ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mail call. 
nthat.gif

Question for folks with experience in making customs:

If i wanted to make a "Hypebeast" custom should I start with CB or OG? Which knit is closest to HB? And i would start wth a used pair of either so dont fuss or hate.

Also is it possible to dye or paint the outsole white like HB

Last edited:

If i wanted to make a "Hypebeast" custom should I start with CB or OG? Which knit is closest to HB? And i would start wth a used pair of either so dont fuss or hate.

I would go for the CBs since they are more readily accessible, and there's really not much of a difference in the uppers between CB and OGs. 

Painting the outsole seems like a bad idea. Paint will chip off very easily. Not sure about dying though.

Last edited:

I was interested in buying a pair of the Hu NMD's. I was going to post in the NMD thread, but this is also the Boost thread and seems more active. I looked around and the consensus seems to be half size down right? I swear all of my shoes are split like 50-50 between 7 and 7 1/2 so I don't even know what my true size is. my Zebras and Belugas are 7 1/2 and my V1 are 7. My Ultra Boost size is different between 1.0 and 2.0, but I do wear size  7 in the 3.0s. I don't own any NMD's. The only ones I ever tried on were the PK XR1, which was 7.5 and was like a whole size too big. I have narrow feet. So... 7 seems like the correct size to buy in these right? 
Half size down should be fine. I've tried both sizes 9.5 and 10 Hu NMDs and the 9.5 had wiggle room. I wear a size 10 in UBs btw, which is my TTS.

You cant dye something white. Whatever you could use to make it white would eventually start to come off. Only thing i could think of that will last would be sole swaping the outsole. Oh, and please dont ruin some ogs lol

You cant dye something white. Whatever you could use to make it white would eventually start to come off. Only thing i could think of that will last would be sole swaping the outsole. Oh, and please dont ruin some ogs lol
i was looking at something called RubberBOND from Parasol. http://www.parasolinc.com/Products.asp?ProductID=RUBBERBOND

Apparently you can dye any rubberized substrate a variety of colors with this product because it chemically bonds with the rubber. I may give it a try on some old chucks to see if black rubber can be dyed white. 

The web pattern on ultra boosts would be a pain to avoid getting on the boost though but its alrrady white anyway I suppose

i'll probably go with CB since they can be had cheaper lol

Last edited:
Does anyone have more and none watermarked images of this parley ultra boost? i believe the style code is CP9685 but i'm not sure

This is my first custom, it was actually easier than anticipated. I started with a pair of core blacks and just painted the heel cup and cage white. It's a work in progress, I still need to spray on some finisher, and see how they hold up after a couple of wears.
Also, I ended up going to an Angelus authorized retailer and met a guy who had a custom sneaker store, he recommended I use spray paint next time because it does a better job sticking to plactic than acrylic paint.
View media item 2409277View media item 2409278View media item 2409280If you're trying to make custom Hypebeast, it's the same ask what I did above, only difference is uncageing it. That was my original plan, but I thought I would experiment and just paint the cage white in addition to the heel cups to see how it would look and ended up liking it a lot.

Last edited:
damn does this thread move fast. how can I make it so whenever I get to this thread I'm left off where I last commented?

damn does this thread move fast. how can I make it so whenever I get to this thread I'm left off where I last commented?

Are you on mobile? I go to where I'm subscribed and just click on the name of the thread and it takes me to the last place I read. If you click on the last arrow it'll take you to the most recent post

Back
Top Bottom