Adidas and Nasty leg injuries. Vol: Ware, Rose, and the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if someone noticed this or touched on this before, I normally stay in the nike, retro, jordan, and general threads, but here goes:

Has anyone noticed that the last three NASTIEST injuries to occur on the basketball court have involved Adidas? Could it be from the grip (too grippy if there is such a thing)?

Cases in point: Kevin Wares SICK break the other day where his foot seems to plant into the ground and the weight and momentum snap his leg.

Derrick Rose- same, let seems to plant and weight and momentum almost snap his knee.

Iman Shumpert- spin move, foot sticks to court, knee goes boom.

Heck althought this might be unrelated, RG3 had on some adidas when his knee went caput.

I have not worn adidas in like 16 years, but I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this pattern. Could it be something to the grip/cushioning that doesnt work well with body mechanics, or just a fluke.

Just a thought.

Would you like me to start listing all the players who wore Nike and suffered career-ending injuries?

Yeah this topic has came up before when rose was injured and if I remember correctly the op got flamed for bringing it up, I believe its a very valid observation tho..

Coincidence. Ware almost certainly had a stress fracture at the site of the break. Definitely a pathological fracture.

dont think shoes have THAT big of a role in things like this, adidas shoes have hurt more eyes than ankles 

I've torn my acl three times. Only once was I wearing Adidas, the other two I was wearing jordan XIIs, from 2 different sets of retros. Shoes don't make that much of a difference for these things imo

I've torn my acl three times. Only once was I wearing Adidas, the other two I was wearing jordan XIIs, from 2 different sets of retros. Shoes don't make that much of a difference for these things imo

Seriously. I get it, its funny and kinda common that dudes get injured weaing adidas. But lets be real, more people are injured rocking nike.

I broke my ankle playing in J's. My only major injury ever. Granted I don't usually rock adidas but injurys like Ware and RG3 where its a non contact is usually a freak injury or they already had some sort of hairline fracture already there

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...anishes-Nike-Hyperize-sneakers?urn=nba,224239

[h2]Pistons trainer banishes Nike Hyperize sneakers[/h2]
By J.E. Skeets

ept_sports_nba_experts-214618543-1267129447.jpg

Arnie Kander, the Detroit Pistons' longtime strength and conditioning coach, says he's never seen as many ankle, knee and groin injuries as he has this season. And he's not kidding. From opening night to mid-December, three different Pistons guards — Richard Hamilton(notes),  Ben Gordon(notes)  andWill Bynum(notes)  — all missed time thanks to buggered ankles. What's that sayin'? Two's a coincidence, three's a trend.

So, like any good NBA trainer who moonlights as a private investigator, Kander donned his deerstalker hat and overcoat, smoked a pipe, and quickly figured out that it was a specific brand of sneakers —*COUGH*  Nike Hyperizes  *COUGH*  — that were making the Pistons' ankles go lame.

Case closed; shoes banned.
http://
"I'm not going to name the brand of shoe it was [Ed. note: Woops!], but it has been banned from our locker room and the guys aren't allowed to wear it," Kander said. "These shoes had taken most of the support out of the sides and it was a lighter shoe. Most basketball shoes weigh between 1.4 and 1.7 pounds."

"These shoes were weighing 0.8 pounds, which was way too light as far as side support. Since we've banned the shoe, knock on wood, we haven't had any ankle sprains. Hopefully, the good Lord willing, we won't have any more and we can finish the season healthy and see what these guys can really do.
Kander, who once referred to current basketball shoes as glorified "moccasins," takes his players ankles very serious. In fact, the Pistons actually fine members of the team who don't tape their anklesbecause it has shown to be so effective in preventing injury. Kander's hardcore — his ankles have mustaches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom