ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regular drug store-grade nail polish remover, and some of those make-up removal flat cotton pads my wife has. I prefer weaker acetone for this, it lessens the chance of staining the primeknit or yellowing the boost. I didn't tape anything off, just take your time and you'll be fine.

thanks man! Gotta grab my wife's stuff too lol. Will definitely try

I stand by my use of the word ignorant because you are assuming the intent of people who are chstomizing the shoe as malicious and part of the society that hates people for their sexuality. That assumption makes you as ignorant as the other side that actually does discriminate based on sexuality

et. al....

I'll make this my last post on this: I never said there was any ill intent by the people removing the coloration. In fact, I thought I made that pretty clear in both my initial and follow-up posts about this. All I said was that *I* saw it as disregarding and disrespecting the message the shoe was made for. I mean, it is Pride Month, afterall, which is why the shoes were relased in June. So even though I'm absolutely positive the intent of the customization was never "F the gays, I don't want this f** garbage on my shoes," I just thought it strange that I haven't seen anyone take a "statement" shoe like this and completely take away its meaning before. That's all. And I haven't seen anyone say they customized the Blk/Wht GR UB with a white heel cup, so it seems to me this only became a thing with the Prides.

And I actually find it hilarious that people are saying I was "triggered," (which I guess is the hot-take, free-speech, alt-right-buzzword of the moment) when my one post set off at least 5 users into attacking me, my intent with my post and the intentions of Adidas for even making the things, :lol: (kinda reminds me of ridiculous defensive "reverse racism" arguments people start when someone tells them they said something that could be interpreted as racist)

Anyway, y'all do you. I am certainly not judging you as people because you acetone the shoes; I just disagree with the action itself, is all. Enjoy the kicks.

et. al....

I'll make this my last post on this: I never said there was any ill intent by the people removing the coloration. In fact, I thought I made that pretty clear in both my initial and follow-up posts about this. All I said was that *I* saw it as disregarding and disrespecting the message the shoe was made for. I mean, it is Pride Month, afterall, which is why the shoes were relased in June. So even though I'm absolutely positive the intent of the customization was never "F the gays, I don't want this f** garbage on my shoes," I just thought it strange that I haven't seen anyone take a "statement" shoe like this and completely take away its meaning before. That's all. And I haven't seen anyone say they customized the Blk/Wht GR UB with a white heel cup, so it seems to me this only became a thing with the Prides.

And I actually find it hilarious that people are saying I was "triggered," (which I guess is the hot-take, free-speech, alt-right-buzzword of the moment) when my one post set off at least 5 users into attacking me, my intent with my post and the intentions of Adidas for even making the things,
laugh.gif
(kinda reminds me of ridiculous defensive "reverse racism" arguments people start when someone tells them they said something that could be interpreted as racist)

Anyway, y'all do you. I am certainly not judging you as people because you acetone the shoes; I just disagree with the action itself, is all. Enjoy the kicks.
c'mon man, you're reading too much into rainbow branding.   

i haven't asked my gay co-workers yet, but based on a quick search online, gay ppl really dgaf about buying **** with rainbows on them.  

http://www.thedailybeast.com/lets-stop-buying-the-lgbt-rainbow

i'm asian and married a chinese women... i wouldn't be offended if folks customized a cny ub.  

it's just a shoe you wear on your guddam feet.

So dope to see success with the color spot removal on the Prides. Today's project for sure as soon as the FedEx guy drops them off lol.

FullMax97 FullMax97 I agree, the OK EQT is ranking as the top collab so far for me too. They're soooo clean on feet

Anyone know footlockers return policy with no receipt ?

Bought from store? If you bought using your VIP act, they should be able to look it up. If store bought, each store has different policy. If online, just ask to resend the receipt ot print your order confirmation.

Bought from store? If you bought using your VIP act, they should be able to look it up. If store bought, each store has different policy. If online, just ask to resend the receipt ot print your order confirmation.
It was in store .. so do I have to go to the same store I purchased for from ?

