ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

The Tmac Millennium or whatever it's called looks interest from a performance standpoint.

How can you even say that? I bet if you interviewed Kobe he'd say it made a big difference when he came from the Kobe 3 to the Kobe 4/5/6 and on, you're being simply ridiculous.
How can I say that easy I just said it. Of course them dudes going to beat you upside the head to buy the sneakers but either you're good or you're not period. No sneakers going to help you that much unless y'all got some like Mike jawns. I'm not being ridiculous you're just easily sold some stuff. Kobe was Kobe in Adidas or Nikes but like I said some of y'all are easily swayed smh.

How can I say that easy I just said it. Of course them dudes going to beat you upside the head to buy the sneakers but either you're good or you're not period. No sneakers going to help you that much unless y'all got some like Mike jawns. I'm not being ridiculous you're just easily sold some stuff. Kobe was Kobe in Adidas or Nikes but like I said some of y'all are easily swayed smh.
You just said a whole lot of nothing in this post, cmon fam lol

I think you have exaggerated the point of mid444's original post. I don't believe he ever implied a change in shoes caused her to go from scrub to professional player. He very specifically said it helped the way she played at the end of games, which does not imply improvement in skill. It's implying that she felt less fatigue (at least in her legs) and this allowed her to perform better, again, specifically, at the end of games.

At the very minimum there is logic to it. We all know dead legs can change a player's effectiveness.

You just said a whole lot of nothing in this post, cmon fam lol
If that makes you feel better ok. It isn't true though but you can't play anyway so I don't get the point of back and forth with player groupies. You got it fam.

I think you have exaggerated the point of mid444's original post. I don't believe he ever implied a change in shoes caused her to go from scrub to professional player. He very specifically said it helped the way she played at the end of games, which does not imply improvement in skill. It's implying that she felt less fatigue (at least in her legs) and this allowed her to perform better, again, specifically, at the end of games.

At the very minimum there is logic to it. We all know dead legs can change a player's effectiveness.
I think I haven't exaggerated anything. I never said he did say that did I? I said I don't believe switching sneakers really makes any real improvements and its a placebo. If my feet tired in one pair switching sneaks aren't going to improve my performance. You don't have to agree but I think its a placebo and you don't. There is no logic to it but we all believe what we want to believe.

Did anyone get an email from csgiftcards now, saying that your Pharrell BYW shoe got cancelled due to some adidas error?

Did anyone get an email from csgiftcards now, saying that your Pharrell BYW shoe got cancelled due to some adidas error?

Just got the email. Twitter saying that cancellation is happening because of the promo code but I think I’m going to co tact customer service to see the reason why and see if I can get some sort of discount code

Why are you so mad fam lmao calm down and take this L.
Not the Internet lames top five favorite accusation of someone being mad when they can't see or hear the person. Get real kid nobody mad. You should take your own advice. Don't be mad because you can't play ball and think sneakers really will have a difference in your play once you're tired. Matter of fact prove me wrong and show yourself playing tired with switched sneakers and lets see this alleged difference by switching to lighter sneakers.

Late on the great weight debate.....

But my 2 cents is I agree with those that say it makes little to no difference. It’s not the weight that matters , but if a certain shoe has tremendous lockdown/traction/court feel/spring then I’m at my quickest. Not because the shoe weighs less. Give me a feather light shoe that doesn’t have those qualities and I’ll be slow. Give me a heavy b-ball shoe with great lockdown and traction and I’m quick (by my standards).

Late on the great weight debate.....

But my 2 cents is I agree with those that say it makes little to no difference. It’s not the weight that matters , but if a certain shoe has tremendous lockdown/traction/court feel/spring then I’m at my quickest. Not because the shoe weighs less. Give me a feather light shoe that doesn’t have those qualities and I’ll be slow. Give me a heavy b-ball shoe with great lockdown and traction and I’m quick (by my standards).

Agree. I’ve had light shoes that fit sloppy and had terrible transition that felt slow and heavy that fit perfect and felt great while moving that I felt fast in. Find a shoe that fits your game and you will feel how you want, light or heavy.

