ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have no problems with Hypebeasts.

These are the folks I exploit reselling my 'worn once' shoes to for above retail.

Leasing shoes and making profit is great.

and ill openly admit that even though i own plenty of boost shoes, boost isnt my go to shoe for long days. squishier midsole doesnt always equate to more comfortable for all scenarios and responsiveness suffers because of that, which is the issue i have with the ultraboost. I posted this video in the past but its exactly how i feel about boost vs firmer midsole tech not just the alpha bounce

This is your every day, run in the mill bandwagon warrior fan type of dude. These folks come along with anything that is popular/successful so nothing to be surprised about there.

They are also the majority of the folks that line up to meet youtube people and get their UBs signed by strangers.

absolutely, but when you step out of the niketalk bubble, those guys are everywhere

COMFORT is the main reason I currently have at least 10 pair of boosts in my closet. That and the fact that they're just different. I'm glad I was able to get in there before the hype. Got my MC 3.0 pair (last pair hopefully) now so I'm good. I let my girl try on a pair and now she sees why I got rid of the majority of my Jordans that were sitting in my closet. Is there a nike shoe out there that matches the boost comfort? I was a fan of the roshe before I moved on to boost

It was quite amazing to see some NTers came out of shoe retirement to get into Boost Life. And also the occasional Joined before 2002 with less than 10 posts come out of hiding to inquire about UBs.

COMFORT is the main reason I currently have at least 10 pair of boosts in my closet. That and the fact that they're just different. I'm glad I was able to get in there before the hype. Got my MC 3.0 pair (last pair hopefully) now so I'm good. I let my girl try on a pair and now she sees why I got rid of the majority of my Jordans that were sitting in my closet. Is there a nike shoe out there that matches the boost comfort? I was a fan of the roshe before I moved on to boost

comfort is pretty subjective and depends on a lot of things. if the "squshiness" of the boost sole is what makes them comfortable to you then there arent many if any shoes that come right out of the box that way. For me though i own plenty of shoes that ive broken in thatll stack up to my ultra boosts and a few of them ill take over the ultraboost for long days. Alpha bounces and huaraches come to mind.

Pretty sure you're the one that brought it to my attention few months ago, and im just bringing it up again because we always go in cycles of what we talk about on here :lol:

touche, you're right. It just seems thats all people care about now.

So true

Bring back the burger talk

alphabounces are truly amazing. friend just gifted me a pair recently and have been wearing them often. people really need to learn to step outside their comfort zone on their own and not wait to follow trends all the time.

there are a lot of comfortable shoes that nike and other brands that compete with boost with regards to comfort, its a matter of actually giving them a chance without waiting for Kanye to wear them.

alphabounces are truly amazing. friend just gifted me a pair recently and have been wearing them often. people really need to learn to step outside their comfort zone on their own and not wait to follow trends all the time.

there are a lot of comfortable shoes that nike and other brands that compete with boost with regards to comfort, its a matter of actually giving them a chance without waiting for Kanye to wear them.
100% this, also some shoes require more than just trying them on before you get there.

I think we are wayyy past the kanye/UB connection in terms of hype. I have yet to see him wear a pair of 3.0s.

Hype of UBs is more on comfort level than anything at this point.

I think we are wayyy past the kanye/UB connection in terms of hype. I have yet to see him wear a pair of 3.0s.

You're completely missing the point I was making.

I think what he means is that ultra boosts aren't the end all be all when it comes to confort, you don't have to pigeon hold yourself to one brand, one shoe, or one tech or wait for the next "wave" to explore other shoes.

I just dont like the alphabounces. The silo doesnt look good to me. Ive tried on Lilliards with Bounce though, and those are nice.

I just dont like the alphabounces. The silo doesnt look good to me. Ive tried on Lilliards with Bounce though, and those are nice.

Understandable, I have 3 pairs including the OG pair and I probably have worn it more times than any shoe I've gotten in the past year

I like the silo of the alphabounce. I tried on one of the original runners with bounce and it felt great. Tried on the next years model and it didnt feel nearly as good. Also tried the Rose 773 IV which had bounce and still wasnt impressed.

You say step out of your comfort zone on your own but your AB's were a gift...slightly contradictory...I don't know any shoe heads that turn down new shoes lol.

You say step out of your comfort zone on your own but your AB's were a gift...slightly contradictory...I don't know any shoe heads that turn down new shoes lol.

Getting them As a gift is one thing, actively wearing them and giving them a chance is stepping out of your comfort zone though lol I've got Plenty of shoes I've gotten as gifts from friends and family that know nothing about shoes and I either give them away or they sit in the closest.

It was quite amazing to see some NTers came out of shoe retirement to get into Boost Life. And also the occasional Joined before 2002 with less than 10 posts come out of hiding to inquire about UBs.

I joined NT back in the day because of SBs. Friend told me to buy some ultra boosts, I bought a pair of 2.0's and have been back on niketalk since

My ADO day one crazy explosives are really comfy on the court. Have yet to have sore feet/blisters after ballin.

If I didn't have UBs as an option, I wouldn't mind rocking them for every day wear.

You're completely missing the point I was making.
Yea, I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

But all I know is people will gravitate towards the best there is out there if they have no knowledge or first-hand experience with shoes they are investing their money in through recommendation or here say.

I got these Xeno Alphabounces when they hit $50? and they're really comfortable. My only pair of ABs

adidas-alphabounce-xeno-6.jpg

I get a lot of compliments on them too. Cant justify paying retail on these tho. Might as well pay an extra $30 for Pure boosts or something

Back
Top Bottom