ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I am curious why they priced it at $200 costing $40 more than the most expensive boost bball shoe right now.

Premium materials.

It's more a life style basketball shoe then a regular basketball shoe if that makes sense.

Hooped in the Crazy Explosive Lows for about 4 hours today. Here are a few thoughts I had on them:

I went half a size up because I have wide, flat feet. They fit really well and were still pretty snug for my liking. There was a bit of a pinching feeling after I was done in the forefoot area on my pinky toe but it didn't really bother me when playing. I'm a TTS 10, went with a 10.5 in these. I'm also a 10.5 in UB 1.0's and 10 in Jordans for reference. I didn't experience any heel slippage.

The full length boost is awesome and it really is like UB's for the court. However, I found the traction to be pretty average; I had to wipe every so often. I have been playing in the Lebron 9 Soldiers which have outstanding traction, so perhaps I'm just too used to those that these were a significant downgrade. For what it's worth, I played at a college gym so it's pretty decently kept for the most part. Not sure if it's because of the translucent rubber here.

Overall, I thought they were pretty fun to play in, excited to get more runs in to really break em in. I'm a 5'7 155lb shooter for reference, running around off screens and such. 

Hooped in the Crazy Explosive Lows for about 4 hours today. Here are a few thoughts I had on them:

I went half a size up because I have wide, flat feet. They fit really well and were still pretty snug for my liking. There was a bit of a pinching feeling after I was done in the forefoot area on my pinky toe but it didn't really bother me when playing. I'm a TTS 10, went with a 10.5 in these. I'm also a 10.5 in UB 1.0's and 10 in Jordans for reference. I didn't experience any heel slippage.

The full length boost is awesome and it really is like UB's for the court. However, I found the traction to be pretty average; I had to wipe every so often. I have been playing in the Lebron 9 Soldiers which have outstanding traction, so perhaps I'm just too used to those that these were a significant downgrade. For what it's worth, I played at a college gym so it's pretty decently kept for the most part. Not sure if it's because of the translucent rubber here.

Overall, I thought they were pretty fun to play in, excited to get more runs in to really break em in. I'm a 5'7 155lb shooter for reference, running around off screens and such. 
Ah that sucks. The traction looks like it would be good based off the pictures - but I guess looks can be deceiving. I do remember watching Eric Gordon play in his and he slipped and fell quite a few times on the Warriors' court. 

I've found the traction to be pretty great but I'm 6'7"/210lbs so a lot of my traction needs involve cuts and holding position for rebounds.

I haven't had any slipping problems yet (about two weeks of run 6/7 times a week).

I've been playing in my CE Low (Neoprene) for both volleyball and basketball for a while now, my biggest issue has been the lacing system... I dont feel super secure because my laces always keep getting untied every like 30ish minutes after double knotting it. Cant triple knot it because after a while the lacing will get loose and there's some heel slippage. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem. 

kind of weird since the highs got nothing but praise and the tractions pretty much the same

is the rubber compound different?

Hows the traction for you? Ive been seeing some mixed reviews of the traction and im still debating if I should get a pair or stick with my clb
Traction was great! Didn't even think of it once during full court play. (you can also note the court compound in my image above)

does that court ever get slippery outside of someone spilling some canola oil on it? :lol:

love playing in those courts

ALEXANDER WANG X ADIDAS ORIGINALS BBALL BOOST R SICKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!

VIDEO ON FOOT BELOW FROM "The Camp0UT" .

Last edited:
does that court ever get slippery outside of someone spilling some canola oil on it? :lol:

love playing in those courts
i know, right? Worse thing is the lack of bounce/cushion built in to the tiles/rubber or concrete below. That's where the boost helps.

ALEXANDER WANG X ADIDAS ORIGINALS BBALL BOOST R SICKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!

VIDEO ON FOOT BELOW FROM "The Camp0UT" .

Dope but this one says half size down haha.. It's been a mix. Full Size down, half size down, TTS, half size up. I've heard it all.

I ended up grabbing a 9 UK or a 9.5 US which is my True Sizing so hopefully i'll be good with sizing. This is probably one of my favorite releases thus far mostly due to the color blocking and look. And yes, I know it looks more so like the Ewings than it does the Forum hahah.

Back
Top Bottom