adidas BOUNCE thread - AlphaBOUNCE, ProBOUNCE, ExplosiveBOUNCE, MadBOUNCE, etc...

Which one comes with the rope laces (Tan)? those look way better than the flat ones.

Last edited:
how well the tan selling? Any left at adidas store in downtown sf?
my friend just told me champs at stonestown had them. the men's version too, didn't know they were already out.

how well the tan selling? Any left at adidas store in downtown sf?

FSR of women's sizes still up on ADC http://www.adidas.com/us/alphabounce-em-shoes/BW0325.html

Men's pre-order still up too http://www.adidas.com/us/alphabounce-em-shoes/BB9041.html

thanks. i meant info on the storefront of adidas in downtown SF westfield shopping center since i have the 20 off of the grey one to exchange.

View media item 2241762
I just copped these last night (women's sz11), hoping that they'll fit me (considering I wear a sz10 mens). I usually wear a men's sz10-10.5 in UB's, but some people were saying that the AB ran .5 big.

Can someone confirm sizing on AB for men and women's? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Just unboxed my Tan EMs and they look good, but unfortunately I'm just not sold on the comfort of the silhouette as a whole now that I have them in hand. These were my first pair of Alphabounce and I wasn't expecting plush cushioning but these just felt too hard and bulky for me personally. They also feel pretty heavy which took me by surprise. Oh well, back to ADC they go.
I think this version of the bounce cushion benefits heavier guys the most. If you're more on the slim side (170 or lighter) the cushion doesn't respond well. They're not as soft as the lillard 2s bounce set up.

Just unboxed my Tan EMs and they look good, but unfortunately I'm just not sold on the comfort of the silhouette as a whole now that I have them in hand. These were my first pair of Alphabounce and I wasn't expecting plush cushioning but these just felt too hard and bulky for me personally. They also feel pretty heavy which took me by surprise. Oh well, back to ADC they go.

Like mentioned before, break in needed.

I think this version of the bounce cushion benefits heavier guys the most. If you're more on the slim side (170 or lighter) the cushion doesn't respond well. They're not as soft as the lillard 2s bounce set up.

There may be some truth to this. I'm 6'4" 240 and I get great "bounce" out of my OGs. Although @Picasso Swerve isn't nearly as heavy and I am and can attest to the comfort too.

People mentioned break in is required for the AB. I had the same initial impression as you.
Yeah they were a bit of a disappointment since I was looking forward to the cw for a while. Did you end up keeping them or did you send them back as well?

Last edited:
I'm definitely a lighter guy so this most likely has something to do with how my weight responds to the cushioning on the Alphabounce.  
Like mentioned before, break in needed.
There may be some truth to this. I'm 6'4" 240 and I get great "bounce" out of my OGs. Although @Picasso Swerve isn't nearly as heavy and I am and can attest to the comfort too.
I tried them on again and walked around a bit before shipping them back to ADC and noticed the cushioning wasn't really my main concern with the shoe. The cushioning actually felt okay even though it's firm, but the shoe just felt too heavy to me. The actual bounce cushioning itself is weighty. On feet they felt clunky and wide, but maybe I just prefer a more form fitting shoe since I have a fairly narrow foot. My real issue with the shoe though is that it irritated my inner ankle bones as I walked since the inner sides of the shoe come up so high and are rigid. Curious if anyone else had this issue.

If these other issues didn't arise I would have had no problem spending the time to break them in since I really was a fan of the tan cw. Seems like the Alphabounce just isn't the shoe for me though.

I, for one, am enjoying these new ABs. I'm used to wearing Ultraboosts and NMDs all the time so the firmer Bounce sole is a nice alternative. I wouldn't run in most Boost shoes but I can run in these pretty comfortably.

Just ordered a 10.5 in women's. I wear a 10 in UBs but been reading Alphas run pretty large so hoping I'll be good.
wait... if you're a 10 in ub (that run small) and you ordered a 10.5 in alpha bounces that run large... it will be waaaay bigger that your ub.

I wear a size 12 ub and i need to wear a size 11 alpha bounce

Edit: just saw the womens size, disregard!

Last edited:
wait... if you're a 10 in ub (that run small) and you ordered a 10.5 in alpha bounces that run large... it will be waaaay bigger that your ub.

I wear a size 12 ub and i need to wear a size 11 alpha bounce
If it's women's 10.5 he's good. Half size down from UB size fits me perfectly.

Champs near me has all the EM colorways in Mens.

I must be the only one who thinks they look better in pictures than in person.

Back
Top Bottom