ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

They're dope but I'm worried about the heel cup scratching easily. I don't think using a magic eraser will work as it does with other color ways.
I was wondering how people got the scratches out of the heel cup... Do you just use a Mr Clean Magic Eraser?

Was really excited for the silver olympic.. And then realized how easily the heel cup would scratch.. And also.. The bling factor would make a difficult thing to choose matching pants or outfit. Therefore.. Moneyy savedddd. Until 2017 UB..

Was really excited for the silver olympic.. And then realized how easily the heel cup would scratch.. And also.. The bling factor would make a difficult thing to choose matching pants or outfit. Therefore.. Moneyy savedddd. Until 2017 UB..
I feel that. Missed out on DS OGs for $220 earlier today, took it as a sign instead of salt. 2017 can't get here early enough...

has anyone done a laceswap on their uncageds?

i was about to wear mine today, but when i laced em up they were incredibly too long.

i want some solid black ropes if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Have we reached a conclusion about the Ace16 Purecontrol sizing? Adidas TTS, .5 up (standard UB) or an additional .5 up from UB size (1 up from Adi TTS)?

Low-key fiending for a pair

Damn...  Too many UBU CW coming out...  I want an actual RED one... 
Been forcing myself to "hate" the uncaged releases but it's getting harder and harder with the olives/navy releasing soon. Going to try to pass on all uncaged and save money for the 2017 releases
eyes.gif

Last edited:

Been forcing myself to "hate" the uncaged releases but it's getting harder and harder with the olives/navy releasing soon. Going to try tp pass on all uncaged  and save money for the 2017 releases
eyes.gif
It is easy for me since I know how they feel on foot...  I do want to keep 1 tho just like NMDs.  
laugh.gif
  Im still debating if Im returning the black I got or not.  I'll wait til I get white on hand tomorrow to decide and then return 1 of them on the weekend.  
laugh.gif
 I still have a week to decide... 

Last edited:
Really diggin the white uncaged. Prolly gonna keep them but 1 thing thats kind of irrating is one of the collars has a dirt line on the side and a smudge on the back. Again this is not a big deal and Im not a reseller and small compared to what will come when I actually wear them but still..... Lol its the principle. Hard to tell in pics looks more defined in person.

View media item 2107690View media item 2107691

Last edited:
Just got in my red uncaged in the CORRECT size. The sock feels MUCH better and the toe room up top feels just fine (identical to caged UB).

For those getting olives, There is NO need to .5sz down from your UB size. The sock will feel a lot more snug than if you go with your UB size.

The only way I can see a person sizing .5 down is if:

-The person doesn't know their correct shoe size

-Your big toe is a lot shorter than your 'index' toe (and you are measuring from your big toe and not your longest toe).

If you intend to wear the Uncaged longer than 2 hours, then I would recommend just staying with your UB size. If you .5sz down you take room off the top but you sacrifice a snugger sock. If you stick with UB size you have at most .25sz longer on the top (generous estimate) but the sock will feel more loose and less constricting.

going my usual UB size (0.5 size up from my TTS), and getting the same in uncaged, has an unbelievable amount of space in the toe box. No matter how less restricting the ankle collar is, having that much toe room is super uncomfortable. 

My suggestion is to get your TTS (0.5 size down from UB if you normally go 0.5 size up on UB), the ankle collar is tight at first but will likely loosen up. Rather a tight ankle collar which becomes more forgiving than going up 0.5 size like regular UB's and having that much toe space. That toe space isn't going to shrink. 

Last edited:

My triple black uncaged came in from ADC today.  Quality control on my pair is absolute ****.  I knew I shouldn't have returned my regular black uncaged.  I got some scratches on the boost and you can see some white coming through.  Both shoes seem to have something wrong with them.  I guess they're going back.  Waited in the loop crap too, to buy them lol.
My triple black uncaged also had some quality control issues.  Not the paint on the boost but the heel cage.  On the right shoe, the heel cage was squeezed tighter than usual where the back of the shoe is right from the box which causes the Primeknit to bunch up and squeeze out.  

Not sure if this is normal but my other uncaged UB do not have this issue.

local running shop got these in stock today!
sizing is diff tho.

i have UB eg/og triple white/creams in men's 8
uncaged ub grey in men's 8
these uncaged ub women's 8.5
So that's the actual released version, and not this? The teal heel counter looks a lot better than the striped white, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom