Adidas looking to sell Reebok for 2.2 billion to an investment group.....

A consortium of investors from Hong Kong and Abu Dhabi is launching a bid to buy Reebok from Adidas AG in a move that, if successful, would unwind an eight-year-old marriage of sneaker makers that has shown disappointing results.

Jynwel Capital, the investment arm of the billionaire Low family of Asia, and funds affiliated with the government of Abu Dhabi planned to send a letter to Adidas directors imminently, offering to buy its Reebok business for about €1.7 billion ($2.2 billion), people close to the matter said. They are expected to argue that Reebok would have a brighter future if it were managed independently, echoing a sentiment that has underpinned a recent wave of corporate breakups.

It isn’t clear how receptive Adidas might be to the bid and there is no assurance it would be successful.

Adidas bought Reebok in 2006 for roughly €3 billion ($3.8 billion) with the intention of creating a footwear and sporting-apparel company that would rival Nike Inc. and have more clout with retailers.

About time Hahahaha Hahahaha - Adidas should've retroed Reebok's '80s & '90s back catalog immediately in '04 or '05 when they purchased them instead of waiting till about '13 to bring back sneakers after Nike controlled the retro market throughout the '00s.

Add them replacing the Vector logo with the lame CrossFit logo to another misstep (which was thankfully reversed due to Reebok cutting ties with CrossFit).

Hahahaha Hahahaha ask the mods if you can move this to the 'General' thread, this is more of a 'news' type thread and there are others who might be interested too.

About time Hahahaha Hahahaha - Adidas should've retroed Reebok's '80s & '90s back catalog immediately in '04 or '05 when they purchased them instead of waiting till about '13 to bring back sneakers after Nike controlled the retro market throughout the '00s.

Add them replacing the Vector logo with the lame CrossFit logo to another misstep (which was thankfully reversed due to Reebok cutting ties with CrossFit).

Curious what this means for Iverson, Shaq and Kemp sig shoes and other popular 90s shoes. Do they release more and put out a better product? Fix the hexalite and other things?

I just made a new thread in General.

Curious what this means for Iverson, Shaq and Kemp sig shoes and other popular 90s shoes. Do they release more and put out a better product? Fix the hexalite and other things?

Can't see them fixing the Hexalite or improving quality immediately but I could see them at least expanding their product offerings - they are so damn limited right now. :smh: :smh: :smh:

ehh not sure how i feel about that acquisition in terms of providing long time reebok fans with the product we want.

but on the other hand props to them for stepping up and i’m happy that they’re getting involved with trying to grab ownership

The Master P and Baron Davis group is solid. UCLA was Reebok when BD was playing. Master P had a signature Converse, so he has footwear experience.

No one wants Reebok’s. You guys will be looking like fools rocking Retro Reebok’s. 🤣

No one wants Reebok’s. You guys will be looking like fools rocking Retro Reebok’s. 🤣

tenor.gif

I would love to see P and Baron get it but I’m curious what happened with the group from Hong Kong

Could be the HK cats using P and Davis to be the faces of the operation - might be useful if they're making a serious N.American push.

FILA is owned by the Koreans now and they've got some popularity in the Far East.

Back
Top Bottom