJ
Duncan
Iverson

90% Likely
Kidd
Finely
Billups
Ben Wallace in Det (DET absolutely loves Ben Wallace)
Gasol (Mem)
CP
Bosh (if he stays)
Melo
KD
Gerald Wallace (First "Franchise" player, and will finish with most Bobcat records for a while)

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

Dirk most certainly will, the whole organization loves him, he is the best player in that teams history, hes gonna finish with a ton of their records, and he has an obscure "easily retired" number.... noone else is dyin for 41.

100% Guaranteed
Pierce
KG
Dirk
Kobe
Nash
Shaq
Wade
LBJ
Duncan
Iverson

90% Likely
Kidd
Finely
Billups
Ben Wallace in Det (DET absolutely loves Ben Wallace)
Gasol (Mem)
CP
Bosh (if he stays)
Melo
KD
Gerald Wallace (First "Franchise" player, and will finish with most Bobcat records for a while)
finley 90% chance of retired #? I highly doubt it. He never did so much as make an All-NBA Third team. It's also way too early to say KD. Good point on Gerald Wallace though. 

I would also throw Dwight Howard's name out there ahead of Chris Paul's (although I feel at this point in time, neither of them currently deserve it, maybe in a few years).

Somebody please give me an argument for Pau in Memphis. A rookie of the year award doesn't qualify for a retired jersey, or else Damon Stoudamire would be hanging in the Air Canada Centre. If Memphis/Vancouver were to retire anyone's #, I would most definitely put Abdur-Rahim before Pau. Without question.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Shaq: LA
Kobe
Duncan
Garnett: MIN
Iverson: PHI
Pierce

Those are the only guys I consider 100% locks.
Why do you not consider Dirk a 100% questionable lock?
I was thinking that his accomplishments without a championship weren't enough to have his jersey retired. But now that I think about it, his accomplishments are on par with Garnett's and Iverson's.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

shaq in LA for sure...i still think hes gonna retire as a Laker when its all said whether he signs for a year or just for one day then retire

pierce is a lock i think for boston
kidd in new jersey...nuff said
nash in phx
kg i dont think boston would but minny would do it in a heartbeat and deservingly so
iverson in philly
dirk in dallas for sure
kobe Lakers' all time leading scorer yeah im pretty sure he gets 24 retired but the question is does 8 get retired as well? i mean he has plenty of achievements in 8 as well as that 81 point game
duncan is the san antonio spurs hes a lock
big ben and chauncey yup they should
pau in memphis
durant in OKC
Lebron in brooklyn

what you did there......i see it...

I really don't see Shaq's #34 retired in LA. After all these years, why?

Nash for sure in Phoenix.

No to KG in Boston and in Minny. Pierce for sure.

Kobe for sure but should be only #8. 8 and 24 would be ridiculous.

Duncan - yes, Ginobili - yes, Parker - yes.

Kevin Durant in OKC?
nerd.gif

Shaq - L.A.
K.G. - Minny
Iverson- Philly
Kobe- LA
Duncan- Spurs
Dirk- Mavs
Nash- Phoenix
Pierce- Boston
Kidd- Jersey
LeBron- Cavs
Carter- Should have his jersey hung in Jersey. His numbers & records broken when playing for the franchise should get him consideration.

Allen Iverson - Philly
Kobe Bryant - LA
Tim Duncan - San Antonio
Dirk Nowitzki - Dallas
Jason Kidd - Dallas
Shaq - LA
Paul Pierce - Boston
LeBron James - Cleveland

Vince Carter will never get his # retired in Toronto because he is probably the most hated sports figure in that city
Raptor fans hate him more than any other player in the league.

Plus there have already been people to wear #15- Jorge Garbajosa (sp?) and Amir Johnson, so doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Dont know who else but I'm pretty sure the way GSW recycles players, they wont have a jersey retired for a while...maybe Curry will start it up again.
Hell, we don't even have Chris Mullin's jersey retired.

I
ay7bix.gif
hate Cohan!

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Dont know who else but I'm pretty sure the way GSW recycles players, they wont have a jersey retired for a while...maybe Curry will start it up again.
Hell, we don't even have Chris Mullin's jersey retired.

I
ay7bix.gif
hate Cohan!

Warriors retired Wilts Jersey in 1999 and he was 1 of the greatest players ever. its gonna take over 20yrs for mullin to get his retired
smh.gif

Shaq (#34 LA)
Kobe (probably both #8/#24 LA)
TD (#21 SA)
Dirk (#41 DAL)
A.I. (#3 PHI)
Nash (#13 PHX)
KG (#21 MIN)
Pierce (#34 BOS)
Bron (#6 MIA)

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by Burns1923

He brought them 3 championships....

Um... .... ... let me think...                        ...I know that.

But he hasn't played there in 6 years and left on bad terms.

Come on.  Retire Shaq's number, you gotta retire Horry's #5, Shaw's 20, and later Fish's 2.

Come on.  Retire Shaq's number, you gotta retire Horry's #5, Shaw's 20, and later Fish's 2.

Whether he left on bad terms or not, or he hasn't been there in 6 years....I think most Laker fans and the organization recognize that man's accomplishments and what he did for the franchise. He's a lock to get his number retired my dude....and no you don't have to retire Horry's/Shaw's/Fisher's numbers if you retire Shaq's...

39680873.jpg

Shaq is lock...LA definitely appreciated him when he played and they continue to every time he visits.

Kobe, LeBron, Duncan, and AI are the only locks I see.

Wade MIGHT if he keeps his scoring avg. 25+ and decides to stay in Miami atleast 3-5 more years.

Back
Top Bottom