ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I just got the red CL boost and i gotta say that they are pretty comfortable all around.. I was expecting them to be a little lighter though.. My lebron soldier 9's are lighter than them

I wonder what's making them so much heavier than before.  I would guess it's that outsole and the massive amount of Boost.  Can't imagine a low top jacquard or primeknit upper adding much weight.

It doesn't matter to me too much.  I guess they could call them the Crazy Boost 2016.  Good thing they aren't the Harden 1 because that retail price would see a jump.  Hopefully this line doesn't get phased into the Harden signature line.

I wonder what's making them so much heavier than before.  I would guess it's that outsole and the massive amount of Boost.  Can't imagine a low top jacquard or primeknit upper adding much weight.

It doesn't matter to me too much.  I guess they could call them the Crazy Boost 2016.  Good thing they aren't the Harden 1 because that retail price would see a jump.  Hopefully this line doesn't get phased into the Harden signature line.
Crazy Boost 2016 is a good thought -- I agree that a name change would better reflect what you're getting but since they've built up that recognition of 'Crazy Light' it's probably tough to jump to something else.

Very curious to see where they go with the upcoming Harden signature...

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone's said this yet, but footlocker.co.uk has the Crazy Explosive Primknit and the Rose 7 coming out on the 1st of August. Red/Scarlet/Black and Solar Red/White/Ice Green, respectively.

It's definitely the boost sole/material making it heavier, I mean the DRose 6 was already heavy and the CL16 is suppose to pack more boost material in there? Not surprised by it's weight despite it being a lowtop.

It's definitely the boost. You can tell if you hold the 2015 CLB which only has heel boost.

That's why everyone should go down a half size(compared to Nike/Jordan).

I found the Drose 6 in my Nike/Jordan TTS to be a bit heavy(at least in hand, not so much on feet) and going down a half size made such a difference.

@thapointguy  thanks for that on foot pic of the crazy xplosive -- definitely looking pretty good on foot in that cw/sock combo.  I want to try those as well... 

Yeah, they need to ditch the Crazylight name cause it's irrelevant now
damn I totally forgot what the original sell on these was
laugh.gif
yeah the name hasnt made sense for awhile now

Would love more performance reviews on the CLB 2016 from anyone who's copped.
Very smooth heel-to-toe transitioning. The outsole shank is flexible and unnoticeable to me regardless of first impression. Continental rubber plus the outsole pattern is possibly the best I've played in. I usually wipe and/or apply saliva to most soles for grip, often out of habit but in these it didn't cross my mind at all. Boost is very forgiving and delivers on performance and energy return. Regardless of how boost feels to the touch or just trying them on, I highly suggest that if you're getting them to ball in then ball in them first before making judgements. Plenty of cushioning throughout. The sizing is a bit funky. For me, they run a 1/2 size big but I prefer a snug fit. I was able to fit in a full size smaller with a thin sock. My gripe is the heel lockdown. It's not a major issue, but because of the heel-cut and lack of shoelace eyelets, I had to tighten the laces a bit extra. Before boost, I always played in zoom and while it's great for a low-profile court feel, it doesn't compare to boost, at least to me, in terms of long-term joint protection. For reference, I'm a 6'1", 210lb all-around player that runs all 40 minutes of rec league games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom