ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I've never seen a outsole peel from indoor wear so quickly before

I wonder if they're reworking the outsole compound

Last edited:
What do you guys recommend for someone with wide feet? Most adidas dont fit my feet well. I have flat feet(and had acl reconstruction couple years ago) so my feet hurt most times I run after a few minutes even, so I am looking for something to maybe help this a bit

What do you guys recommend for someone with wide feet? Most adidas dont fit my feet well. I have flat feet(and had acl reconstruction couple years ago) so my feet hurt most times I run after a few minutes even, so I am looking for something to maybe help this a bit

I suggest you look at the Lebron XV, I have pair and they a crazy comfortable with a lot of protection. Also good for wide feet people, cause the flyknit upper material stretches.

Night wing is right for $200 I woundlnt expect the rubber to rip like that if he used them in a indoor court. That's seems very odd to me.

Have wide feet and have no issues with the CE17, went 1/2 size down and fit is excellent. CLB16s I had to go half size down and still are very narrow and really too long.

FSR of Gauntlet CE 17 PK
https://revupsports.com/adidas-crazy-explosive-gauntlet-shoe-men-s-basketball
adidas_crazy_explosive_gauntlet_shoe_-_mens_basketball_da9712_core_black-gold_metallic-mid_grey_22.jpg

Have wide feet and have no issues with the CE17, went 1/2 size down and fit is excellent. CLB16s I had to go half size down and still are very narrow and really too long.
You have wide feet and fit in the CE17s half size down? You must be wearing the wrong size as your TTS man... I couldn't even put my foot in TTS without crying. Heck I even seen people with narrow feet only being able to go TTS because it was too narrow.

I'd go with the 2016 CE Lows, I have wide and flat feet, they are pretty damn good for us with them feets. Other one I'd recommend is probably the Harden Vol 1.

Crazylight boost 2018 would be good as well.

I'd go with the 2016 CE Lows, I have wide and flat feet, they are pretty damn good for us with them feets. Other one I'd recommend is probably the Harden Vol 1.
+1. I have really wide feet and the only adidas shoe that's worked for me has been the Harden Vol 1's.

I see a Brooklyn edition crazy 8 for $25 on this site I low key check. Being from Brooklyn I'm gonna buy it. But I wanted input from you Adidas heads, if it's a decent balling shoe.

I think the 90s basketball adidas wave is coming back. I'm sure addidas is gonna retro the eqt line as well.

Swaggy p was ready tonight.

Screenshot_2018-03-08-21-16-32.png

how in the world did Kobe played basketball on that fugly looking shoes?

You have wide feet and fit in the CE17s half size down? You must be wearing the wrong size as your TTS man... I couldn't even put my foot in TTS without crying. Heck I even seen people with narrow feet only being able to go TTS because it was too narrow.

I think I just have really weird feet. 11.5 is my usual, which is perfect because I need the width and I end up with about a thumb gap at the toe. I tried the CE17s in an 12 (thought they'd be tighter) and 11.5 and both had too much room at the toebox for me. Size 11 in the CE17 though fits like a glove. Dame 4s I tried 12 which felt like clown shoes and 11 which was a little tight but still too long.

Adidas sizing is the only thing I can never get right, they're usually too long which is why I go half down on them. But if I go half down on a pair of Nike's they feel like they're crushing the broad of my foot. Never have issues with 11.5s in anything else I wear but the Adidas hoops shoes never fit the way I think they will.

I think I just have really weird feet. 11.5 is my usual, which is perfect because I need the width and I end up with about a thumb gap at the toe. I tried the CE17s in an 12 (thought they'd be tighter) and 11.5 and both had too much room at the toebox for me. Size 11 in the CE17 though fits like a glove. Dame 4s I tried 12 which felt like clown shoes and 11 which was a little tight but still too long.

Adidas sizing is the only thing I can never get right, they're usually too long which is why I go half down on them. But if I go half down on a pair of Nike's they feel like they're crushing the broad of my foot. Never have issues with 11.5s in anything else I wear but the Adidas hoops shoes never fit the way I think they will.
I have the exact problem as you with adidas shoes. If i get tts, it fits good width wise but a bit too long which ends up with movement in the shoe. If I go down half a size from my tts then I end up with a suffocating width fit. Which is the problem I had with my Crazy Explosive 2016 and it got a lot worse after I using it for awhile because the material starts to get stretch out. I have since retired that shoe and wore mostly my rare metal lightnings which personally one of the best fitting shoe for me in a long time.

Last edited:
I have slightly wide feet and Crazy Explosives TTS works for me. The 2016 is a bit wider than the 2017, and the lows are more snug in both. Rose 6 in certain colorways(they all have different uppers), like the white version, fit. I hear the Harden Vol. 1 fits wide as well.

i'm wondering who would buy the casual version of the byw when you can get the basketball version, which looks exactly the same except the colors, and it does both, being a hoop shoe and a casual shoe?

that's the thing, you can't get the bball version :lol:

and the bball version is vastly better than the casual, the knit ankle collar gets rids of that awkward silhouette

i'm wondering who would buy the casual version of the byw when you can get the basketball version, which looks exactly the same except the colors, and it does both, being a hoop shoe and a casual shoe?
You would buy the casual because you like the look of it lol. Pretty simple honestly. Personally I don't wear my ball sneakers as causal sneakers. I like how the byw casual look for off court just like I like the byw x for on court but wouldn't wear them casually. Most people don't agree with me on the byw casuals since they are still sitting and was able to get them on discount after a few weeks which isn't that bad imo.

They don’t look exactly the same. The uppers are completely different and the boost setup is different.

Back
Top Bottom