ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I went with my TTS (normal width) with these and it was super tight at first. Like my feet were suffocating and ****. Still played in them but wore thinner socks. Shoes broke in for me after at least 3-5 hours of playing time. I still feel some tightness when i do super hard cuts at times but thats about it. Otherwise, it feels awesome now and no major issue

Yeah I mean my size 8 broke in but it was still too tight which was why I went up the half size. So it seems that even with a normal width it’s the same issue on the sides while making those movements. What thin socks did you use because I haven’t found a pair of nike or adidas that is thin enough for that.

Wish I could help you fam but for the life of me no matter the model I just cant get the right fit no matter what when it comes to Adidas shoes.

I've seen TTS as the consensus on the CE17 PK, yet I have at least a thumbs width of space in the toebox area which is too much for my liking and quite noticeable while playing in them. Went both 1/2 size down and TTS on the D Rose 7....smaller size was no good, toes were smashed together and TTS I think I had a thumbs width of room in those as well.

Too bad they don't make their shoes in 1/4 increments lol.

Yeah man I really wanna be able to play in these because I like them so much and everything else in them is good the bounce the cushion and the grip but I don’t want to murder my feet just to use them. It’s been the worse break in for a shoe I’ve ever had.

EG with the game winner last night
gettyimages-866410786.jpg

Nice colorway. Wish CE 16 lows had made it to miadidas.

Aren't those supposed to be knee pads in his tights and not upper shin pads?

Just curious, what's it really like playing in the Crazylight 2016s? When I tried them they were way too long to play in and felt super damn firm, felt like I was playing on a brick. But it could be that particular pair, is it at least comparable to the Crazy explosives?

They break in but they are definitely firmer than the Hardens, 2016 and 2017 CEs. For firmness they go

2016 CE < 2017 CE < Hardens < Crazylight 16

Just curious, what's it really like playing in the Crazylight 2016s? When I tried them they were way too long to play in and felt super damn firm, felt like I was playing on a brick. But it could be that particular pair, is it at least comparable to the Crazy explosives?

I went down a full size in them, when I put them next to my other TTS shoes they are about equal in length/width and the weight is greatly reduced.

Some people went a half size down. I'd probably recommend that for most people as I personally like a super snug fit and that's why I went down a full size.

I honestly don't know how anyone could play in them TTS.

They are a shoe you need to break in for sure too.

They are firm because they are a guard shoe and a lot of guards don't like the mushy feeling of softer cushion, because when your foot sinks in it delays the push off and thus, your speed.

I thought the CLB was fine boost wise, yes it's a bit firmer than the CE but still full length boost.

I went down a full size in them, when I put them next to my other TTS shoes they are about equal in length/width and the weight is greatly reduced.

Some people went a half size down. I'd probably recommend that for most people as I personally like a super snug fit and that's why I went down a full size.

I honestly don't know how anyone could play in them TTS.

Agreed, they're very long and narrow. I went half size down and it's still too long and the heel lockdown wasn't great. I would have gone a full size down but they were already too narrow for my wide feet, wouldn't have fit a full size down. Once I did the extra lace loop trick the lockdown was great but felt like there was some minor pinching around the top of my ankle. Once you've broken them in they're great and I really like them. If they had the CE lockdown they'd be my favourites by far. The traction on them is insane.

I went the same size in my CE 17s as I did for the CLB and they're a much better fit, yet both are 1/2 size down on my TTS. Adidas sizing is just ridiculously erratic.

Noticing some light feathering in the soles around my heels, will take a photo later tonight. Nothing serious that is affecting traction, and it's something I expected at some point with the translucent outsole, but it's disappointing that after 3-4 games it's already starting.

So here's the light feathering I'm getting on the outside of the heel of my CE17s. This is after 3-4 games.

Attachments

• ce17_feathering.jpg
    ce17_feathering.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 29
So here's the light feathering I'm getting on the outside of the heel of my CE17s. This is after 3-4 games.

Probably played in my CE 2016 Lows about 10 times and my traction started to peel a little. The boost has firmed up a little as well (I have a really sensitive forefoot) and the insole is so cheap and flimsy.

I did an insole swap and it helped but I'm a little choked about the peeling traction. It's just a little bit now but I'm a little worried about wearing them more and making them worse so they're just sitting in my closet. I know shoes are meant to be worn but it's a little disappointing after 10 wears (some shoot arounds, some 2 hr sessions of pickup, and some tournament games)

Probably played in my CE 2016 Lows about 10 times and my traction started to peel a little. The boost has firmed up a little as well (I have a really sensitive forefoot) and the insole is so cheap and flimsy.

I did an insole swap and it helped but I'm a little choked about the peeling traction. It's just a little bit now but I'm a little worried about wearing them more and making them worse so they're just sitting in my closet. I know shoes are meant to be worn but it's a little disappointing after 10 wears (some shoot arounds, some 2 hr sessions of pickup, and some tournament games)
If any of you are still within the return window, I would swap for the 2017 CE PK colorways with the solid outsole. Way better traction/outsole durability. Feels sorta like thr Continental rubber on my UltraBoosts.

If I could I'd probably try. Solid outsole colourways weren't offered locally by adidas here - only khaki/grey were available and both have translucent outsoles.

Can anyone confirm if there are any differences between the cushion on the 2016 and 2017 crazy explosives?

Some of the reviewers said the cushion on the 17 is just a little more firm?

Can anyone confirm if there are any differences between the cushion on the 2016 and 2017 crazy explosives?

From what I've felt, yeah a little more firm.

yeah they kinda are, not that big of a deal, shoe feels a lot more stable and has a much better fit

Back
Top Bottom