ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Played 5 games in these now and the boost feels as though it has broken in and feels bouncier like an ultraboost. I can see why people are comparing the 2. I think the boost just needs a bit of time to activate properly. To those that have tried them on and think the boost is not great, it does get better after you have worn them a few times.
Thanks for that clarification, I wish the reviewers would've mentioned that.  They make it seem like you'll feel it on try on, and I've personally experienced where some Boost needs to be broken in and some Boost comes out of the box "broken in".  I do not that Boost is fairly new in basketball for adidas so they're still trying to get some things right when it comes to basketball, but it still makes it harder for us customers who just want a simple shoe that works and we don't have to do an investigation to see if they're worth it...

My non-PK CE just arrived. I don't know about you guys but I actually prefer it over the PK version. I mean for sure the PK version looks a lot better but at least I don't have to worry about the shoe breaking as it seems more durable than the PK. I really wish that they change the outsole of this damn shoe because the rubber is way too soft because even just playing indoors, this rubber won't last.

Maybe code for the US is Family [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

My d lils came in. I got the black/grey jacquard bounce version. They feel nice, and fit pretty well with medium thickness socks. Can't wear my hyper elites, but fine with regular dry fit or stance fusion athletic. Cushion is middle or the road. Obviously not as plush as some zoom units, but definitely nicer than rock shoes like the curry 2 and Kyrie 2 lol.

Im very disappointed in the CE Primeknit. I was expecting So much from them because of all the reviews seemed to agree on these shoes.
I found them to be slippery, never really bit the floor hard, and the forefoot containement was non exsistent, roll cage was too soft for me.
My foot kept sliding inside the shoe at every strong change of direction. Tying more the shoe in the forefoot made my foot numb I couldnt run anymore.

They were the most comfortable basketball shoe ever tho... Heel to toe transition was effortless. Best materials

Rose 7 Primeknit are on their way

Last edited:
Tent sale happening again. Wonder if it's leftovers from the last one lol. Maybe there'll be some Rose 7.
http://www.eventbrite.com/o/adidas-2330581667

SF Tent Sale didn't have much in terms of Boost. A handful of Dillard 2 Boosts in super large sizes (13+), and a few ugly colorways of the Rose 6 in quantities less than three.
The only good shoe was the CLB 16 USA in sizes 8.5-10.5. Finally found out that 10.5 is the right size for me, Adidas fitting is so damn weird.
Clothing selection was pretty good, at least in my size (L).

It's weird, Adidas randomly sent me a 15 percent off code thinking I struck out on NMDs I ordered but didn't go through but I got my NMDs... long story short I used that on the all black Crazy Explosives and I think they are my favorite most comfortable shoe to hoop in EVER.

I had knee problems growing up and recently had a bad ankle injury and the combination of cushioning and support are so refreshing in these. The KD9 was my favorite before but the support was not there to match the unreal cushioning and zoom. The prime knit and full length actual boost in these make them a no brainer. I will definitely be picking up a few more pairs to wear these exclusively for pickup and leagues.

I read some people had issues with their shoes having uneven boost? Or lack of boost in the forefoot. I can say that my pair has been the same for left and right shoe and the forefoot is very bouncy. These are some of the first pair of shoes I've worn where I didn't feel my knees and joints hurt the next day after an intense game.

It's weird, Adidas randomly sent me a 15 percent off code thinking I struck out on NMDs I ordered but didn't go through but I got my NMDs... long story short I used that on the all black Crazy Explosives and I think they are my favorite most comfortable shoe to hoop in EVER.

I had knee problems growing up and recently had a bad ankle injury and the combination of cushioning and support are so refreshing in these. The KD9 was my favorite before but the support was not there to match the unreal cushioning and zoom. The prime knit and full length actual boost in these make them a no brainer. I will definitely be picking up a few more pairs to wear these exclusively for pickup and leagues.

I read some people had issues with their shoes having uneven boost? Or lack of boost in the forefoot. I can say that my pair has been the same for left and right shoe and the forefoot is very bouncy. These are some of the first pair of shoes I've worn where I didn't feel my knees and joints hurt the next day after an intense game.
Did the Boost feel bouncy right when you put them on your feet, or did you have to run and play in them for a little bit before the bounce showed up?  I think that's where, perhaps, we are all getting confused.  In the reviews, they make it sound like right when you put the shoe on you know RIGHT AWAY the Boost is bouncy, Ultraboost-like, etc.  I'm fine with having to break them in or whatever, it has just been very misleading because people keep mentioning how great the Boost is and then some of us go and try the shoe on and they feel like rocks.

Not to mention the fact that I've had a very inconsistent experience with Boost in 4 different Rose 6 shoes.  Some felt neutral (like nothing, perhaps a slight bounce), some felt very bouncy and soft and plus, some felt bouncy at first and then hardened up 2 months later (like my current pair).  Others are saying they're still playing in their Rose 6 and it's still bouncy (maybe not as much as before, but not HARD at least like my pair), so I am just afraid of Boost now.

Last edited:
Did the Boost feel bouncy right when you put them on your feet, or did you have to run and play in them for a little bit before the bounce showed up?  I think that's where, perhaps, we are all getting confused.  In the reviews, they make it sound like right when you put the shoe on you know RIGHT AWAY the Boost is bouncy, Ultraboost-like, etc.  I'm fine with having to break them in or whatever, it has just been very misleading because people keep mentioning how great the Boost is and then some of us go and try the shoe on and they feel like rocks.

Not to mention the fact that I've had a very inconsistent experience with Boost in 4 different Rose 6 shoes.  Some felt neutral (like nothing, perhaps a slight bounce), some felt very bouncy and soft and plus, some felt bouncy at first and then hardened up 2 months later (like my current pair).  Others are saying they're still playing in their Rose 6 and it's still bouncy (maybe not as much as before, but not HARD at least like my pair), so I am just afraid of Boost now.

Excellent question - they do not feel bouncy immediately. In fact, when I put them on they felt good but rigid. I went to shoot around for about an hour and broke them in.

The next day I had a league game at night and wore them, thats when you could feel the boost. The prime knit also softens up and conforms to your foot. I didn't feel the lack of support in the prime knit like I thought I would.

Excellent question - they do not feel bouncy immediately. In fact, when I put them on they felt good but rigid. I went to shoot around for about an hour and broke them in.

The next day I had a league game at night and wore them, thats when you could feel the boost. The prime knit also softens up and conforms to your foot. I didn't feel the lack of support in the prime knit like I thought I would.

Thank you so much for this! I wonder why reviewers wouldn't mention that, gonna have to just pay attention to Niketalk only lol! I will definitely cop these once the price drops and then stock up on multiple pairs. I'm hesitant right now because I play only on carpet court right now, which is as bad as outdoors and chews through outsoles lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom