ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I took my 2.0 Black 3m reflective out tonight and removed the laces and thought long and hard about whether or not I should give uncaging them myself a shot. The pattern is better than this pattern even though very similar I think they would look pretty sick, especially if I punched holes for the laces. 

Has anyone uncaged ultraboosts themselves? I know how to do it but I'm wondering if you can give me a breakdown of how difficult it was, do you regret it, and if you would recommend trying it myself. I'm thinking if I'm going to do it I should try to find a really beat up pair and pick them up cheap and try it on them first as a practice run before I do it on a good pair.

The two pair I'm considering uncaging are the Black 3m reflective 2.0 and the White 1.0 (black rubber) 

-The reflective because the knit is cool looking and I think the cage actually takes away from it a little and it would look really unique without the cage.

-The white because they're my oldest and most beat up UB's (I did just take them to Jason Markk store and they look amazing though) and I could cop a new pair under retail from Winn if I **** it up or I dont like it.

Last edited:
Just doubled up on these. My favorite UB.
So did I earlier this year 
glasses.gif

So I took my 2.0 Black 3m reflective out tonight and removed the laces and thought long and hard about whether or not I should give uncaging them myself a shot. The pattern is better than this pattern even though very similar I think they would look pretty sick, especially if I punched holes for the laces. 

Has anyone uncaged ultraboosts themselves? I know how to do it but I'm wondering if you can give me a breakdown of how difficult it was, do you regret it, and if you would recommend trying it myself. I'm thinking if I'm going to do it I should try to find a really beat up pair and pick them up cheap and try it on them first as a practice run before I do it on a good pair.

The two pair I'm considering uncaging are the Black 3m reflective 2.0 and the White 1.0 (black rubber) 

-The reflective because the knit is cool looking and I think the cage actually takes away from it a little and it would look really unique without the cage.

-The white because they're my oldest and most beat up UB's (I did just take them to Jason Markk store and they look amazing though) and I could cop a new pair under retail from Winn if I **** it up or I dont like it.
very easy, watch HesKicks youtube.  theres tons of vids out there already.  just be careful not to cut into the knit. cage comes off very easily with a sharp exacto knife.

takes about 5-10 each side.

wow !! congrats !!

I was just trying to see how fast that I can do. (practice for bape EU release)

Well, look like I'm not fast enough. lol

Cop the UB 3.0 (first UB.) in Triple white.

Went TTS as I've heard people say the Knit is much more flexible this time. Hope it works out.

Last edited:
Scored 2 pairs as well! Since the sizing is always so weird in the ACE 16 + (some have inner cages, some don´t, some have a stiffer padding, some are really lose), i copped both sizes that would fit me the best. Out of all the 5 ACE models i have this is by far the one i was waiting for the most! That blacked outsole just kills this model > 1/500 is just ridiculous!

Scored 2 pairs as well! Since the sizing is always so weird in the ACE 16 + (some have inner cages, some don´t, some have a stiffer padding, some are really lose), i copped both sizes that would fit me the best. Out of all the 5 ACE models i have this is by far the one i was waiting for the most! That blacked outsole just kills this model > 1/500 is just ridiculous!
Thank bro!

you have a pm

@razytwo  

Nothing bro. Don't have my 3 pairs of CNY onhand yet. Kidding.
laugh.gif

Wheres your Kiths?
His Kith are still in transit to me since Kith uses Ecomony Super Saver NO-rush Horse Cargo shipping.

However once it arrives Weds, off to him they finally go.

Nah.

750 posts asking about how the RC ultraboost fit.
200 posts asking whether to size down 1/2 or 1 size for the 3.0.
100 posts about the olive 3.0
20 posts regarding confusion of TTS
20 posts new UB models/cw and other various boost-related discussion.
9 posts regarding the frustration of back-dooring.
1 post about the box color that TB 1.0 come in.

And ZERO about actually running in them... :tongue:

Has anyone run in the 3.0s?

I've added a pair of Adios 3s and UB2s to the 2017 running rotation... I also have the adizero Prime 1s, but I'm unsure of them right now. I'll be starting out the new year in the Adios 3s. I hope they perform well for me.

The ultra boost really lacks to me in running performance. I discussed this when the very first ultra boost dropped....should be in the start of this thread. But they are one of the GOAT shoes for casual wear or maybe if you don't pick up much speed.

The adios was actually one of my favorite training shoes. Not to much boost but just enough and my feet always felt good after workouts. Probably my favorite adidas model to train(run) in.

Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom