adidas Continues to Dominate the Market Vol. nike hold this kevin hart

I only do Jordan shoe shopping at the outlets. Thank you Adidas, hypebeasts and father time.

i never saw the issue with players taking money from ppl if the NCAA aint gonna pay him

that's another topic that needs to be covered now that the world is fascinated with this "shut up and play boy" mentality for the next week or so

If you told people without mentioning that the employees were college athletes, that an organization was making hundreds of millions off a work force that doesn't see any of it they'd say that was messed up. I used to believe like other people that free tuition and room and board were good enough rewards but the amount that the school makes off of sports is ridiculously high. Plus some of these coaches are being paid millions as school employees and state employees. I think nick saban was the highest paid state / government employee last year in the country.

Are we really suppose to believe Adidas had no idea bout this happening?

Dude was giving away six-figures and Adidas has no knowledge of it?

if you’ve ever worked in a big corporation, you would not be surprised how easily money get spent; and if an executive were savvy enough and was high up enough, it would not be difficult to obfuscate where money was actually going...it wouldn’t even have to be that purposefully deceptive though, all it really would take is some willful ignorance, people have been talking about the corruption out in “amateur athletics” and the sneaker companies part in it for time...

I've thought about that but I figure that $250k reported was just two cases that was reported and there are probably more cases like it so the amount would balloon up to a bigger amount that would be harder to ignore.

I'm just not buying it. I'm sure Nike's just as dirty but they are probably more careful and have been using some loopholes that would keep them off the records.

we’re talking about a system that has become somewhat de facto the cost of being in business, invest in grassroots athletics, seeding product, sponsoring camps/teams/tournaments, i mean it wouldn’t take much to make it look official, and for what it is worth it all is mostly being done in good faith; but what the 3rd parties do with the money/product provided & what deals/promises these 3rd party reps make on behalf of players/schools, or how they interact/their relationship with/to agents, the big sneaker companies aren’t necessarily always privy to, and if it is seen to be working...

Adidas built an empire that might just fall because of this scandal

be interesting to see what Nike stock does with the NBA gear dropping tomorrow

wonder if nike snitched in adidas with the college fiasco

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...50/the-story-how-fbi-brought-words-corruption

Adidas built an empire that might just fall because of this scandal

be interesting to see what Nike stock does with the NBA gear dropping tomorrow

highly unlikely the adidas “empire” will fall, i also think it is doubtful that the company will be found to at any significant fault, maybe they’ll get fined...but the problem(s) are structural and endemic to almost all of high profile amateur athletics...

when I say empire, I meant what they built in the last 2 years

this is the worst time for this

It's not like they'll stop making products or people will stop buying because of this.

biggest impact for Adidas...

Adidas is also impacted. One of its well-known executives, Gatto, is now a defendant in a criminal case in which he is accused of peddling his position with the apparel company to advance a criminal enterprise. Even if other sneaker company executives partake in similar kinds of misconduct, Adidas is the one with an executive who faces charges. That dynamic could damage the brand and the confidence placed in it by company investors. Also, given that Adidas is a publicly traded company, allegations against an Adidas executive might attract the unwanted attention of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Grimey lol

"
A staggering 98 percent of the current $39-million contract Adidas has with the University of Louisville has been paid to men's basketball coach Rick Pitino, Kentucky state records obtained by the Courier-Journal's Andrew Wolfson show.

Such contracts between apparel makers and big-name schools and coaches are not uncommon, but there is generally some expectation that a portion of the funds go to the respective university. In 2014-15 at Louisville, however, $1.5 million went to Pitino, while just $10,000 went to the school.

The Adidas angle remains a major component in the FBI's NCAA corruption investigation. A company executive was arrested in the probe, amid allegations Pitino helped arrange a $100,000 payment to blue-chip recruit Brian Bowen, facilitated by Adidas.

Louisville's five-year apparel deal with Adidas expires next July, when a new 10-year, $160 million pact is set to take effect. However, with Pitino's dismissal now a formality and the program ensnared in the scandal, the contract's future is unclear."

Back
Top Bottom