ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the kanye effect is obviously one of the biggest factors, but i doubt the pure boost would be as popular as the ub had he worn those out in public. just doesn't look that aesthetically pleasing.
Honestly I feel like whether or not Kanye had wore the ultraboost shoe it would've still gotten to this level of popularity at some point again. The technology is at the end of the day what makes it a really popular shoe for a lot of people right now, Kanye just made people more interested in it faster is all.

Last edited:
OG Purples or 3Ms? Cant decide. I know both would be the best answer but my pocket says otherwise.
I would do the 3m if I had to choose, I like the OG but it's just a core black with a purple heel cup, so you can always just cop a core black later

Honestly I feel like whether or not Kanye had wore the ultraboost shoe it would've still gotten to this level of popularity at some point again. The technology is at the end of the day what makes it a really popular shoe for a lot of people right now, Kanye just got made people more interested in it faster is all.
yup, kanye definitely brought over the hype, but at the end of the day a good shoe is gonna flourish regardless somehow. the ubs are comfy and they look sleek which is why i think it's the main reason why the line is doing so well. the pure boost would have nowhere near the same success even with kanye.

OG Purples or 3Ms? Cant decide. I know both would be the best answer but my pocket says otherwise.
Wait for them to drop a 3M/OG combo, those would be
pimp.gif

But in all seriousness, I'm biased and I have the 3M's so I'd go with those. Unless you're looking for a predominantly black upper like on the OG's cause the white knit on the 3M's is really noticeable.

I could return the unworn whites and keep the 3Ms and OG Purps. Lol And just wait for the continental whites later this year.

Honestly I feel like whether or not Kanye had wore the ultraboost shoe it would've still gotten to this level of popularity at some point again. The technology is at the end of the day what makes it a really popular shoe for a lot of people right now, Kanye just made people more interested in it faster is all.
LOL guess you werent they when they first dropped and were at outlets at BOGO prices and still could move huh?

I was disappointed with my grey wools and returned them. They look dope with an IG filter, but in real life they're pretty dull. All whites and/or creams are my targets.

Last edited:
I don't know, I think the Kanye factor is definitely helping.
I'd find it hard to believe that so many people are willing to shell out $180 for comfy shoes, I could see these selling in outlets and on sale but to sell at this rate for $180, I'm going to have to give Kanye some credit here.

I can't recall the last Nike shoe that did this well at such a high pricepoint. Even the touted Flyknit series will go on sale and they're priced at $150.

I'd find it hard to believe that so many people are willing to shell out $180 for comfy shoes, I could see these selling in outlets and on sale but to sell at this rate for $180, I'm going to have to give Kanye some credit here.

I can't recall the last Nike shoe that did this well at such a high pricepoint. Even the touted Flyknit series will go on sale and they're priced at $150.
I'm sure the Kanye factor is certainly not hurting, but I didn't know of the connection when I bought my first pair. I was a fan of the pure boost, and when these came out I said no way I'm dropping 180 on that, then after seeing it top all the '15 list of best shoes I decided to try them, and now I'm hooked

I agree, Kanye brought hype, recognition, and popularity to the shoes.  Once people gave it a chance, the technology, comfort, and overall look of the shoes kept them interested.  Though it seems people who tried the pure boosts first didn't need any convincing. 

Just stopped by sneaker junkies and got another pair of creams. As I walk out I see a guy running in the orange ones haha.

Guys, a trivia question ... what was the original Adidas boost shoe?  Was it the Pure Boost?  Why do you think it didn't take off like the Ultra Boost?  The Kanye effect coupled with the fact that he upper was not the knit fabric, but more like a neoprene? 
I'm pretty sure the first Boost shoe was the Energy Boost. It came out before Kanye had joined Adidas and was entirely marketed at runners.

LOL guess you werent they when they first dropped and were at outlets at BOGO prices and still could move huh?
You might have a point if it was a year after they dropped and we're still at BOGO prices, but like I said I think given enough time the success of the ultraboosts will still be the same just maybe not as fast if Kanye hadn't worn them. Also are you talking about the energy boosts or the ultraboosts? I'm talking about ultraboosts and they we're never at BOGO prices when they first dropped.

You might have a point if it was a year after they dropped and we're still at BOGO prices, but like I said I think given enough time the success of the ultraboosts will still be the same just maybe not as fast if Kanye hadn't worn them. Also are you talking about the energy boosts or the ultraboosts? I'm talking about ultraboosts and they we're never at BOGO prices when they first dropped.
lol welcome newbie... they were at bogo prices... you didnt know what they were because nobody gave them a second look until ye wore them

General question.. do you guys think Adidas released more than 200 pairs of the CNY UB's? Really salty I missed out on the random drop.

Back
Top Bottom