ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nice, what'd you paint the upper with? 

I'm actually painting the cages on my pair as we speak.
What kind of paint did u use? I was gonna do this exact same thing and do the boost as well
I used Dupli-Color - Vinyl & Fabric Paint. PK will remain soft as long as you do not saturate it. As for the cage I used the standard Black Angelus leather paint followed by a VERY LIGHT coat of Krylon Matte Finisher.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...1_-1&mn=Dupli-Color&mc=DPL&pt=N0477&ppt=C0171

^ok thanks for the info, so u sprayed the whole upper. I was gonna go by hand and just paint the gray areas.

May i suggest krylon flat black spray paint for the cage. Its an exact match for the heel cup, no finisher needed.

^ok thanks for the info, so u sprayed the whole upper. I was gonna go by hand and just paint the gray areas.

May i suggest krylon flat black spray paint for the cage. Its an exact match for the heel cup, no finisher needed.
Does krylon spray paint cause no chipping or peeling for the cage?

I taped off the Boost and the cage and then sprayed the entire upper. I hand painted the cage (only took 5mins) because I would have to re-tape certain parts of the shoe and that would take more time than hand painting it.

*IMPORTANT* If you plan on keeping the Boost white be sure to have the tape over lap on the Primeknit unless you are a pro at masking. After removing the tape I had a few areas that were still greyish so that's where I used a paint brush and Angelus.

FML Got an unauthorized chargeback on Paypal from a buyer that I've already sent the shoes to. Unfortunately even though I paid for the label through Paypal, I did not do signature confirmation but I do have the tracking information showing it was delivered to their Confirmed address. Likelihood of seeing my money or shoes again? 
@chrisnuggets  One main reasons I don't deal through eBay or marketplace anymore.

I taped off the Boost and the cage and then sprayed the entire upper. I hand painted the cage (only took 5mins) because I would have to re-tape certain parts of the shoe and that would take more time than hand painting it.
I was planning to use GAC 900 with angelus for the upper, I've had the gac for a long time but just never used it. 

FML Got an unauthorized chargeback on Paypal from a buyer that I've already sent the shoes to. Unfortunately even though I paid for the label through Paypal, I did not do signature confirmation but I do have the tracking information showing it was delivered to their Confirmed address. Likelihood of seeing my money or shoes again? 

That blows man. I'm always afraid of this Thats why I rather sell on goat even tho you have to pay fees

I was going to go that route but it sounded like would take too long.

Was this through ebay? I've had this before it's basically the person saying the account was unauthorized/stolen so it's really difficult to fight. I'd suggest to use GOAT to avoid situations like this.

I used Dupli-Color - Vinyl & Fabric Paint. PK will remain soft as long as you do not saturate it. As for the cage I used the standard Black Angelus leather paint followed by a VERY LIGHT coat of Krylon Matte Finisher.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...1_-1&mn=Dupli-Color&mc=DPL&pt=N0477&ppt=C0171

*IMPORTANT* If you plan on keeping the Boost white be sure to have the tape over lap on the Primeknit unless you are a pro at masking. After removing the tape I had a few areas that were still greyish so that's where I used a paint brush and Angelus.
I would've just gone ape sh*t with that spray since it does say it is for vinyl and fabric. Hahah. Just curious why you just didn't use that spray for the cage? I want to try it out now for cage and boost. Hmmm[emoji]129300[/emoji]

I would've just gone ape sh*t with that spray since it does say it is for vinyl and fabric. Hahah. Just curious why you just didn't use that spray for the cage? I want to try it out now for cage and boost. Hmmm[emoji]129300[/emoji]
I thought about it but had it not worked I would have been heated since they are DS. I might try it on a beater pair.

Back
Top Bottom