ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sorry if this has been answered already, but how is this done with acetone? is it difficult? very tempted to try but don't know the first thing about customizing. was always ****** and arts and crafts too lol 

sorry if this has been answered already, but how is this done with acetone? is it difficult? very tempted to try but don't know the first thing about customizing. was always ****** and arts and crafts too lol 
I just used regular nail polish remover (100% acetone) and q-tips. 

Maybe it's just me, and I ABSOLUTELY mean nothing personal against either of you, but I sorta see that as really disrespectful to the message the shoes were created to send. I just wouldn't feel right at all altering a gay pride shoe, just as I wouldn't alter a BHM or Kay Yow/Aunt Pearl/Breast Cancer Awareness pair. Now, if it's a case of double-up, and you keep one pair as-is and acetone the other, that's probably a different story.

Like I said, it's just my opinion, though.
Everyone has an opinion. I would say those are nothing but a gimmick and really just give them an extra release and marketing opportunity. If you want black ub's with a white heel cup these are a good option. People make everything out to be disrespectful and offensive. You're paying adidas for a pair of shoes that they used to expand their market and acting like you owe that vehicle respect for a cause that really has nothing to do with their business. These aren't pieces of art, they're the same UB's produced in a factory. Even if it was art, once you purchase it you're free to do as you wish. If it was charitable, the charity portion ends for the consumer once the money is given. If you bought these to show solidarity, then you wasted $200 when all you had to was be a decent person. Wearing a pair of basketball or golf shoes doesn't make you a player, it's your actions that make the difference.
Also, the "if you doubled up" addition makes no sense for the reasoning but I'll leave it at that because this is the Internet and it can be an awful and frustrating place.

Last edited:
Everyone has an opinion. I would say those are nothing but a gimmick and really just give them an extra release and marketing opportunity. If you want black ub's with a white heel cup these are a good option. People make everything out to be disrespectful and offensive. You're paying adidas for a pair of shoes that they used to expand their market and acting like you owe that vehicle respect for a cause that really has nothing to do with their business. These aren't pieces of art, they're the same UB's produced in a factory. Even if it was art, once you purchase it you're free to do as you wish. If it was charitable, the charity portion ends for the consumer once the money is given. If you bought these to show solidarity, then you wasted $200 when all you had to was be a decent person. Wearing a pair of basketball or golf shoes doesn't make you a player, it's your actions that make the difference.
Also, the "if you doubled up" addition makes no sense for the reasoning but I'll leave it at that because this is the Internet and it can be an awful and frustrating place.
What about them capitalizing on "Gay Pride"?

Repped!

I knew someone ignorant would find a way to get offended from people who removed the colors on the Pride just like there were ignorant people offended by adidas even making a shoe that supports LGBTQ community.

Its a damn shoe and if you take a simple action like customizing a shoe or offering a shoe to some kind of extreme conclusion youre no better than the other side you disagree with. Both sides have their overly sensitive folk. I can customize a shoe and not be homophobic or anti LGBT. Black with white heel cup is a rare combination and some dont want to pay WW or HB prices

Last edited:
what's the best way to clean a boost shoe without going out and buying any product? mainly need to remove dirt from the knit and clean the midsole.

what's the best way to clean a boost shoe without going out and buying any product? mainly need to remove dirt from the knit and clean the midsole.
The OG method was using a Washing machine on gentle cycle. Maybe use a pillow case and take the laces out before. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow, didn't intend to light y'alls undies on fire, lol. So, to be clear, all the people who have no problem buying a pair of Gay Prides to remove the rainbow coloration wouldn't have a problem acetoning off BHM decoration, cancer awareness pink or the designs on a Doernbecher Nike? Just want to make sure.

And chrisnuggets chrisnuggets , thanks for the personal attack. You may want to look up the definition of the word "ignorant" before you throw the term at someone before immediately following it up with saying that "both sides have their overly sensitive folk."

I have gay friends who attempted suicide because they were so terrified to come out to their families and friends. Times weren't always as "accepting" of gays and lesbians as they are now, and even today there are a LOT of people right here in the US who straight-up hate homosexuals, some who even wish -- or attempt to enact -- violence against them.

So, yeah, it does raise questions to me when someone will spend $200 for a shoe that has a purpose of promoting gay equality and acceptance only to completely strip the shoe of its meaning.

And I'd be saying the same thing if I was in a Nike thread where ppl were talking about removing the rainbow from a Be True shoe, too, or any of the other examples I gave.

As for the argument about wanting a black UB w/ white heel cage, sz 8.5-10 of these are in-stock on ADC. Have you thought of just buying them and painting the heel cup white?

Last edited:
Wow, didn't intend to light y'alls undies on fire, lol. So, to be clear, all the people who have no problem buying a pair of Gay Prides to remove the rainbow coloration wouldn't have a problem acetoning off BHM decoration, cancer awareness pink or the designs on a Doernbecher Nike? Just want to make sure.

And chrisnuggets chrisnuggets , thanks for the personal attack. You may want to look up the definition of the word "ignorant" before you throw the term at someone before immediately following it up with saying that "both sides have their overly sensitive folk."

I have gay friends who attempted suicide because they were so terrified to come out to their families and friends. Times weren't always as "accepting" of gays and lesbians as they are now, and even today there are a LOT of people right here in the US who straight-up hate homosexuals, some who even wish -- or attempt to enact -- violence against them.

So, yeah, it does raise questions to me when someone will spend $200 for a shoe that has a purpose of promoting gay equality and acceptance only to completely strip the shoe of its meaning.

And I'd be saying the same thing if I was in a Nike thread where ppl were talking about removing the rainbow from a Be True shoe, too, or any of the other examples I gave.

As for the argument about wanting a black UB w/ white heel cage, sz 8.5-10 of these are in-stock on ADC. Have you thought of just buying them and painting the heel cup white?

Easier to remove than to paint.

And @chrisnuggets, thanks for the personal attack. You may want to look up the definition of the word "ignorant" before you throw the term at someone before immediately following it up with saying that "both sides have their overly sensitive folk."

I stand by my use of the word ignorant because you are assuming the intent of people who are chstomizing the shoe as malicious and part of the society that hates people for their sexuality. That assumption makes you as ignorant as the other side that actually does discriminate based on sexuality

And @chrisnuggets, thanks for the personal attack. You may want to look up the definition of the word "ignorant" before you throw the term at someone before immediately following it up with saying that "both sides have their overly sensitive folk."

dude they jsut want good looking shoes dont need to be all offeneded and triggered by it. No one is removing it because they dont like gays only to make it look better. And if they are who cares its their beliefs and choice 

Just cuz you removed the color paint on the heel of the UB Prides, it's considered to be disrespectful to the LBGT community

You gotta be kidding me right!?

Back
Top Bottom