SPORTS BIOMECHANICS: Influence of basketball shoe mass, outsole traction, and forefoot bending stiffness on three athletic movements - Jay Worobets & John William Wannop
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14763141.2015.1084031?src=recsys&journalCode=rspb20

Prior research has shown that footwear can enhance athletic performance. However, public information is not available on what basketball shoe properties should be selected to maximise movement performance. Therefore, the purpose of the study was to investigate the influence of basketball shoe mass, outsole traction, and forefoot bending stiffness on sprinting, jumping, and cutting performance. Each of these three basketball shoe properties was systematically varied by ±20% to produce three shoe conditions of varying mass, three conditions of varying traction, and three conditions of varying bending stiffness. Each shoe was tested by 20 recreational basketball players completing maximal effort sprints, vertical jumps, and a cutting drill. Outsole traction had the largest influence on performance, as the participants performed significantly worse in all tests when traction was decreased by 20% (p < 0.001), and performed significantly better in the cutting drill when traction was increased by 20% (p = 0.005). Forefoot bending stiffness had a moderate effect on sprint and cutting performance (p = 0.013 and p = 0.016 respectively) and shoe mass was found to have no effect on performance. Therefore, choosing a shoe with relatively high outsole traction and forefoot bending stiffness should be prioritised, and less concern should be focused on selecting the lightest shoe.

I can’t argue with any of that - shoes will enhance and improve performance - no one can argue that. If you do, at this point, you are just being hard-headed.

Yea so basically what I've been saying this whole time that the whole shoe set up is more important than the weight of a shoe for performance, albeit I focused more on cushioning and energy absorption -_-

AKA MINIMAL WEIGHT DIFFERENCE DON'T MEAN SQUAT

Yea so basically what I've been saying this whole time that the whole shoe set up is more important than the weight of a shoe for performance, albeit I focused more on cushioning and energy absorption -_-

AKA MINIMAL WEIGHT DIFFERENCE DON'T MEAN SQUAT

Maybe I missed this in previous replies, and I’m truly not being argumentative, but would a 9-10 ounce weight difference change anything in your mind? Say, if the first crazy light actually had a good fit and stability at 9 ounces, versus a 20 ounce leather upper that had similar fit and cushioning response? Again, I’m not being a jerk, I’m actually curious what some of you think, and if I missed this already I’m sorry.

Maybe I missed this in previous replies, and I’m truly not being argumentative, but would a 9-10 ounce weight difference change anything in your mind? Say, if the first crazy light actually had a good fit and stability at 9 ounces, versus a 20 ounce leather upper that had similar fit and cushioning response? Again, I’m not being a jerk, I’m actually curious what some of you think, and if I missed this already I’m sorry.
Idk man I played in lebron 6s last summer and switching between that and my kobe 9s I really didn't feel more fatigued. The debate in previous posts was talking about at most 4-5 ounce difference and that really doesn't really affect performance enough for you to notice imo.

Duke, are you asking 9-10 ounces per shoe? If the shoes have similar traction, lockdown, stability, containment, transition, and cushioning feel, then I don't think I'd notice much of difference unless I played hard for 2+ hours. Take that with a grain of salt since I've been playing ball for a long time, I try out lots of shoes, and I feel I'm pretty good at picking up subtle changes in performance from shoe model to model and as shoes break in/down. I'm guessing lots of people wouldn't notice it.

Now if we are talking 4-5 ounces per shoe, I bet most people wouldn't notice.

Duke, are you asking 9-10 ounces per shoe? If the shoes have similar traction, lockdown, stability, containment, transition, and cushioning feel, then I don't think I'd notice much of difference unless I played hard for 2+ hours. Take that with a grain of salt since I've been playing ball for a long time, I try out lots of shoes, and I feel I'm pretty good at picking up subtle changes in performance from shoe model to model and as shoes break in/down. I'm guessing lots of people wouldn't notice it.
9-10 ounces is a bit much but like 3-4 you really won't notice much honestly.

9-10 ounces is a bit much but like 3-4 you really won't notice much honestly.

i think one thing that has been overlooked in this discussion is the size/maturity of the player... if 9-10 ounces is a bit much for your average 180-200 lb male adult, then maybe 3-4 ounces would be a bit much for a 130 lbs teenage girl, i don't know.... i originally "assumed" it was the weight of the shoe that was tiring out my kid, but maybe it was really the traction, or the shoe set-up. i don't know but i do know she played much better with the air max infuriates and i doubt it was a placebo effect. after reading up on this i have re-evaluated what i thought about shoe weight and how little that actually matters.

.......i remember reading somewhere that Shaq had ridiculous orthotics in his shoes, maybe 3-5 lbs each. now for him, at 330 lbs probably not an issue. if i tried to play with 3 lb ones in each of my shoes i know it would slow me down no matter how good the traction or shoe set-up was..:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom