ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope I legitimately think 3.0 is the best version for running. Not as restrictive on the foot and very breathable upper. Running shoes don't need to feel like they're strangling your foot. I think people are thrown off my how much of a softer feel the 3.0 has on foot and they just assume it'd be bad for running. But my 3.0 aren't actually "loose", they keep my feet completely locked down.

Also, the changes adidas made to these shoes were all with the runner in mind.
 Running shoes should be snug in the heel and midfoot, with enough room in the front to wiggle your toes comfortably. 3.0's just feel loose all over.
I wouldn't run in any version of the UB. not enough support for me. ive tried it
laugh.gif
I wouldn't run long distances in UB's. I did for a while and my feet hated me for it. Not enough support like you've said. I usually run a cool down mile after weightlifting and UB's work okay for that.

Last edited:
 Running shoes should be snug in the heel and midfoot, with enough room in the front to wiggle your toes comfortably. 3.0's just feel loose all over.

I wouldn't run long distances in UB's. I did for a while and my feet hated me for it. Not enough support like you've said. I usually run a cool down mile after weightlifting and UB's work okay for that.
Exactly. I really don't suggest UB's in general for running unless you have perfect form and have a completely neutral gate needing no support whatsoever. But if I had to choose, I'd suggest 2.0 would be best out of the three versions but I would strongly recommend other brands for serious running. Most people have a slight degree of pronation so the mushiness of UB's midsoles coupled with their non-supportive uppers is much better for walking than running. Feels great for walking.
smokin.gif

Last edited:
I run in them, never had any issue. I'm not a serious long distance runner though. Usually just a few miles here & there.

it wasnt an issue at first for me so maybe if its not every day then its not that bad.

yup, sounds like we've had similar experiences.

Last edited:
Go to any road race with serious runners, and you will find very few UBs on feet.  Boost is usually represented, but with shoes like Supernova Glide and Response Boost.

I've put over 200 miles on these (mixing long and short distance runs). They're so beat I don't even bother cleaning them anymore. They work for casual running. I'd recommend getting fitted at a running shop if you are looking for long distance shoe.
We all know Hoka is THE running shoes if you can get pass the look 
roll.gif
  And yes, UBs are only good for couple milers...  Long Distance, not so much...  Longest ive ran using UBs is like 3-4 miles and thats not even hard core running...  Im slow as fuuuuu

Cant remember who but someone on FB (forgot the group) ran a marathon (not sure if it was half or full) with Wood Wood womens and that shiiii ended up bloody on the toe area... 
eek.gif

Last edited:

roll.gif
  And yes, UBs are only good for couple milers...  Long Distance, not so much...  Longest ive ran using UBs is like 3-4 miles and thats not even hard core running...  Im slow as fuuuuu
I've never heard of Hoka until now
ohwell.gif
. I tend to stick with New Balance. 1260 series is great for those with over-pronation issues.

ohwell.gif
. I tend to stick with New Balance. 1260 series is great for those with over-pronation issues.
Wait what?!  I was tempted to get one of those when I was running more last year but I hate running now so I just used up my Brooks Ghost 6 and did my final run on them...  I ride my bike or do stairs now...  

I ordered their $40 kit I believe with the cleaner and laundry bags and brush. Honestly since I was a kid I've always used shout/oxy clean and a tooth brush to clean rubber/leather/cloth material. Only thing their stuff is good for is nubuck and you can get much better nubuck/suede cleaner. All these new sneaker cleaning products are just hype. Crep is awesome though spray it on all my kicks.
Personally I use automotive interior products to clean my sneakers. They handle a wide variety of materials. 

If the product is good enough for a $5000 leather interior, I think it'll be safe for a pair of $180 shoes that is primarily fabric and plastic...

It's half the price of sneaker cleaners and you get 4x the product. And can be used for your car lol

roll.gif

ohwell.gif
Hokas feel so funny on feet with their early stage metarocker-  feels like you are running on stilts. Crazy cushioned but ridiculous looking
laugh.gif
. Brooks are the best running shoe brand IMO. Love their Biomogo DNA they use as their cushioning system- super adaptive.

Last edited:
I remember when $250 was asinine to think of spending. It was like pulling teeth trying to get me to pay $270 for my Olives. I almost walked.

like drisk said, $250-$300 is like retail now.
Then, I'll gladly retire with my 8 rotation with two back ups.  

I've put over 200 miles on these (mixing long and short distance runs). They're so beat I don't even bother cleaning them anymore. They work for casual running. I'd recommend getting fitted at a running shop if you are looking for long distance shoe.
That looks really good.  Your soles kept up well especially for a 1.0.  That's like 1/4th beat compared to mine.  Taking em to my grave. 

Back
Top Bottom