Wow, didn't intend to light y'alls undies on fire, lol. So, to be clear, all the people who have no problem buying a pair of Gay Prides to remove the rainbow coloration wouldn't have a problem acetoning off BHM decoration, cancer awareness pink or the designs on a Doernbecher Nike?

I have gay friends who attempted suicide because they were so terrified to come out to their families and friends. Times weren't always as "accepting" of gays and lesbians as they are now, and even today there are a LOT of people right here in the US who straight-up hate homosexuals, some who even wish -- or attempt to enact -- violence against them.

So, yeah, it does raise questions to me when someone will spend $200 for a shoe that has a purpose of promoting gay equality and acceptance only to completely strip the shoe of its meaning.

And I'd be saying the same thing if I was in a Nike thread where ppl were talking about removing the rainbow from a Be True shoe, too, or any of the other examples I gave
Hopefully what I said didn't come off as disprespectful to anybody, had a point i was trying to make and just so happened it had to do with your post. Either way though, all of those you mentioned are just marketing gimmicks- and I appreciate what some of these releases mention (bhm, cancer, gay pride) but for me it's really just a marketing ploy to gain brand loyalty and extend their reach. My point is that buying/wearing these shoes doesn't really do anything in the grand scheme of things, it's about our actions and how we treat people (cancer research does require funding so that's a little different). On one hand, you have many intolerant people that claim tradition or religion as their reasoning (as selective and hypocritical as some can be at times). But on the other hand, you have a lot of people that claim to embrace acceptance and preach equality while simultaneously posting negative and hateful things about the very people they're saying should be tolerant. It has to go both ways, accept the ignorant for who they are because this hatred and negativity (look no further than the political atmosphere for the last decade) is doing nothing but exacerbating the problem. End of another rant, and back to the shoes (mc's are a must)

Understand the point you're trying to make now, and I can understand how you would think that even if I don't agree with it.

Repped for defending your perspective
OK EQT go hard as hell

Top collab of 2017 so far for me
Yea they are dope, I hope my size 12 don't get no $2000 offer on goat like it did with the wood woods I wore though, like em but not for that much :lol:

Wow who would have thought 1 1/2 year ago when the SNS 1.0's dropped that I would be offered to trade my worn twice pair for a ds pair of pirate black v1 Yeezys. I know for a fact that the Yeezys are real since I know the guy who asked me to trade. He works as a purchaser at one of our european Adidas consortium stores. He's been after my pair of SNS for a year now lol.

Wow who would have thought 1 1/2 year ago when the SNS 1.0's dropped that I would be offered to trade my worn twice pair for a ds pair of pirate black v1 Yeezys. I know for a fact that the Yeezys are real since I know the guy who asked me to trade. He works as a purchaser at one of our european Adidas consortium stores. He's been after my pair of SNS for a year now lol.
If he works at a consortium account how the hell didn't he touch a pair?

et. al....

And I actually find it hilarious that people are saying I was "triggered," (which I guess is the hot-take, free-speech, alt-right-buzzword of the moment) when my one post set off at least 5 users into attacking me, my intent with my post and the intentions of Adidas for even making the things,
laugh.gif
(kinda reminds me of ridiculous defensive "reverse racism" arguments people start when someone tells them they said something that could be interpreted as racist)

I understand your pov with more context now but I also still disagree that it is disrespectful in action. I apologize for using the word ignorant since that was not your underlying assumption

At the same time I dont think your friends or any of mine who are gay would condense their movement for acceptance or their sexuality into one shoe so there shouldnt be any offense taken unless someone did this as a hateful act at some kind of rally or something where intent and context definitely matters.

Also from what ive read there were some folks who are gay and thought the low effort by adidas to add rainbow dip n dots was weak and not really a strong design in the first place. No harm no foul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom