ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I'm pretty down for a straight trade... this gives me hope so I guess i'll give it a shot, thanks dude! The consensus on sizing forthe Y3s was half size down from UB correct?

I wear a 9.5 or 10 in UBs and my Y3s are 8.5

Yeah I'm pretty down for a straight trade... this gives me hope so I guess i'll give it a shot, thanks dude! The consensus on sizing forthe Y3s was half size down from UB correct?
Yeah, half to a full depending on the fit you want...  I know tank mentioned that 8.5 was snug fit compared to his 9 and he is 9.5 in UBs.

Anybody copping these.  Uncaged they could be 
smokin.gif

http://www.drome.co.uk/adidas-originals-pure-boost-zg-limited-edition-trainer-097596
Hadn't seen these ZGs yet. Pretty nice. UK tends to get the better colorways first, in men's and women's ZGs.

Anybody know if you'd be able to take an X-acto knife and cut just the side cage off? 
Thanks bro. Is it a lighter green or darker in person lol and 1 more question does it seem like it would be difficult to remove strap. Thanks thats all the questions I have.
Just used sharp scissors to take off plastic cage. It is woven into the 2nd and 3rd eyelets so if you remove the thread, those eyelets are going to be separated from the shoe. They are still secured by the 1st and 4th eyelet area. There is also threading in the middle of the shoe so that threading will need to come off. Once those 5 points are off, all that will be left will be below. Oh and of course you have to cut area between boost and cage at the sole.

Just used sharp scissors to take off plastic cage. It is woven into the 2nd and 3rd eyelets so if you remove the thread, those eyelets are going to be separated from the shoe. They are still secured by the 1st and 4th eyelet area. There is also threading in the middle of the shoe so that threading will need to come off. Once those 5 points are off, all that will be left will be below. Oh and of course you have to cut area between boost and cage at the sole.
I managed to get these for £20 under retail at Zalando (UK) and they are on the way to me now. They look good without the cage, but I'm worried I would ruin the shoe by attempting it. I got these laces for them as well.

I managed to get these for £20 under retail at Zalando (UK) and they are on the way to me now. They look good without the cage, but I'm worried I would ruin the shoe by attempting it. I got these laces for them as well.
That was my first "custom" and didn't have much issues. It's literally just being careful not to cut the knit. It's easier if you have the correct tools but I got bored haha.

Just be sure if you do it to pull a little of the cage away from the knit ever so slightly to reveal the threading then cut that. Thread is black so you shouldn't get it confused with the knit.

Nice laces btw. Might have to borrow that inspiration
wink.gif

Just had the black/white pure boost ZG's in hand. Gotta say they feel nice...the black sole sitting under the boost gives it a nice touch too. Might have to scoop a pair.

More pics of the side of the shoe and what threads u had to cut please?

These look much better without the strap

More pics of the side of the shoe and what threads u had to cut please?

These look much better without the strap
Use a thread cutter on these 5 points: each side of the 2nd/3rd eyelets and the top of the shoe. then use a razor for red rectangles. I recommend tugging ever so slightly on each cut so it slightly separates the black thread from the knit:

No ******* way, I added a 10.5 in my cart when it went live, and got hit with the OOS. oh well, the search for a 10.5 continues.

Back
Top Bottom