Adidas Donovan Mitchell Signature Shoes Thread- The D.O.N. Issue 2 already

i am definitely surprised Donovan got a sig real quick, hell even Harden didn't get a sig until the second year of his shoe deal

i don't remember Lillard but i dont think he got a sig shoe right away either

i am definitely surprised donovan got a sig real quick, hell even harden didn't get a sig until the second year of his shoe deal

i don't remember lillard but i dont think he got a sig shoe right away either

This is the second year of Mitchell's adidas contract. Harden was with Nike before adidas and it be interesting if he renewed with Nike.. Would PG13 and Giannis get signatures too?
The real Loser of this all is Andrew Wiggins. Before coming to the league he was supposed to be the $200M adidas man. Not only did he not get a signature Adidas didn't renew his contact lol.

i know its mitchells second season with the 3srtripes, it was still a quick sig considering it takes a while to design a shoe unless its just one of the upcoming shoes they already had and just gave it to mitchell(?)

he had a breakout rookie year but it wasn't guaranteed he can keep improving especially since he got hurt in the playoffs, upside is there but still a big gamble and he plays for a smaller market

i do think they like his personality and that squabble he had with simmons being a rookie last year, a nike guy (who might get a sig soon too iirc) so adidas backed up mitchell and made his those rookie hoodies :lol:

PG is about to get his 3rd sig shoe and giannis is coming very soon

wiggins wasn't the star they expected, i dont think he was going to get his sig, just be the face of their default bball shoes which was the explosives, hell that was actually originally john walls but then he left and became a free agent to find out he isn't worth as much as he thought and now back with adidas and probably wont get/continue his sig shoe now

Wall messed himself up for sure. Idk what he was thinking. But then again both of his adidas sigs were awful to me

crazy explosive is one of the best bball shoes adidas has ever made in recent memory though and that was all gon' be his so his sig would have been on the upswing since rose's was on the downswing, he could have been that second/third guy behind harden and he was getting the boost sigs

I don't hate it. I like the subtle three stripes on the outside. I didn't realize he was getting a sig.

I guess it's because he's a guard, but his second year? That's almost Lebron territory. He's getting a sig before Brow and Giannis with Nike, and he plays in Utah.

Not sure if it's good they're relying on players in Portland and Utah.

IMO they should concentrate more on making Harden's kicks visually appealing. They're blowing it.

they rushed Donovan's shoe into production after his rookie year, this could have been a lot better the more I look at it

usually a sig is a 3 year process

wonder if Dame's shoes aren't selling well and they are trying to make up for it

the heel cushion is definitely weird, i get it that it's what the current adidas bball line-ups aesthetic is but it just seems to add weight than serve any purpose, it owuld mak emore sense if it when up like a high top instead of flaring out unless mitchell just needs/wants a gigantic super cushioned pull tab?

also kind of a weird design choice that i just noticed but those wanna-be flywires are printed on :lol: so that yellow tape is there mainly for design too because i initially thought it was used for support for those wires to help with lacing

DveWzYPWkAA7Loi.jpg

back to wearing dames
DwhgDYbWwAElZ8o.jpg:large
Pretty sure he's always been wearing these in games. I'm under the impression that the issue one is a prototype that he's not going to wear in games until later in the year or next.

He's only worn the new ones on warm-up (I believe).

Back
Top Bottom