ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

It’s simple...

Casual pair for casual use

X pair for ball.

They are 2 different shoes with similar aesthetics.

Let’s stop confusing the two.
It's easy to confuse though... especially with the lack of actual silo names. X and lvl 1....I now know the difference between the two but took me long enough.

It's easy to confuse though... especially with the lack of actual silo names. X and lvl 1....I now know the difference between the two but took me long enough.

One has encapsulated forefoot boost, one doesn’t. The uppers both differ in panels and the the lvl1 has a slanted ankle collar.

Pretty evident from the jump.

giphy.gif

im curious to say the least, i just hope the pk isn't too tightly knit like the CE17s

If anything they look like the opposite and the knit might be too soft.

Are guys actually playing in these now, other than the one time we saw Ingram play in them?

If anything they look like the opposite and the knit might be too soft.

Are guys actually playing in these now, other than the one time we saw Ingram play in them?

The X hasn’t released. Ingram, Young & Wall played in the X (on court version).

The BYW lvl 1 is what released and is it not intended for the court.

Two completely different shoes.

When I said guys, I meant NBA guys, hence the Ingram reference.

Anyone know?

Haven’t seen anyone on the Adidas roster. It’s poor marketing given that this shoe had a growing hype especially for older heads who know about FYW. There might be some further marketing in the near future before all star weekend (my assumption) but this is all too common with Adidas. It’s really gotten to the point where I expect them to botch new products. Like are you trying to hurt your brand? And then people wonder why consumers don’t want to give them a shot. Smh

JS”

Last edited:
Are the Crazylight Boost 2016s realllly long? I went a size down (I usually wear 10 to a 10.5 depending on how wide the shoe is) and the 9.5 fits perfectly. Now I wish I got the primeknit but for $30 I'm not complaining tbh

Are the Crazylight Boost 2016s realllly long? I went a size down (I usually wear 10 to a 10.5 depending on how wide the shoe is) and the 9.5 fits perfectly. Now I wish I got the primeknit but for $30 I'm not complaining tbh

Yes, they are very long. I went down a full size. You might need to loosen up the lacing system a bit if they are too narrow because the upper is pretty flexible. Someone who likes a little space in front of their toes could probably be fine with going down half a size.

Yes, they are very long. I went down a full size. You might need to loosen up the lacing system a bit if they are too narrow because the upper is pretty flexible. Someone who likes a little space in front of their toes could probably be fine with going down half a size.
Yeah I played in em today and they were very tight but not blood restricting tight. Gonna loosen them up even more and see if it helps out, lockdown seemed fairly good which was surprising since the last time I picked them up, they were horrid (in a size 10).

Wonder if Adidas rolls these BYW out to a wider roster for All Star weekend.. like Jaylen Brown for rising stars game.. even an Eric Gordon or Kyle Lowry soon.. Kristaps.. Wiggins.. etc

i went tts, but i enjoy wiggle room in the toebox so i didn't notice. if i had gone down 1/2 a size, it would not have been wide enough.

Wonder if Adidas rolls these BYW out to a wider roster for All Star weekend.. like Jaylen Brown for rising stars game.. even an Eric Gordon or Kyle Lowry soon.. Kristaps.. Wiggins.. etc
Little doubt they will. Obviously they will give the players a choice and im sure some would stick with the CE but I def expect to see a lot of pairs during the rookie sophomore game and hopefully the other events as well.

I guess if they do not roll out hard AS weekend we would look at a playoff rollout.

Remember when Adidas dropped the Crazy Light line and they gave DRose his own PE of the shoe that had a full release alongside the release of his of the 1.5/2.0?

Kinda wonder why they don't do that with Harden and the BYW. Kinda makes too much sense not to do it once this tooling setup is definitely for hoopers yet they want to cross it over to the lifestyle side and that's all Harden's line has been about so far.

Although it's a playable shoe, the BYW X is an Adidas Originals owned silhouette. Typically reserved for lifestyle silhouettes Wouldn't expect it to see it rolled into the larger Adidas basketball athlete footwear strategy which is separate from OGs.

Although it's a playable shoe, the BYW X is an Adidas Originals owned silhouette. Typically reserved for lifestyle silhouettes Wouldn't expect it to see it rolled into the larger Adidas basketball athlete footwear strategy which is separate from OGs.
They already have a ball/active version of the shoe. That's what I'm expecting to see rolled out.

Reactions: God
Haven’t seen anyone on the Adidas roster. It’s poor marketing given that this shoe had a growing hype especially for older heads who know about FYW. There might be some further marketing in the near future before all star weekend (my assumption) but this is all too common with Adidas. It’s really gotten to the point where I expect them to botch new products. Like are you trying to hurt your brand? And then people wonder why consumers don’t want to give them a shot. Smh
JS”

Well I was wondering why we're not seeing players wearing them and maybe it's not a marketing thing. Maybe they just don't perform very well.

Seems like guys can choose what they want to wear. You see Jaylen Brown switching between the CE Lows and Dame 4's. If the BYW X was a good performer, I feel like players would be eager to wear them.

The Rose 6 definitely had a fat slab of boost in the heel. I'll wait to compare until I get a pair in hand

event he split toe looks better on those than in the casual version
NK_Adidas-BYW-LVL-X_OnFoot_7.jpg

its like the casual version was made to make the bball version looks 100x better with it's camel toe
adidas-Originals-Crazy-BYW_On-Foot-Nice-Kicks_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom